• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Hello,
I am using Firefox and ran into a problem after I installed last pass (which I have since uninstalled to try to resolve the problem). I had saved logins on HTTPS sites and it used to fill them in, now it does not even though the information still stored when I enter tools saved passwords. Is there any way to fix this? I have several logins on searchers webpages (Yahoo mail etc.).

Also, a problem I have had before is when I enter certain secure sites it used to ask to save my passwords/logins. It only seems to do that on certain sites. I know it doesn't do it for security purposes, but I am the only one he uses my computer and I want to override it. Is there any way I can do this?

Member Summary

I fixed the first issue, but still would like to know on the second question.

Not sure if this is still valid, but before I started using Roboform I had the same issue and used the bookmarklet solution shown here:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/762599

Since the purpose of LastPass is to fill in your login (and other fillable form information) when prompted, it would be confusing to say the least if it AND Firefox were filling in fields at the same time. Therefore, I'm sure LastPass disabled such features in Firefox. When you uninstalled LP, it seems likely that the features were not reenable in FF, so you have to do it manually. As for how to do it, surely you can find the answer with Google or Bing.

BTW I'm just curious as to why you installed LP if you apparently weren't going to let it do what it's designed to do. It should have imported your saved login infos from FF on install, and then prompted you to fill in appropriate fields when you went to the login pages that you had saved. Were you declining the prompt, or were you not being asked?

Flatbob said:   BTW I'm just curious as to why you installed LP if you apparently weren't going to let it do what it's designed to do.I'm pretty sure that's not what he said. He removed LP because he had a problem after installing it. After removing LP he had a bit of trouble getting FF to work with his passwords again, but he has since fixed that issue.

minidrag said:   Flatbob said:   BTW I'm just curious as to why you installed LP if you apparently weren't going to let it do what it's designed to do.I'm pretty sure that's not what he said. He removed LP because he had a problem after installing it. After removing LP he had a bit of trouble getting FF to work with his passwords again, but he has since fixed that issue.I understood him to say that he had the problem with his logins not being filled in after installing LP, so he uninstalled it to try to fix that. But if LP is configured correctly, there shouldn't have been a problem in the first place.

Flatbob said:   I understood him to say that he had the problem with his logins not being filled in after installing LP, so he uninstalled it to try to fix that. But if LP is configured correctly, there shouldn't have been a problem in the first place.Well, we'll have to wait for him to come back and tell us, but I read this:
I am using Firefox and ran into a problem after I installed last pass (which I have since uninstalled to try to resolve the problem)
to mean there was some other issue.

You are both right... I installed it, then decided to uninstall it because I do want to type in a long password each time. I like going to the websites and not having to type anything. This is why I uninstalled it and when I did that I lost Firefox pw/form filling. I guess I can use a short last pass password since I am pretty much the only one that uses my computer.

The problem was that it unchecked fill passwords in the options. I still would like to know why it doesn't give me the option to save passwords on certain secure websites. For example: it asks me on Yahoo, Staples, Amazon, and more, but not on Outlook and a few others.

getstuff4less said:   I still would like to know why it doesn't give me the option to save passwords on certain secure websites. For example: it asks me on Yahoo, Staples, Amazon, and more, but not on Outlook and a few others.Did you see my first reply, above? Some sites are designed to deny auto password saving.

getstuff4less said:   I installed it, then decided to uninstall it because I do want to type in a long password each time. I like going to the websites and not having to type anything.Any chance you can reword that? It is making no sense to me.

Sorry, I am using a voice dictation program due to health reasons. It's hard to type and with Firefox's built-in forum/PW filler I go to the site and the password is automatically filled in. I don't like the fact that with Lastpass you need you to type in a password each time. I have decided to just update my passwords and automatically save a long PW with Firefox. Anyway, thank you for your help.

I didn't realize that LP required a password. I thought that it was optional. But I use Roboform (where it is definitely optional) so I'm not completely sure about that.

minidrag said:   I didn't realize that LP required a password. I thought that it was optional. But I use Roboform (where it is definitely optional) so I'm not completely sure about that.It is possible to autologin LP itself. It's not recommended by them, but there is a checkbox at login to enable it.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014