• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Updated - Jan. 22, 2012

http://www.cflticketxchange.com/

Here is the story:

I am going to Orlando from Los Angeles on a vacation with my dad. Long story short, we want to go to DisneyWorld and Universal Studios IoA. I came across this site on craigslist and they sell tickets about 40% off retail which is the average CL seller (except this is a "company" and not a person). They say its not a time share or ticket broker, but they just buy tickets in bulk and can sell it for cheap.

Part that worries me:
To buy tickets, you must call them and buy tickets over the phone (no online ordering) and they ONLY accept greendot card which is a prepaid giftcard basically that you buy from your local WalMart/Walgreens etc... Once you pay for it giving your prepaid card number, they email you a confirmation with your tickets that you pick up at will call at the park.

So my question is, is this site legit or should I stay away? I tried researching the site for fraud sales or happy customers but I came up empty handed. Is it worth the risk to try it out if I find no feedback? I would be saving about $400 which is a lot for this trip. I don't really trust meeting with people because on CL, there are a lot of fraud reports from other users.

Anyone have any suggestions?

EDIT: UPDATE 1-22-12

Ok, I am not back in Los Angeles from an amazing trip. This is how I saved money at the parks just in case you wanted the best price tickets....

Pirate Dinner Show
This one I thought I got a bargain by getting $15 off each adult ticket and getting BOGO free drink coupons by going to my hotels ticket booth and sweet talking my way into getting a lower price. I then found UCT had it for $20 off face value but no drink coupons so I call it a wash there. Show was alright, more for children IMO because they grab kids from the audience to help with a lot of the show and go on stage. No amazing stunts or acrobats or even choreography that was good. Food that was included was so so. You don't get to chose, they give you salad/soup, rice chicken and pork. We got to take pictures with the cast though afterwards which was fun.

WonderWorks Museum
We got these tickets also from my hotel which was $22 per person plus 10 free tokens plus 1 free glow in the dark maze coupon which saved us about $10 each. Retail is $25 just for entry and about $7 for the maze. This place is a must see for all ages. They have many hands on activities to do and see. Really fun time, and bring a camera here! I couldn't find any better deals but was told AAA office might have it for $15 but we didn't want to drive all the way there on a gamble.

Disney World
I bought these tickets by driving to the Kissimmee Florida Hospital and going to their gift shop at 9:30am (they open at 9am). I was told that they receive Disney World 1 day base tickets once in a while and gift them out if you make a $70 donation or greater but they sell FAST. I called at 9am and they said they got a batch in but won't last until 10am so we drove their and arrived by 9:30am. We donated $300 and got 4 tickets. No tax or anything here, could've done it for $280 if I wanted. They give you hard tickets here that state on the tickets they are from the hospital and good for 1 day (NO UPGRADES ALLOWED AT PARK). But we didn't want park hoppers anyways...

Universal
The cheapest way I found these tickets were by going to guest relations and letting them know my dad has trouble walking (he is 65 and had some surgeries) and they gave us a 15% discount on the tickets we bought. They stated that they do this for any handicapped or disability person or group (no proof was required but I don't know if we just got a nice girl or not). 15% off was cheaper than any broker I saw online including undercovertourist (UCT). Now, I am not saying go lie to them and make something up, but if you legitimately have someone with any type of disability, then they should honor it up to 6 people in the group. Inside the park, AAA card came in handy and got us 10% off everything we bought.

My mini review coming from Disneyland/Universal in CA... (skip this if you care only about prices and savings)
First, just a little about me so you know where I am coming from. I am a 25 year old male who enjoys rides as well as shows and loves theme park hopping. I will try to be as unbiased as possible. I do enjoy extreme coasters (like Magic and Knotts) as well as detailed, theme rides (Disney or universal). I go to Disneyland about 3-4 times a year, Universal about 3-4 times a year in CA.

