• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I was asked about accessing the Internet while on the road by someone who runs a small business. No corporate VPN to go through for security. Does anyone have any recommendations for the best way to do this / best company to go through?

Member Summary

What do they need secured? A lot of sites use HTTPS now, so traffic through an open wifi isn't as much an issue.

Whatever you do, don't do what he did.

A little to vague there Minid, what Security is he looking for? Where is he connecting? I sure HOPE he isn't doing Remote Desktop without a VPN firewall for example.

Maybe he is looking for something like http://hidemyass.com which is a vpn connection to the internet?

He wants to connect to WiFi hotspots all over the place - airports, McDonald's, etc... He will be using some HTTP and some HTTPS sites. He doesn't do any kind of remote, just needs to access web sites. He just doesn't want the people that own the hotspots (or someone else sitting there) being able to see what he's doing.

Then Hidemyass VPN is what he wants. Basically encrypts all traffic up to their server.
I have heard there are free ones but I don't know any at this moment.

I'll check it out, thanks.

Happy to read this post. I learned a lot.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014