Skydrive installation

Archived From: Technology
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I installed skydrive on my Dell Vostro laptop but I dont see the icon in the task bar. I see the folder but God know how and when the sync happens?(photos get synced). Any inputs?

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

SkyDrive is integrated directly into the file tree, so placing your documents in the cloud to share with other devices is a breeze. Since, Explorer windows have the ribbon interface, it can be hidden away to be opened on demand with a click of one of the menu tabs some of which appear only when relevant file types, such as images, are selected. Task Manager now provides all sorts of detail, from the CPU, memory, disk and network usage of every running process, to live graphs of overall system resource usage and histories of which programs have been running.

And, how do I add folder manually to skydrive? Say I want to include documents pictures to skydrive.

I use skydrive and really like it, but it does have one major limitation compared to some of the other
cloud syncing options. You have to put the folder you want to sync into the skydrive directory. (There
may be ways to get around this, but other FW members have recommended dropbox if you want to sync individual
folders in your directory without having to move them.)

Oh I use skydrive on my desktop and it works perfectly. Now with my laptop I cant switch accounts or anything. I wonder what's happening.

Maybe something is just different in 8.1? Perhaps some of the things in here will help:

http://www.howtogeek.com/166996/how-windows-8.1-integrates-skydr...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014