Animal Kingdom - Much like the LA zoo, its a giant zoo with a few rides. If you are a ride enthusiast, skip this park. The 3 decent rides they had were Everest, Dinosaur and a safari ride.
Everest is EXACTLY like "The Mummy" ride at universal studios, except duller. A very short roller coaster ride that you go forwards on, then backwards for a few drops. This is suppose to be their "big" main ride. Or you can compare it to Matterhorn in Disney, but 1/8th of the track time and a short backwards part. Has the same Yeti snow mountain theme.
Dinosaur was a bit better for me. This is basically Indiana Jones except with a dinosaur theme and shorter as well (all the rides are sooo short!!). You sit in a jeep like Indy and go trying to find a dinosaur while the jeep is taking you on bumps and sharp turns. No spears get thrown at you though and no steep drops under a boulder.
Safari ride is an enjoyable family ride that takes you out on the back side of the park through their little "Africa" while the tour guide points out animals and facts. This is very similar to the tram ride at universal except instead of Hollywood sets, you are looking at animals. My tour guide sucked unfortunately and was driving fast so pictures were hard (we caught up to the tram in front of us while no tram was behind us). And he was not delivering his lines well (which is understandable, its a hit or miss at any park).
I did go on ALL the rides, but I am not gonna waste my time riding about the others.
The shows, on the other hand, were AMAZING. 2 big shows, Finding Nemo the musical and Lion King were both great! The only thing in CA that I can compare these to would be the Aladdin show in California Adventure. Finding Nemo I enjoyed much more, I would have actually PAID to see this, about $40 I would say. Its a full set, full production show about 40 minutes long. I have never seen the movie, but this show was still amazing. Its people holding full size props while singing and controlling them. After a while, you don't even notice the people, but focused on the props! Lion King was also great and funny. They sing all the traditional songs from the movie (which I loved when I was a kid) so it really brought back memories. Lion King is performed in the center of the room so you sit in a circle around it, no bad seat in the house.

Animal Kingdom, although was disappointed in the rides, made up with it in the shows.

Epcot
I won't go into detail on the rides here because most overlap with Diseyland/CA (soarin, test track, american adventure, captain EO). I skipped all those because I assume they were the same. The new rides were also great and wish they brought some to the west coast. Spaceship Earth and Mission space were both really fun and unique rides. This park is a solid B+ overall. They have a good variety of rides and great photo moments and food from all parts of the world as well as buildings in the little "countries" they created. What I enjoyed most and also found most interesting is the workers! They actually fly over people from their native countries and pay them to live and work there for a year! I had a chat with one of the girls who they brought from Morocco and she said they flew her out to just talk and be there. Each country has workers to make it more real. All the food was great too! I recommend you eat as little as possible to try all the variety of foods they offer from the different parts of the world. The only thing this park lacked was shows which I can't blame them. They fit so much into an already big park which is tough to do in one day.

Universal - Islands of Adventure

By far, the BEST theme park I have EVER been to. I wish they had IoA in CA. Each ride there is so unique and unlike anything else. I don't want to write to much because this isn't my blog and none of you probably care, but the 2 best rides I have ever been on are Spider-Man and Harry Potters Hogwarts castle. I would like to meet the geniuses who designed these rides.
Spiderman is a 3D moving ride that includes not only a 3D movie, but real props as your car moves through the track. I thought it was going to be like Simpsons the ride (stationary 3D ride that just moves the car on a fixed spot). But no, this ride takes you through an entire rollercoaster style ride while involving fire, water, smoke and taking you through an adventure.

I thought it couldn't get any better but then I sat on Harry Potter! Oh boy, this is similar to Spiderman but version 2.0! Although no 3D, it takes you flying through the air also involving movie screens in spots as though you are flying in the air while playing quidditch, and then taking you through real props as you fly away from demontors, dragons, the whompping willow! I can not describe the thrill these rides brought when I thought the best thrills I got were from my previous favorite rides (Riddlers Revenge and Goliath at Magic Mountain). But these rides, although not intense roller coasters, brought more joy and more thrill in me than any other ride. I can ride these multiple times (in fact, I did ride each twice).

The Hulk was their intense roller coaster, and although not as big or scary as Magic Mountains, did provide that feeling of fear when it shoots you at the start going upwards (which is similar to Superman at MM). Also got to give a shout out to the other rides, Ripsaw Falls (this puts splash mountain to shame!) and Pop Eye and Blutos water ride (this also puts roaring rapids and bigfoot waters to shame!) The rides at universal were just other rides I've been on but on steriods! BRING SPARE CLOTHES OR A PANCHO IF YOU GO ON THE POP EYE RIDE AND TAKE YOUR SHOES AND SOCKS OFF!!!! You will get drenched no matter where you sit.

Anyways, had a blast!

