• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I search but can't find any information on mac address specificly for Lenovo.
I did Start Run ipconfig/all but it gives me a physical address that is all 0
I called Lenovo and they said it is hidden and refused to tell me how to get the mac address.
I need the mac address to put in my Netgear router Access list.

Please help me with this matter.
Thanks.

Here is the config specs:

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor T6400 ( 2GHz 800MHz 2MB )
Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium 64
Intel Integrated Graphics X4500
4 GB PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM 1066MHz
15.4 " WXGA TFT with integrated camera LCD Glossy 1280x800
Industry Standard Touchpad
320GB 5400
DVD Recordable (Dual Layer)
6 Cell Lithium-Ion
Intel Wireless Wi-Fi Link 5100
Bluetooth Version 2.0 + EDR

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

It should show up with the ipconfig /all. Only the tunnel adapters should show as all 0's.

If you are using DHCP on your router, it should list the MAC address for all of the DHCP clients. You can also use the arp command. From a dos prompt type 'arp -a ipaddr' from another computer on your network, for example if you Lenovo's address is 192.168.1.100, type 'arp -a 192.168.1.100'

Mac address filtering as a security measure is, in my opinion, overrated. Just skip it and use a strong key and WPA

floridabums said: It should show up with the ipconfig /all. Only the tunnel adapters should show as all 0's.

If you are using DHCP on your router, it should list the MAC address for all of the DHCP clients. You can also use the arp command. From a dos prompt type 'arp -a ipaddr' from another computer on your network, for example if you Lenovo's address is 192.168.1.100, type 'arp -a 192.168.1.100'

I only have a desktop hook up to a wired cable internet so can't use arp cmd. How do I look for mac address for all the DHCP clients when no other laptop is connected to this router? Laptop is not connected to the desktop nor the router. I'm trying to put this laptop into router
access list. Even if I put on WPA protected, I can't even get in with the correct passphrase.
Lenovo laptop can see SSID but can't get in.

thanks.

ellory said: Mac address filtering as a security measure is, in my opinion, overrated. Just skip it and use a strong key and WPA

I tried using WPA protected but still laptop can't get in with the correct passphrase.

Thanks.

If you don't have MAC filtering turned on, then your problem is with the security type or passphrase
If you do have MAC filtering turned on, then turn it off

Check the settings in the router. Since you have different manufacturers, they probably use different terminology. One may call it a "key" while the other uses "passphrase". Sometimes these are not one in the same. For example, some routers use the passphrase to generate an actual key. Check to see if one or the other lets you toggle between settings. Then try a very simple phrase and try to get that working before moving to something more complex.

In addition, some only support 63 characters, other 64.

Make sure your wireless config utility is the most recent version. And to eliminate other problems, for test purposes, connect without security

Thanks everyone who responds.

I will try all your advices.
If it doesn't work I will call Netgear.

Don't you have a sticker on the bottom of our machine with the MAC address? Every laptop I've ever encountered, even a few Lenovo always had a sticker with the address.

Call Lenovo again, the answer support gave you is complete BS. It is possible Lenovo messed up and failed to program a unique MAC address. If this is the case, you may need your systemboard replaced.

I have a Lenovo and there is a small white label with black print showing the MAC address.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014