• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Who does this and do you think its worth the $300+ dollars for a premium tablet to do this? Ie my sound is fine without headphones for my laptop, but might not be practical with a tablet . I also wonder whether most tablets have the WIFI capability to stream movies from a desktop I have over wifi

My situation is I would like to read the Economist on the kindle android. My Galaxy S3's screen is a too small to read it comfortably so I want to get something that I could read it in all kinds of positions comfortably in....a nice tablet. Then I thought to myself...why only read, why not stream movies during bedtime on this tablet?

Why can't I do it on my laptop? My laptop is a larger Samsung Chronos 7 desktop replacement. It is bottom heavy and not meant for bedtime reading. Also the Economist Kindle isn't available for Kindle PC

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

What screen size are you looking for? Is a 7" tablet big enough, or would you want a 9" or 10" tablet? Are you subscribed to the Kindle edition of The Economist, or could you switch to reading it in another format?

B&N is selling their Nook HD+ 9" tablet for pretty cheap, $149:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/nook-hd-plus-barnes-noble/1110060512

The Nook doesn't let you install the Amazon Kindle app, but there's a Nook version of The Economist available:
http://www.economist.com/digital

You could also root the Nook and install the Kindle app manually.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014