• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
link

Earn 750 Award Miles with United Mileage Plus*Just for Joining MyPoints

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
  • Also categorized in:

You have to do more than just join.....

* Clicking Join MyPoints indicates you have read and agree to our terms of service and privacy policy. Check your inbox for details on completing your registration as well as other great offers from MyPoints. After 30 days of active MyPoints membership, you will qualify for your 750 Mileage Plus bonus award miles.

I got an email today from United about this, and it only offered me 500 points to join MyPoints.

I joined MyPoints 3 years ago to take advantage of some other kind of offer, so I might not get a new bonus anyway if I tried to join now, since I'm a past member.

I found it to be annoying, and quit it as soon as I could.

Got internal error after verifying the account. just me?

I was able to successfully register and active my profile with MyPoints....got some 60 points (just to be sure these are points from MyPoints and not yet from United's Mileage Plus).....I think it's a wait now for 30 days before I can see United's points into my Mileage Plus account....!

Thanks OP for what ever it's worth!

Here are the terms:
*Offer valid for recipients of this mailing only. To qualify for the offer, members must enroll in MyPoints and confirm their email address. Once confirmed you must remain a MyPoints member for a minimum of 30 days. Bonus miles will post 6 - 8 weeks after 30 days of MyPoints membership. Not combinable with other offers. Bonus miles and miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward elite status. Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply. You've received this email because you registered for a MyPoints account. If you no longer wish to participate in the MyPoints program you can close your account.
1997-2008 MyPoints.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
525 Market St., 34th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105

Thanks OP, I registered and will wait the 30 days, but if the first few promo e-mails don't interest me (which is common), then off to the spam filter it goes -- 10 seconds for 750 miles - not bad

Anyone get their points yet??? Not I.

DelCheapo said: Anyone get their points yet??? Not I.

Yep - on 2 accounts.

Just curious how long it took to post? Thx.

Still waiting for points on 2 of my family accounts. Any tips on how to get these?

Has anyone received the miles? It's about time according to my records.

It seems like it will be a bumpy ride to get these 750 UA miles. I contacted their CS and they started investigation. The good part is that they've been pretty responsive so far. The bad part is that I doubt anyone will get the miles without investing their time into this matter.

Yoksel said:   Has anyone received the miles? It's about time according to my records.

I received mine. Have you looked at your MP activity for the date you joined. I joined on Oct 18th. I just went back and did a search under the My Activity link at MP from the date when I joined mypoints.com, and it shows up. I'm not sure how long it took to actually post to my account though.

Summary of my online MP account activity for the date I joined:

Oct. 18, 2010 750 MILE MYPOINTS BONUS

Added: Did you complete the registration process as pointed out in post #2 of this thread?

Will the MYPOINTS bonus miles count towards the account activity needed to keep mileage plus point balance from expiring?

I still haven't got the points and neither has my wife.
Same thing with the UA 1000 miles e-mail sign-up promo.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014