• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
So I started playing with Virtualbox, trying to get Ubuntu running in it with Host as Windows 7 64.

So far I have tried everything; downloaded premade VDI, made my own with Ubuntu ISO but somehow it always boot into a blank screen when I boot into installed image. Sometime I was able to boot to login screen but that's as far as I got. Watch a few youtube video too and I did everything per instruction, beside, the process doesn't seem that complicated to begin with.

I must be missing something obvious?! Oh, I also got a 32bit color warning from Ubunto even though I am running 32 bit in my host system already.

Would VMware Player be a better VM to try? Virtualbox is completely free but VMware Player has certain restrictions.

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

i've had ubuntu and mint running in VMware (player, not workstation) on windows 7, my virtualbox only has a windows 8 vm though, haven't tried ubuntu in it. i think i kept all the defaults except allocating a bit more hd/memory and an extra core. did you change any of the defaults?

I've never had trouble creating an Ubuntu Virtualbox from scratch with a Windows 7 host (both 64 bit.) If you follow this step by step, where do you get an error? http://mikesmithers.wordpress.com/2011/03/23/installing-ubuntu-i...

The error is just stuck sometime and other time a warning about not running the host in 32 bit color then a blank screen.

I fixed it now by following an advice to manually update Ubuntu, after the reboot, it works now.

thanks,

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014