WDTV Live no longer seeing my laptop

Archived From: Technology
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I have a WDTV Live that is hooked up to my TV. I have been using to stream movies from my computer, on which I created a shared folder with the movies, but starting 3 days ago, the WDTV Live no longers sees my PC. Its not that it doesn't see the shared folder, it doesn't see the computer. It sees my son's computer and my wife's work computer, but it doesn't see mine anymore.

Is it possible a setting got changed on my computer? I can't figure out why it can't even see it. I'm not very technical, so if you have follow up questions regarding WIFI or my router, please use small words

All computer connect to the internet via WIFI, through a router connected to my Comcast modem.

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Probably windows firewall was reset by a M$ update.

try turning whatever firewall software you have on your computer off. then see if it will connect. if it does it is a firewall rule that needs to be changed. try this as a first step as Forbin4040 suggested.

I don't have a firewall.

No windows security essentials, or internet provider antivirus software, Norton, McAfee, etc, that might have an intergrated software firewall?

Do you know how to get the Local area network IP address of your computer? There are some diagnostics that can be done with that info.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014