Best free alternative to Adobe Acrobat?

Archived From: Technology
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Looking for a XP compatible freeware to create and edit PDFs. Need scanner and OCR support. Any recommendation? Thanks!

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Foxit does have scanner support. Don't know about OCR.

see manual if it fits your need.

I use CutePDF to create and add PDFCreator if I need to make an Encrypted.

But Scan compatible?

pdf viewer has limited editing in the free edition.

You could now use a professional tool to read your PDF files (both with or without searchable text). It will be better to use their Superior OCR engine to re-recognize all your text again and then finally output all of them to your desired PDF searchable format.

arronlee said:   You could now use a professional tool to read your PDF files (both with or without searchable text). It will be better to use their Superior OCR engine to re-recognize all your text again and then finally output all of them to your desired PDF searchable format.

Thanks for posting. I'll check into your recommendation. We have been looking for a software program that can ocr pdf files of Excel spreadsheets. We have tried a couple of programs that work to a limited extent but are looking for more accurate ocr and format retention

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014