• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
is there a calculator program online that allows me to enter in computers' specifications to compute their overall power?

For example, I want to enter each of my computers' cpu, memory, hard drive, etc. and have the program spit out a overall score that I can use to compare with other computers' specs?

thanks?

Member Summary

The CPU is MOST important, go to CPUBENCHMARK.NET and then compare. There isn't any site specific that I am aware of where you check ALL parts. Because if your CPU sucks, then it doesn't matter that you have a SSD drive or other high end item.

thanks.

forbin4040 said:   The CPU is MOST important, go to CPUBENCHMARK.NET and then compare. There isn't any site specific that I am aware of where you check ALL parts. Because if your CPU sucks, then it doesn't matter that you have a SSD drive or other high end item.

but i thought the overall computer systems rating depends on many things, such as ram, cpu, and hard drive space.

Are you looking for a power supply calculator?
http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

No i am just looking for software or a website that can rate my syatems based on their specs similarly to how in Control Panel\System and Security\System you can find out the systems performance rating.

The rating in Windows is based on the lowest item in the system. It doesn't mean the system is bad, but if for example you have a crap Video card you can get a 2.0 Rating from a Machine that has a I7-3630 and 8gb of ram.

Just keep an eye on the CPU, ONLY after that can the other items come into play.

pcpitstop used to be free and give you an overall score, based on your build, but i haven't looked at it in at least a decade, sisoft sandra is another program with a built in database for comparison.

thanks all! im on my way to computer litterasy now

bestbuy1115 said:   thanks all! im on my way to computer litterasy now

up next....the english language

bestbuy1115 said:   forbin4040 said:   The CPU is MOST important, go to CPUBENCHMARK.NET and then compare. There isn't any site specific that I am aware of where you check ALL parts. Because if your CPU sucks, then it doesn't matter that you have a SSD drive or other high end item.but i thought the overall computer systems rating depends on many things, such as ram, cpu, and hard drive space.
Nothing comes close to being important as CPU speed, unless you're using the graphics processor for something intensive, like an action game, mathematical modeling, or cryptography (Bitcoin mining).

Hard drive space and size of memory matter only if you don't have enough of either, such as only 1GB of free disk space or you're trying to run Windows Vista in just 1GB of RAM.

Hard drive SPACE should only matter if you need it for virtual memory. What's more important for overall system performance is hard drive SPEED. A 10k RPM hard drive or Solid State hard drive significantly improves your computer's performance. I would say:
  1. CPU speed
  2. RAM (amount and speed)
  3. Hard Drive speed (go with Solid State for fastest performance)

Also, changing your virtual memory from system managed to a set amount will speed things up. Set the minimum size and maximum size to the same number. I usually double my physical memory number, so 8GB of RAM would be 16000 (rounding) on the virtual memory setting.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014