• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I have an asus k55a with uefi and partitioned with c:/windows 7 64/ D: data and a recovery partition, I want to wipe it all out and reinstall win 7 64 with mbr like I used to in xp to ONE partition on drive, Is this possible? I downloaded a windows 7 64 bit DVD iso and burned it to disc, when I boot from it, I deleted couple partitions it allowed me to and ended up with 450gb unallocated space, when I click new to make new partition, it won't let me due to it being GPT but the win 7 disc is 64 bit.

the OS on it now is Win 7 64 bit from ASUS pre-install. I just want it one partiton with none of the complexity. Having issues with programs not starting even after running the asus recovery which doesn't delete my data partition so not sure if it is just reinstalling on top of an unstable setup.

please help.

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

OK, FOUND A WORKAROUND I think, deleted all partitions, changed hard drive from achi to ide, reinstalled
using upgrade disc full install.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014