• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Ok. I'm getting the above error in the BIOS of my machine on bootup. This message started right when I installed an Adaptec 1420SA Sata Raid Card into a New Dell Poweredge T105.

Here is a summary of all my stuff...
Dell PowerEdge T105
CPU: Dual Core AMD Opteron Processor 1210 @ 1800MHz
4096 System Memory

Here is the exact error exactly as it appears on the screen...
Dell Bios said: Fixed Disk 0: WDC WD800AAJS-18TDA1
ATAPI CD-ROM: HL-DT-STDVD-ROM GDRH20N
Mouse initialized

Resource Conflict - PCI Mass Storage Controller in slot 03
Bus:01, Device:07, Function:00

Strike F1 key to continue, F2 to run the setup utility

I tried using the F2 setup utility but it didn't give me any way to adjust IRQs (I remember having to do this back in windows 95 but didn't realize that it was still an issue). All of the options that I get when I press F2 are as follows...
BIOS said: System Time
System Date
Memory Information
CPU Information
SATA Configuration
Boot Sequence
Integrated Devices
Serial Communication
System Security
System Event Log
Keyboard NumLock
Report Keyboard Errors

Again the raid card is brand new and it is being installed on a FRESH install of Windows XP pro. The card IS being booted up without any drives attached.

My research done thus far..
Unsuccessfull search on FatWallet Computer forums for 'Resource Conflict'
Google search with no total fixes

Supporting documents..
Raid card user manual
Dell T105 user manual

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

yaijic said: I tried using the F2 setup utility but it didn't give me any way to adjust IRQs (I remember having to do this back in windows 95 but didn't realize that it was still an issue).

Again the raid card is brand new and it is being installed on a FRESH install of Windows XP pro. The card IS being booted up without any drives attached.

Windows has nothing to do with this. This conflict is happening in BIOS, long before Windows even thinks about loading.

Do you have other SATA devices or are you just going to use this card? Try turning off all IDE devices (PATA and SATA) that you are not going to use (probably listed under SATA config) and also check in Integrated Devices and Serial Communications to see if there are any ports (serial or parallel) that you are not using that you can turn off.

I was out of town for awhile and this project was put on hold. I've since worked on this a for a few hours today.

I've gone into the BIOS already and disabled ALL of the following...
ALL Sata ports and the SATA controller itself

EVERYTHING in the "Integrated Devices" section. More specifically...
The onboard NIC
ALL USB ports (internal, front and back)
Diskette Controller
Serial Port

However despite all my efforts the machine will always boot with the above listed error.

Does anyone else have any further ideas for me on this case?

Try other PCI slots.

If that doesn't work, have you followed Xnarg's links to Adaptec tech support?

minidrag said: Try other PCI slots.Unfortunately there is only 1 PCI slot =(.

minidrag said: If that doesn't work, have you followed Xnarg's links to Adaptec tech support?Yes, I've written them but they do my biggest pet peeve with technical support... They take a few days respond and when they do it is like a canned response and I feel like they aren't even reading my entire question. I got "disable everything on board" (actually got that twice). Then another time I got try a different slot. Finally I got an other basically 'disable everything on board' response by them telling me to unplug everything internally etc.. I've written them again and hoping for the best.

Any input from anyone else would be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried Dell support? If the machine only has 1 PCI slot it may well be that upgrades weren't really intended. The motherboard may have some stuff on it that just plain conflicts with the chipset of the RAID controller you are trying to use. Dell support may already know of this issue. They may not, but it couldn't hurt to ask them.

somewhat irritated at this point. Been about 60 hours and no update from adaptec. I've since contacted Dell to see if they can tell me specifically what its conflicting with.

I have the exact same issue. It appears to be a problem with the BIOS on the T105. Dell either intentionally or unintentionally cripple the BIOS so that it doesn't support additional PCI RAID cards - specifically I'm trying to use an Adaptec 2410SA.

Dell's response has been along the lines of,

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014