Microsoft Excel 2002 (SP3) formatting

Archived From: Technology
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I am creating an Excel document detailing the demographics of equipment that my unit owns. As some of the devices do not have an exact acquisition date, I would like to add a footnote to the last printed page indicating that identified item acquisition dates are estimated. However, I do not see a way to add a footnote only to the last page; my footnote appears on every page.

Also, I would like the document to print the individual cell borders/lines. However, when I preview the document, no lines are included.

Can someone please share how I can add footnotes to the last page and ensure cell borders/lines are printed using Excel 2002 (SP3)?

Thank you.

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I was able to print cell borders via Page Setup > Sheet > "Xing" the gridlines box.

Is there a "best fit" option in formatting cell widths? I recall in previous Excel editions that a "best fit" box could be clicked. I can't find such an option in Excel 2002.

For 'best fit' on cell widths, you just double click the line between the column headers.  In other words, if you have a bunch of data in column A, double click the vertical line between 'A' and 'B' in the column headers and it will make column A as wide as it needs to be based on the data that you've entered in that column.

To print the cell borders (gridlines), File > Page Setup > Sheet > Gridlines.

I don't think you can add a footnote to just the last page.  Of course you could save two versions and add the footnote on one of them, only printing the last page of that version.  Not exactly what you want, but a possibility.  If it were me, I'd just add the footnote at the end of my data in whatever row that is and then it would print on the last page only.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014