• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
My
TV's have no ETHERNET, (plenty of HDMI) is there an adapter to add such?

Would a laptop with HDMI out
work?

Member Summary

what is it your trying to do?

That's a little vague of a question there

I have a
Belkin Universal WiFi adapter.
http://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-F7D4555

It shows you can input from any source with ethernet and out the same.
I have no TV with ethernet in.
I want to use to feed TV in garage.

Are you trying to stream Netflix or something like that? Are you trying to get TV off of an antenna? Are you trying to get cable TV in your garage? Since your TV doesn't have an ethernet port I don't see how a WiFi adapter will help you.

backsplatter said:   Are you trying to stream Netflix or something like that? Are you trying to get TV off of an antenna? Are you trying to get cable TV in your garage? Since your TV doesn't have an ethernet port I don't see how a WiFi adapter will help you.

Hulu and yes to the others. But not antenna.
I can get a TV with ethernet if I have to...

This is like playing 20 questions. Is the TV a smart TV, i.e., one that includes apps that allow you to use online services? My guess is not. If it isn't, you need either a new smart TV or something like a wifi/ethernet capable Blue-ray player or something like a Roku box, Apple TV, or Google TV that will connect to your TV via HDMI.

If you want cable TV you would need to run a cable to where you want service to be. Depending on your provider you might need a new cable box at the new TV. Is your garage within range of your current WiFi network?

It would be easier to get a Roku or a NeoTV or a AppleTV than what you are trying to do.

My thinking I guess in error was the Belkin could have all I have into fed intoit then get all on another
TV with no wires using the at that TV but it needs ethernet in.

http://www.amazon.com/Actiontec-Wireless-WiFi-Multi-Room-Video/d...
Something like this is probably more what you are thinking of. Remember that with this setup you need to go to the remote location to select what you want to watch on the tv.

Also there is one input to the box so you would need to put a switch in front of it to select the input.

Yes, a laptop with HDMI out would give you Hulu / Netflix / etc. on the tv.
Does the laptop receive a good signal in the garage?

That is basically what a "Roku box, Apple TV, or Google TV" is.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014