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
this is easily the most appropriate for Fatwallet Travel post of late. All the REDDERS should instantly convert into goo... (more)

SinglePapa (Jan. 22, 2012 @ 1:04p) |

Excellent, detailed update to the original post! Thanks for following up on the original post with what you found. I wis... (more)

WideOpenSpaces (Jan. 23, 2012 @ 10:03a) |

It happens rarely indeed. Mainly due to lack of hot tips within topics. Here, despite a dozen of Senior Members particip... (more)

SinglePapa (Jan. 23, 2012 @ 1:37p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I'd run away from this seller tres vite.

typical scam. welcome to 2001

here's another option

Disney Ticket Program

Our Disney Tickets Gift Program

Your kind donation to the Walt Disney Pavilion at Florida Hospital for Children gives a child hope and health for a lifetime. By making a donation at one of the giving levels below, you can also receive a very magical gift in return.

$85 Donation
Donate at this level and receive a One Day, One Park ticket to Walt Disney World® Theme Parks and a $15 certificate to Niki Bryan Spas.

$165 Donation
Give at this level and you will receive 2 One Day, One Park tickets to Walt Disney World® Theme Parks, a $20 gift certificate to Planet Hollywood Orlando, a $15 certificate to Niki Bryan Spas, and a certificate to the Richard Petty Driving Experience.

$330 Donation
With a donation of $330 you receive 4 One Day, One Park tickets to Walt Disney World® Theme Parks, a $40 gift certificate to Planet Hollywood Orlando, a $50 certificate to Niki Bryan Spas, and a certificate to the Richard Petty Driving Experience.

$820 Donation
For this level of giving you get 10 One Day, One Park tickets to Walt Disney World® Theme Parks, $80 in gift certificates to Planet Hollywood Orlando, two $50 certificates to Niki Bryan Spas, and two certificates to the Richard Petty Driving Experience.

$1,090 Donation
For your extremely generous donation of $1,090, you receive 8 One Day, Park Hopper® Tickets to Walt Disney World® Theme Parks, $100 in gift certificates to Planet Hollywood Orlando, two $50 certificates to Niki Bryan Spas, and two certificates to the Richard Petty Driving Experience.

Make your donation now!

Please contact the Florida Hospital Foundation for more details at 407-303-2784. Calls received during the weekend or after business hours will be returned on the next business day. Office hours are Monday through Thursday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm and Friday from 8:00 am to 2:30 pm.

Tickets to Walt Disney World® Theme Parks are for one day, one park only, except for those tickets at the $1,090 level, which are one day, Park Hopper® tickets. Participating parks include the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. Tickets are not eligible for upgrades and have expiration dates. Not valid with any other offers.

lynnfitz5 said:   here's another option

Disney Ticket Program

Your kind donation to the Walt Disney Pavilion at Florida Hospital for Children gives a child hope and health for a lifetime. By making a donation at one of the giving levels below, you can also receive a very magical gift in return.

$85 Donation
Donate at this level and receive a One Day, One Park ticket to Walt Disney World® Theme Parks and a $15 certificate to Niki Bryan Spas.

$165 Donation
Give at this level and you will receive 2 One Day, One Park tickets to Walt Disney World® Theme Parks, a $20 gift certificate to Planet Hollywood Orlando, a $15 certificate to Niki Bryan Spas, and a certificate to the Richard Petty Driving Experience.

$330 Donation
With a donation of $330 you receive 4 One Day, One Park tickets to Walt Disney World® Theme Parks, a $40 gift certificate to Planet Hollywood Orlando, a $50 certificate to Niki Bryan Spas, and a certificate to the Richard Petty Driving Experience.

$820 Donation
For this level of giving you get 10 One Day, One Park tickets to Walt Disney World® Theme Parks, $80 in gift certificates to Planet Hollywood Orlando, two $50 certificates to Niki Bryan Spas, and two certificates to the Richard Petty Driving Experience.

$1,090 Donation
For your extremely generous donation of $1,090, you receive 8 One Day, Park Hopper® Tickets to Walt Disney World® Theme Parks, $100 in gift certificates to Planet Hollywood Orlando, two $50 certificates to Niki Bryan Spas, and two certificates to the Richard Petty Driving Experience.

Make your donation now!

Please contact the Florida Hospital Foundation for more details at 407-303-2784. Calls received during the weekend or after business hours will be returned on the next business day. Office hours are Monday through Thursday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm and Friday from 8:00 am to 2:30 pm.

