• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Hello, I recently purchased a Dell Vostro 1500 laptop for my girlfriend, and its battery is a 56 WHr 6-cell Lithium Ion one. I am wondering approximately how long this battery is supposed to last without a charger plugged into the laptop.

Thank you,
Victor Ly

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I'm really surprised you didn't find this link when you searched google. You did search before posting, didn't you?

"Battery

Battery life on the 1500 with the standard 6-cell battery was only average at best. Even with the screen brightness set to less than half, wireless on, and XP power settings set to maximize battery life, the 1500 powered down in just above 2 hours (2 hours and 3 minutes). Using the same settings the 9-cell battery provided 3 hours and 51 minutes of battery life. Unless size and travel weight are your primary concerns I highly recommend purchasing the 9-cell battery for the 1500."

skibum43 said: I'm really surprised you didn't find this link when you searched google. You did search before posting, didn't you?

"Battery

Battery life on the 1500 with the standard 6-cell battery was only average at best. Even with the screen brightness set to less than half, wireless on, and XP power settings set to maximize battery life, the 1500 powered down in just above 2 hours (2 hours and 3 minutes). Using the same settings the 9-cell battery provided 3 hours and 51 minutes of battery life. Unless size and travel weight are your primary concerns I highly recommend purchasing the 9-cell battery for the 1500."

Thank you for the response. I did search Google.com, but focused most of my attention on Dell's own Web site. I also searched FatWallet's two Vostro 1500 threads, but could not find any definite answers. I haven't posted a question thread without searching Google.com in over two years (okay, once about half a year ago, but that was when I was in a hurry because I had to leave for something). In any case, thanks for the help.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014