• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Just noticed in past couple days that when I click to activate for things like a free coupon from Arby's (Arby's free Rueben coupon) or to watch a video on Amazon (free videos with Prime membership), nothing happens. This is the first time this has happened and I don't know why. Clicking on links on a webpage works fine, but clicking on those "buttons" as I have mentioned does nothing at all.

Sorry if I have not explained this so great, but I am not sure what those buttons are called. Could thi be a problem with javascript?

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

You might have a popup blocker or ad blocker that is preventing it.

Some popup blockers will let popups through if you hold down the 'ctrl' key while clicking. Give that a try.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to run a scan with MalwareBytes or SpyBot to make sure nothing's awry.

Aside from that, the only other thing I can think of is to try a different browser.

OK, thanks for those suggestions. I had not thought a popup blocker was a problem, but it could be. I'll run scans with everything too, just in case.

Well this is odd. I ran my anti-virus (Norton), along with malware and trojan software, and that did nothing. So I decided to restore my computer system to about two weeks ago, when this wasn't a problem. Guess what? NOW when I click on an activation type button, or the "Play" button for Amazon Instant video, it works!

The only thing that had changed in the last couple weeks was Microsoft updated a couple times, one of which was a critical update, So the problem seems to be in a Microsoft update? So I can't let any Microsoft updates run now? Weird.

Not necessarily. Something could have been corrupted
I'll bet if you do updates you'll be fine

ellory said:   Not necessarily. Something could have been corrupted
I'll bet if you do updates you'll be fine
Excellent point. I'll run the Microsoft updates and see what happens. I think there was a Java update that had run also, so it could be either one of the updates that, if corrupted, gave me the problem. Thank you.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014