Tickets to Walt Disney World® Theme Parks are for one day, one park only, except for those tickets at the $1,090 level, which are one day, Park Hopper® tickets. Participating parks include the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. Tickets are not eligible for upgrades and have expiration dates. Not valid with any other offers.

Couldn't you write this off your taxes as well?

alamo11 said:   Couldn't you write this off your taxes as well?

When you receive something in return If your contribution entitles you to receive merchandise, goods, or services in return – such as admission to a charity banquet or sporting event or tickets to Disney – you can deduct only the amount that exceeds the fair market value of the benefit received.

So, the answer is only the part that is above the value of the tickets themselves.

OP's find is more interesting than hospital/UndercoverTourist, which amount to 5% discount. Prepaying 95% of the price is more of a "premium" than a "discount".

A scatchy seller shouldn't be dismissed based solely on the fact of not operating website, or not wanting to be subjected to Credit Card chargebacks. OP is rightfully hoping to uncover first-hand information; but another caveat emptor is that even if someone had succeeded with this seller before - past performance is not a guarantee of future result. So keep working OP, and do let us know of whatever you discover!

lynnfitz5 said:   here's another option

Disney Ticket Program

Are you saying that this is a scam too or this donation is legit?

Edit: nvm, read the site. Only thing is it comes out to about $82 a ticket and gift cards I will not use which is the same price as retail park tix

The part that sounds most sketchy to me is that you pick up the tickets at the park. Why would Disney sell tickets to a company at a huge discount and then let customers pick them up at their ticket booth; when they could sell them to you at full price?

As far as I know Disney doesn't sell bulk tickets at a significant discount to anyone; but you also might want to pose this question over at DisBoards.

can't say "to anyone". Westgate gets their tix at significant discount, and so may a lot of operators.

One thing I would caution against is putting DIS corporation on pedestal and kneel to it. I love WDW facilities, but it doesn't mean every true saver has to pay all of their posted prices for tix, parking, food, merchandise, lodging, cruises, etc. Save whatever you can any way you can - they still end up with exorbitant executive compensation and annual dividends to shareholders. And our big biz is Fatwallet living

Clearly a scam.

The Florida parks sell bulk tickets at a discount of 3 to 8%.

NOBODY can afford to sell tickets for that price (let alone make a profit) unless you do something like a timeshare pitch.

These scams prey upon stupid people who don't use common sense.

You were smart to question the deal that is clearly too good to be true.

The registration information for their website is below.

Some things to note:

Registered in Bermuda?

Website just created 3 days ago?

Same group that registered this website is also listed as being scam artists via other websites registered at the same address - see Other scams

Put it all together and it is, indeed, too good to be true.

Registrant:
VistaPrint Technologies Ltd
Canon's Court
22 Victoria Street
Hamilton, HM12
BM

Domain name: CFLTICKETXCHANGE.COM

Administrative Contact:
Administrator, Domain csadmin@VistaPrint.com
95 Hayden Avenue
Lexington, MA 02421
US
+1.7816526199 Fax: +1.7816526096

Technical Contact:
Administrator, Domain csadmin@VistaPrint.com
95 Hayden Ave.
Lexington, MA 02421
US
+1.7816526199 Fax: +1.7816526096

Registration Service Provider:
VistaPrint, csadmin@VistaPrint.com
866-811-1674

Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
Record last updated on 12-Jan-2012.
Record expires on 12-Jan-2013.
Record created on 12-Jan-2012.

Registrar Domain Name Help Center:
http://tucowsdomains.com

Domain servers in listed order:
ns4.vpweb.com
ns2.vpweb.com
ns3.vpweb.com

Domain status: clientTransferProhibited
clientUpdateProhibited

The Data in the Tucows Registrar WHOIS database is provided to you by Tucows
for information purposes only, and may be used to assist you in obtaining
information about or related to a domain name's registration record.

Tucows makes this information available "as is," and does not guarantee its
accuracy.

By submitting a WHOIS query, you agree that you will use this data only for
lawful purposes and that, under no circumstances will you use this data to:
a) allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission by e-mail,
telephone, or facsimile of mass, unsolicited, commercial advertising or
solicitations to entities other than the data recipient's own existing
customers; or (b) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes that
send queries or data to the systems of any Registry Operator or
ICANN-Accredited registrar, except as reasonably necessary to register
domain names or modify existing registrations.

The compilation, repackaging, dissemination or other use of this Data is
expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Tucows.

