• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I have shared line between my landline phone and fax machine. I have 1 phone number for my phone and fax. Whenever I have incoming phone calls, the calls get routed to the fax machine after 1 ring. Why? How can I fix the problem?

Thank you.

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

turn off/change auto answer on your fax machine, they usually have an auto answer option for # of rings, feel free to RTFM

Most fax machines have an option to auto detect the type of call. They'll answer on first ring and will listen to the incoming fax tones. If it doesn't detect them, then the phone will continue to ring normally, otherwise it would take the incoming fax. Note that this in a sense, answers the call at first ring so it doesn't really work well with other phones attached on the same phone line, only phones attached to the (typical) phone port on the fax machine.

Otherwise, change the auto answer to off.

And of course, as others have suggested, RTFM.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014