• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
It appears that smartsource has a new Java applet/plug-in that you use to print coupons. It is preventing me from printing to file/pdf/image using one of my virtual printers.

Can any of our techie friends on this site figure out how to circumvent this auto print to paper feature.

Thanks for any assistance.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

JaxFL said: It appears that smartsource has a new Java applet/plug-in that you use to print coupons. It is preventing me from printing to file/pdf/image using one of my virtual printers.

Can any of our techie friends on this site figure out how to circumvent this auto print to paper feature.
Why do you want to circumvent it?

SmartSource restricts how many copies you can print. OP wants a PDF to circumvent the SmartSource retriction

xerox

As the end user, I simply want to be able to choose what to actually print to paper. I may or may not get around to using every coupon I see and would normally put to pdf. I have a scanner so making copies is not the intent or issue. Some of these coupons have a bunch of advertising below the coupon which would be wasting my ink.

I now see that my printer has a print to file check box, but when I save the file it shows it as an "application/octave ****" somethign and I cant open it. I dont know if I should be saving it as a certain file type or just need to know how to open.

JaxFL said: As the end userSmartSource doesn't really care what the end user thinks...their customers are the manufacturers who provide the coupons. The end user is simply the product sold to the manufacturers.

Any work arounds for smartSource? I can't download files to computer I print off of. Hindering my savings potential...

scottlax said: Any work arounds for smartSource? I can't download files to computer I print off of. Hindering my savings potential...You want help to commit fraud? You won't get it from here

scottlax said: Any work arounds for smartSource? I can't download files to computer I print off of. Hindering my savings potential...I would recommend dumpster diving outside stores that sell newspapers. When they throw out all their Sunday papers, you can find a treasure trove of free coupons.

Realize that they probably encode your account information on those coupons, and if you use them multiple times you may get caught and punished.

If you truly want to archive the coupons...

Buy a printer with local storage that archives print tasks. It will cost thousands of dollars, but it will probably do the job
-or-
Take some programming classes and learn how to write your own print drivers that render and archive the print images
-or-
Just print out the coupons now

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014