Looking for Hilton coupon/corporate code

Archived From: Travel Discussion
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Hello everyone,

I have to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn or Hilton homewood suites in 2 weeks. I was wondering if anyone has a coupon or corporate code I could use to get a better deal. Everything I tried on Retailmenot did not work.

thanx in advance,

jc

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

To the best of my knowledge, there are no coupons from Hilton.

There are special rates for Hilton HHonors members, depending on your level.

If you find a corporate code somewhere, it is my experience that Hilton properties will ask you for ID.

Your best bet is AAA rate, only if you can produce proof of membership.

Otherwise, go to the Hilton website and pull up the property you want. Part way down the page, you should see a tab that says "Hotel Specials."

This is not the tab at the top that says "Specials and Packages"

Click on the "Hotel Specials" link and you can frequently get some excellent rates.

I agree, yesnick.

I have been a Hilton Hhonors Diamond VIP for several years, and there are no generic discount codes.

Most properties offer 5% - 10% online with AAA, AARP. There ae typically discounts if you prepay in advance - nonrefundable.

Best bet is to ask your local contact if they have a corporate code with the specific property, which may or may not be valid online. You can also call the propery drect and try to negotiate a better price.

Use the MVP corporate code. The corporate ID for MVP rates is 0041604 (Hilton and Hilton Garden Inn) and 560041604 (double tree, embassy suites, homewood suites and hampton inn). All you have to be is a Hilton HHonors member.

SafetyDance said: Use the MVP corporate code. The corporate ID for MVP rates is 0041604 (Hilton and Hilton Garden Inn) and 560041604 (double tree, embassy suites, homewood suites and hampton inn). All you have to be is a Hilton HHonors member.Not so simple.

You may get burned trying this and end up paying rack rate.

This is what you get when you try to book homewood suites with this code:

Special Rate. Press Credentials are required at check in.


I called a few Hilton properties and told them I was given the code by a CSR and wanted to confirm that all I needed was an Hhonors card.

I was told by two homewood suites properties that I need to present press credentials or I would be charged rack rate.

I was told by a Hampton that their MVP rate required proof of affiliation with a sports team plus an Hhonors card and that if I did not provide proper credentials I would be charged rack rate.

Maybe you will get lucky and get away with it, but no way am I going to mess with this and take a chance on getting stuck paying rack rate.

The MVP codes are widely used by flyertalk followers, and I have used them as well. I've never heard of anyone being asked for any form of ID.

You can also google "Hilton MVP" and book through the landing pages which also gives you the opportunity to become a Gold VIP with four stays in 90 days.

BrlDsguise said: The MVP codes are widely used by flyertalk followers, and I have used them as well. I've never heard of anyone being asked for any form of ID.

You can also google "Hilton MVP" and book through the landing pages which also gives you the opportunity to become a Gold VIP with four stays in 90 days.
Thanks for posting your experiences.

However I am going to pass on using these rates.

To me, your advice is like telling people it's OK to drive as fast as you want since almost nobody gets caught.

Well, I just got a very expensive ticket for going 10 miles over the limit.

Based on my personal experience, I will not take the risk.

FWers will have to evaluate the risk and decide for themselves.

Redrocket2010 said: BrlDsguise said: The MVP codes are widely used by flyertalk followers, and I have used them as well. I've never heard of anyone being asked for any form of ID.

You can also google "Hilton MVP" and book through the landing pages which also gives you the opportunity to become a Gold VIP with four stays in 90 days.
Thanks for posting your experiences.

However I am going to pass on using these rates.

To me, your advice is like telling people it's OK to drive as fast as you want since almost nobody gets caught.

Well, I just got a very expensive ticket for going 10 miles over the limit.

Based on my personal experience, I will not take the risk.

FWers will have to evaluate the risk and decide for themselves.


You probably shouldn't have called and asked if it would be ok to speed through town first...........

BrlDsguise said: Redrocket2010 said: BrlDsguise said: The MVP codes are widely used by flyertalk followers, and I have used them as well. I've never heard of anyone being asked for any form of ID.

You can also google "Hilton MVP" and book through the landing pages which also gives you the opportunity to become a Gold VIP with four stays in 90 days.
Thanks for posting your experiences.

However I am going to pass on using these rates.

To me, your advice is like telling people it's OK to drive as fast as you want since almost nobody gets caught.

Well, I just got a very expensive ticket for going 10 miles over the limit.

Based on my personal experience, I will not take the risk.

FWers will have to evaluate the risk and decide for themselves.

You probably shouldn't have called and asked if it would be ok to speed through town first...........


I'll remember that - I will e-mail the Chief of Police instead, or better yet send him a FEDEX letter.

Likewise you probably shouldn't have advised people to try to use a rate that requires press credentials!!!!

Redrocket2010 said:

I'll remember that - I will e-mail the Chief of Police instead, or better yet send him a FEDEX letter.

Likewise you probably shouldn't have advised people to try to use a rate that requires press credentials!!!!



just used the MVP code and got a great rate, so thanks, and after my stay I asked the manager about the code and who it was for and when it would be available again, he told me "it's always available, it's just an internet rate for HHonors"

and rocket, your response didn't make any sense

buxbuster said: Redrocket2010 said:

I'll remember that - I will e-mail the Chief of Police instead, or better yet send him a FEDEX letter.

Likewise you probably shouldn't have advised people to try to use a rate that requires press credentials!!!!



just used the MVP code and got a great rate, so thanks, and after my stay I asked the manager about the code and who it was for and when it would be available again, he told me "it's always available, it's just an internet rate for HHonors"

and rocket, your response didn't make any sense
Check a homewood suites rate for MVP and click on the rate details.

It clearly says that Press Credentials are required. What about that don't you understand?

Using that rate is like driving 85 in a 55 zone. You can usually get away with it, but when you get caught, you're screwed.

Do what you want, it doesn't matter to me. I'm just trying to help people based on my experience.

Redrocket2010 said: buxbuster said: Redrocket2010 said:

I'll remember that - I will e-mail the Chief of Police instead, or better yet send him a FEDEX letter.

Likewise you probably shouldn't have advised people to try to use a rate that requires press credentials!!!!



just used the MVP code and got a great rate, so thanks, and after my stay I asked the manager about the code and who it was for and when it would be available again, he told me "it's always available, it's just an internet rate for HHonors"

and rocket, your response didn't make any sense
Check a homewood suites rate for MVP and click on the rate details.

It clearly says that Press Credentials are required. What about that don't you understand?

Using that rate is like driving 85 in a 55 zone. You can usually get away with it, but when you get caught, you're screwed.

Do what you want, it doesn't matter to me. I'm just trying to help people based on my experience.
Thanks for the information RedRocket!

I did exactly what you said for homewood suites and sure enough it says Special Rate. Press Credentials are required at check in.

I like your analogy.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014