• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
hey guys - we have some ipads that are used for special need kids who like to watch Netflix
and we are noticing that now when you choose a program you have to click play on ipad or google tv.
Our problem is the kids don't know what either of those options are so they get frustrated
when google tv is pressed - is there a way to remove the google tv option so Netflix or youtube
just populate on the ipad? thanks and cheers! google is typically my friend but so far no luck

Member Summary

Can you explain this more clearly? Perhaps simplify it. Why remove a play button?

Here's what I assume:
1. You open Netflix
2. You click on a show
3. You want it to autoplay

I'll have to look to see if there is an option when I get home. Some App settings can be found in the iPad settings control panel. The left column should have 3rd party apps on the bottom.

edit: removed question that is no longer relevant

1) They click netlix on the ipad
2) they click the show ie barney or dora or any show
3) instead of playing the show on the ipad now a box appears that says:
play on
ipad
google tv

if there is a way to just have it play automatically like it used to on the ipad without having to choose it would make their life less stressfull (mine also)

we are trying to teach them but honestly even in the best case - when they pick correctly their fingers are so small that it doesn't work easily

i like your idea of 3rd party settings will go and play with that for a bit

It sounds like you're running into this feature of the Netflix app:
http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/secret-update-adds-netflix-r...

I'm guessing that there's a TV with GoogleTV on it in the same area that the iPads are being used, and someone logged into Netflix on it using the same Netflix account.

To remove it, log into Netflix on the web, go to your account, and under streaming options choose "Sign out of all devices." You'll then have to log back in on the iPad, but the GoogleTV option should be gone.

trader14 said:   we are trying to teach them but honestly even in the best case - when they pick correctly their fingers are so small that it doesn't work easily
That's much more understandable now that you've clarified. I removed my question as it's no longer relevant.

Hopefully logging out of the google device might help, or the settings in the ipad app settings control panel will help. Unfortunately, logging out on one app isn't always an option.

riznick said:   trader14 said:   we are trying to teach them but honestly even in the best case - when they pick correctly their fingers are so small that it doesn't work easily
That's much more understandable now that you've clarified. I removed my question as it's no longer relevant.

Hopefully logging out of the google device might help, or the settings in the ipad app settings control panel will help. Unfortunately, logging out on one app isn't always an option.

will give it a go - sounds like it should work...thanks and cheers!

Use kid locking app like Zoodles to create a kid safe dashboard with all their own custom apps. I have an old Droid set up for my kids this way.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014