• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I just purchased a Fujitsi ix500 scanner from Newegg (see this Newegg Fujitsu ix500 Scanner deal) but wasn't happy with their extended warranty plan. I can get this SquareTrade 3 year warranty from Amazon for about $30 less than Newegg, and I have had good experience with SquareTrade.

So the question is - can I purchase the extended warranty from Amazon to cover a product NOT purchased on Amazon?

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I thought SquareTrade was for wherever, you just had to provide a receipt, but I would double check. They have a question section at the bottom of that link so you could just post there. Or, they have a toll free number about half way down so you could just call and ask.

thats the way i understand them to work

minidrag said:   I thought SquareTrade was for wherever, you just had to provide a receipt, but I would double check. They have a question section at the bottom of that link so you could just post there. Or, they have a toll free number about half way down so you could just call and ask.

Amazon is a SquareTrade reseller, so I would have guessed yes, but the quick summary of the official FW SquareTrade thread indicates otherwise. However, why not just call SquareTrade and ask them? (877)927-7268

You can purchase the warranty directly from SquareTrade and remove any doubt. If you search FW for SquareTrade coupons, create a topic alert, or subscribe to the aforementioned thread, you can often find codes for up to 40% off and potentially save more than buying it from Amazon, depending on the warranty.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014