• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
The free Kaspersky Lab Software linked below seems to be the ONLY means currently available that will fix the virus problem that causes Google navigation to be hijacked and send you to different (corrupt) websites. It is a small, fast, simple to run program free from Kaspersky Lab.

You don't even have to install it, just unzip the compressed file, run it and follow the instructions. Your computer will reboot and HOORAY! this most vicious virus I've ever dealt with is gone! Just download TDSSKiller.zip from the following page and extract and then run it. (You may scan it with antivirus programs first but it's clean directly from Kaspersky's website) Thank you Kaspersky!

Please share this solution anywhere you can so others don't have to suffer from this brand new Critical Zero-Day" CVE-2010-0249 Virus! I was able to establish my attack used Adobe and Java so I'm quite sure it's this virus.

FREE Kaspersky TDSSKiller Software Download Link

Note: If other Malware or Virus were also sent along with this one, you will need to run standard Antivirus Programs (AVG Free, etc) to clean up any other infection problems. I had to use other antivirus programs to get rid of part of it. Sorry, I forgot which ones as there are so many I used.

I don't know if this belongs here as it's free software but to those with a computer infected with this horrible virus it's a VERY HOT DEAL!

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks, this should prove helpful for many. However, I just tried it and was disappointed to find it "doesn't support X64 operating systems."

not a hot deal... belongs here... and its misinformation besides Fatwallet Help Guides

cheepdate25 said: ... and its misinformation besidesCould you expound?

Misinformation because 1) the google redirect was a 2008 problem 2) there are multiple solutions and the biggest reason... its not a hot deal as this isn't a forum for virus info. I linked to the proper forum if you want to discuss in detail.

edit.... just a little more info... For people with a problem you need to determine what your issue is. If you are encouraged to use TDSSKiller.exe be sure you are using it for the RIGHT reasons. There are good reasons to use this... but do NOT just go and run it. This isn't just a little wimpy program that can fix your computer. This is a very powerful little application that many people have severe problems with.

Best advice if your PC has problems... look thru the sticky posted above to resolving pc problems, then go to one of the sites (I like help2go.com ) and work with very knowledgeable people that can help.

This isn't about the 2008 Google exploit but a brand new very serious virus that is designed to attack 34 major companies and is described as a "highly sophisticated and coodinated attack" rated "critical". Read about it at the following links: New 1-15-10 Virus

More about "Critical Zero-Day" CVE-2010-0249 Virus

When one is down to re-installation as their last resort, using this program makes sense. I spent the last 4 days trying to eliminate this beast and only finally got it out today. I know I would have really appreciated the information 4 days ago so I'm just trying to help. Even "experts" are having trouble with it. It's a very serious threat. I'm quite sure I got mine from a banner ad popup at Yahoo if you can believe it. Be careful out there.

BitDefender discovers zero-day exploits on Internet Explorer and Adobe Reader with the IE vulnerability already having been exploited in large scale cyber-attacks

I don't see what the big deal is about running this. It's just a simple command-line virus removal utility. If you have it, you'll want to run this rather than keeping the virus in your computer. If you don't have the virus, it won't do anything. Standard backup-before-running comments apply but we're not playing with uranium here.

You are right. It is not a big deal to run the utility if you have the problem. Fairly certain Malwarebytes and probably others scanners do not even detect the hijack.

Props to the original poster I have spent 3 days looking for the answer to this on all the various boards downloading every spyware program known to man without any luck until I went down the google results and found this posting. Thanks a million... This is a very active virus making it's way around it's just getting going and this saved me.

I used Hitman Pro to remove the (new) Google Redirect Virus it can be found here: Hitman Pro website
It scans fast and removes fast Its my favorite malware scanner.

Excellent! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS FIX! QUICK EASY AND DOES THE JOB!!!

Excellent! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS FIX! QUICK EASY AND DOES THE JOB!!!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014