Google.com is not responding.....

Archived From: Technology
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
rated:
I have a new pc with Win 7 64 bit o/s on it. Recently IE9 has been acting really weird. It will lock up and I see a message that "google.com is not responding". I can recover the page, which reloads it and then it works ok for a bit. This also happens on any other website (like FW). It just gets stuck.

I uninstalled IE9 and installed IE10 this morning and I get the same problem. If I use firefox I don't have any problems. But IE is my choice of browser.

It also seems that it doesn't keep up with my typing (and I don't type fast). So what gives? How can I fix this?

I have Avast Feee 8.0.1483 - that I thought might be causing this problem, so I turned it off, and I still have the issue.

Here are the details:

Internet Explorer

Google.com is not responding

Description:
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: iexplore.exe
Application Version: 10.0.9200.16521
Application Timestamp: 51207618
Hang Signature: 8f89
Hang Type: 131072
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Hang Signature 1: 8f89cf718c14cafe3e20c5e43ab34dea
Additional Hang Signature 2: 920e
Additional Hang Signature 3: 920ef2ad8d1e1d3a1a769e2770b448a7
Additional Hang Signature 4: 8f89
Additional Hang Signature 5: 8f89cf718c14cafe3e20c5e43ab34dea
Additional Hang Signature 6: 920e
Additional Hang Signature 7: 920ef2ad8d1e1d3a1a769e2770b448a7

Read our privacy statement online:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/windows-7-privacy-statement#T1=highlights

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:Windowssystem32en-USerofflps.txt

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I Googled "AppHangB1" and found to do a safe boot with network. The pc worked fine. So then I did a regular boot, did MSCONFIG and turned off all the start up items except for the Avast anti-virus.

The problem showed up again. I uninstalled the newest version of Avast and installed version 7.0.1483 and now it "appears" everything is fine.

I think the problem was something to do with Avast and IE.

Crazy how this crap happens.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014