How do I de-coupon printer my computer?

Archived From: Technology
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I saw that someone on here put up a link to a page that told you how to erase cookies etc. that track how many coupons you print. If you have that info, would you please post it again? Thanks

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
The flip side of this argument is that these countermeasures are necessary to stop people like the OP from abusing the s... (more)

jayK (Jul. 08, 2008 @ 6:56p) |

The space aged technology is simple. When anyone clicks a link that leads into my site, my site records the referring U... (more)

VirtuallyJohn (Jul. 08, 2008 @ 8:29p) |

hey what happened to you site?

1thess5v18 (Aug. 13, 2008 @ 2:29p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Were you referring to this thread?

no, but thanks. I was on other hot deals. It was a coupon and someone was explaining how to print multiples.

1thess5v18 said: no, but thanks. I was on other hot deals. It was a coupon and someone was explaining how to print multiples.Install CutePDF Writer (freeware). When you print, choose the CutePDF printer, which will then print to a PDF file. Then simply open the PDF and print it as many times as you want.

Problem solved.

but how do I erase it from my memory now that I have already installed it. I tried just erasing the coupon printer, but I guess I have info still on my computer.

1thess5v18 said: but how do I erase it from my memory now that I have already installed it. I tried just erasing the coupon printer, but I guess I have info still on my computer.You don't. The reason these coupon printer software programs exist is to prevent people from abusing the system by printing out multiple copies of coupons. If you want to print another copy, use another computer.

Alternatively you could try setting up a virtual machine, but that's probably more trouble than it's worth.

HotStuff2 said: 1thess5v18 said: no, but thanks. I was on other hot deals. It was a coupon and someone was explaining how to print multiples.Install CutePDF Writer (freeware). When you print, choose the CutePDF printer, which will then print to a PDF file. Then simply open the PDF and print it as many times as you want.

Problem solved.

there are few coupon printers they will not print to PDF files. period.

Why not just scan the single coupon that you have? nothing is going to be able to sneak past you scanning it

LordB said: Why not just scan the single coupon that you have? nothing is going to be able to sneak past you scanning it The coupon software usually prints a unique serial number on each coupon. If more than one coupon with the same serial number is redeemed, it's easy to find out who that coupon was assigned to and who to go after for coupon fraud.

You could try multiple browsers, I suppose.
IE, Firefox, Opera, Safari...

I will try that, thanks.

I think this is what you're looking for:
http://www.tenbucks.net/index.cfm/Uninstalling-Coupon-Printer

BTW, multiple browsers, virtual machines, PDF drivers, etc are all powerless against this thing. It's WAY smarter than that, as you'll see by the first article on the page.

rseiler said: I think this is what you're looking for:

BTW, multiple browsers, virtual machines, PDF drivers, etc are all powerless against this thing. It's WAY smarter than that, as you'll see by the first article on the page.

Actually, virtual machines and PDF drivers are easily used against this thing without any special circumvention of their "technological measures" ... this of course will all come out when I answer Coupons, Inc.'s complaint and file cross-claims against Coupons, Inc.

-john

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for. Has anyone tried this? Is it safe? I don't know much about my computer's insides, so I don't want to download? or upload? anything that is gonna kill my computer.

are you the guy who runs this website?
VirtuallyJohn said: rseiler said: I think this is what you're looking for:

Actually, virtual machines and PDF drivers are easily used against this thing without any special circumvention of their "technological measures" ... this of course will all come out when I answer Coupons, Inc.'s complaint and file cross-claims against Coupons, Inc.

-john

Yes, that would be me.

1thess5v18 said: are you the guy who runs this website?

-john

The way I see it, we should have every legal right possible to remove any software and traces of that software from our computers as we please.

Furthermore, it should be illegal for a company to hide proprietary files on your computer that remain after you uninstall their product. It should let you know what files are remaining so that you can manually clean them out.

well thank you very much for posting this.
VirtuallyJohn said: Yes, that would be me.

1thess5v18 said: are you the guy who runs this website?

-john

VirtuallyJohn said: Actually, virtual machines and PDF drivers are easily used against this thing without any special circumvention of their "technological measures" ... this of course will all come out when I answer Coupons, Inc.'s complaint and file cross-claims against Coupons, Inc.
What space-aged technology do you use to find any mention of your site on the Internets? I've seen you do this before, and it's quite fast.

OK, that there is a way to circumvent it with VMs and PDF drivers is interesting, though there must be some trick involved, or at least it involves products I've not tried. So maybe it's easy if you already know how or which products to use.

Of course, once it's public, then whatever loophole this is will close.

riznick said: The way I see it, we should have every legal right possible to remove any software and traces of that software from our computers as we please.

Furthermore, it should be illegal for a company to hide proprietary files on your computer that remain after you uninstall their product. It should let you know what files are remaining so that you can manually clean them out.
The flip side of this argument is that these countermeasures are necessary to stop people like the OP from abusing the system by printing out multiple coupons. If printable coupon software is not allowed to implement these protections, then printable coupons will simply disappear.

The best case scenario is server-based authentication of coupons, but no one has figured out how to reliably do that yet within the constraints of today's coupon redemption system.

The space aged technology is simple. When anyone clicks a link that leads into my site, my site records the referring URL. I then visit the page to see the subject matter and comment if/when I think I should.

IF Coupons, Inc. ever files a complaint against me which survives my Motion to Dismiss, I will at that time "Answer the Complaint" as well as file Counter-Claims against Coupons, Inc. I'm sorry, but the information I have about Virtual Servers and PDF drivers will be held until those counter-claims are filed. REASON: Coupons, Inc. assures its customers that their software cannot be run in a virtual enviornment nor printed with "image printing software" such as PDF printers. This is a bold faced lie and will be addressed as such.

rseiler said:
What space-aged technology do you use to find any mention of your site on the Internets? I've seen you do this before, and it's quite fast.

OK, that there is a way to circumvent it with VMs and PDF drivers is interesting, though there must be some trick involved, or at least it involves products I've not tried. So maybe it's easy if you already know how or which products to use.

Of course, once it's public, then whatever loophole this is will close.

Its called "Conversion" and it is a violation of the Common Law of California. Coupons, Inc., without permission (this of course when the software was distributed without a licensing agreement) has converted your property for their use. Under their latest software, the licensing agreement obtains your permission to leave files behind, however there are other actions Coupons, Inc. has committed with their latest software that will also be addressed in counter-claims against Coupons, Inc.

riznick said: The way I see it, we should have every legal right possible to remove any software and traces of that software from our computers as we please.

hey what happened to you site?

-john

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014