Looking for Dell Windows 7 Home x64 ISO

Archived From: Technology
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Customer's COA is faded so much I can't read it so can't use my OEM DVD and then enter their COA. A Dell DVD won't require the COA, but they don't have one.

Does anyone have a source for a legit copy of this? I don't want to go somewhere like Pirate Bay where I can't be sure if it is a good copy.

Member Summary

minidrag said:   Customer's COA is faded so much I can't read it so can't use my OEM DVD and then enter their COA. A Dell DVD won't require the COA, but they don't have one.

Does anyone have a source for a legit copy of this? I don't want to go somewhere like Pirate Bay where I can't be sure if it is a good copy.

RE:
Customer's COA is faded so much

You need the number right?
Is it not on the pc's properties or use Belarc to get it.

New hard drive, old drive is totally dead, can't get anything from it.

you should be able to order form Dell for the price of shipping

Yes, and I will as a last resort. But I'd like to get this machine up and running as soon as possible which means not waiting for disks to ship.

I don't use vendor specific discs. Instead, I backup the original activation, then restore it after doing a clean install (skipping entering the activation code during install). Either of these tools can do it:
http://directedge.us/content/abr-activation-backup-and-restore
http://joshcellsoftwares.com/products/advancedtokensmanager/

Of course, you don't have a backup, and can't because the harddrive died. In this case, I would run the backup on a working Dell PC with factory installed Windows 7 Home Premium (desktop or laptop, x86 or x64), and then use that backup to restore activation on the laptop. As long as the brand of PC and edition of Windows is the same, the activation should be restored fine.

If I had a Dell PC with Windows 7 Home sitting here I would certainly try that. Unfortunately I don't.

I guess we're back to contacting Dell to get a DVD.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014