Wordpress hosting

Archived From: Technology
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I recently made the decision to relocate to Switzerland, and I would like to start a blog about my experience. I already registered my domain name so the next step is to find a place that will host my blog. Are there any recommendations for a host? I'm looking for unbiased information. Whenever I search google for a wordpress host, or reviews about worspress hosts, all I come across are other peoples blogs, and they're trying to get me to sign up with their host so they can earn commission on the referral.

My domain name is registered with GoDaddy. I'm thinking about signing up for their Economy wordpress hosting plan, 12 months at $3.99/month. My only concern is they only guarantee 99.9% uptime, which is kind of poor. I've also looked at Amazon EC2. Should I just start with a free instance of EC2 and grow from there?

Member Summary

Awardspace has free wordpress hosting. You can try it and see if it meets your needs.

nasheedb said:    My only concern is they only guarantee 99.9% uptime, which is kind of poor.

Just curious - what kind of uptime do you consider not poor?

Also, for a blog, why would 99.9% be a problem?

GoDaddy economy wordpress is quite reliable. I have used it for numerous sites. It can be slow, though.

I prefer using 1and1.com + Cloudfront.net (CDN) for wordpress blog hosting.

99.9% uptime. That's not poor by any set of benchmarking. In fact nothing beats GoDaddy. It has got excellent customer support.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014