Tucows reserves the right to terminate your access to the Tucows WHOIS
database in its sole discretion, including without limitation, for excessive
querying of the WHOIS database or for failure to otherwise abide by this
policy.

Tucows reserves the right to modify these terms at any time.

By submitting this query, you agree to abide by these terms.

NOTE: THE WHOIS DATABASE IS A CONTACT DATABASE ONLY. LACK OF A DOMAIN
RECORD DOES NOT SIGNIFY DOMAIN AVAILABILITY.

Everything above is correct; but please stop using "too good to be true". This is not appropriate M.O. for Fatwallet forums, where we're only interested in discoveries that appear too good to be true.

as far as "Florida parks sell bulk tickets at a discount of 3 to 8%." Maybe WDW, but certainly not other FL parks. Last summer's example: I was spending over 2 weeks with the kids, and decided to take Wet'N'Wild up on the offer "pay for 1 day - stay 14 days!". So Westgate booth facing Wet'N'Wild entrance charged me $42 for voucher redeemable across the street for $53 ticket. Took me 1min. to save 20%; and $42 was well worth 14-day use. In the heat of summer, we enjoyed it all the way. But if I really wanted to, I had a lot of $20 bids from people wanting to use the last few days

When you get offered a deal that's too good to be true, hang on to your wallet and run!

Most likely, when you give them your debit card number, they will clean out the balance of whatever you put on the card. Debit cards don't offer the same safeguards that credit cards offer and the Green Dot card does not protect you in the case of merchant disputes, like most credit cards do.

Unfortunately, unlike the OP, some people are so greedy and foolish that they don't stop to think that the deal is not realistic.

I live 35 minutes from Disney World. Unfortunately, there are no great bargains to be had to save on entrance fees for Disney. Many, many scammers take advantage of people trying to save money. Beware!

Florida residents used to get random free tickets to Universal Studios, and I think we still get discounted tickets to Disney Parks. But you will never get that good of a deal. RUN!!!

Check eBay see if you find an 95%+ + 100 sales Sellers with a deal otherwise just say no.

megamands said:   lynnfitz5 said:   here's another option

Disney Ticket Program

Are you saying that this is a scam too or this donation is legit?

Edit: nvm, read the site. Only thing is it comes out to about $82 a ticket and gift cards I will not use which is the same price as retail park tix

The fact is, you might be able to score cheap tickets on Craigslist or E-Bay. But, it's always buyer beware. There is no way to know if they were previously used or counterfeited. Your other choice is to sit through a 3-4 hour sales pitch and you might get them for free.

The tickets, the hospital are selling, were donated to them by Disney and other local businesses. I don't think they have to be pre-purchased. You can usually pick them up at the hospital which is a short drive from Disney World. At least, by buying the tickets from the children's hospital, the money is going for a good cause.

Good luck.

Here's a good article that describes this type of fraud....

Link

The BBB offers the following advice for consumers making online purchases:

Beware of any offers that do not accept credit cards and ask you to purchase a MoneyPak and provide a MoneyPak number in an e-mail or over the phone.

Reloadable cash cards like Green Dot MoneyPak and other methods of cash transfers like MoneyGram and Western Union should never be used to send money to anyone you do not know. These types of payments are virtually impossible to trace, and there is a good chance you will lose your money.

Thanks for all your help guys, I went ahead and just bought from Disney World. I don't understand the red though, I would want others to see this thread to help them as well and rating it red would just make other users not want to read it. But thanks for looking into it and helping.

yep megamands, the M.O. of Travel sub-forum remains somewhat counter-productive. The only actual savings tip within this topic (20% off in 60 seconds, 60 feet from park's window) was made total mockery off. The result: you didn't follow thru with the idea and ended up purchasing from the park, while EVERY SINGLE AGENT IN ORLANDO beats park's price. Some by more than the others. Westgate was an example of an operator getting bulk discounts. It's like with hotels: nice hotels (just like a park) will not announce discounted price to retail customers; but will sell to re-sellers (Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz + dozen others at discount. Re-seller may pass the entire savings to you, as a loss-leader.

I hate Westgate's guts and would not deal with any of their property affairs. Their owner is one of the shrewdest operators in Orlando (and not only Orlando), and his deal with the parks certainly beats most others. Some of their agent booths have as high as a BOGO discount to some parks: it varies by season + inventory fluctuations + your aptitude to drive a bargain. But they by no means are alone: again, I haven't spoken to one person on the ground in Orlando who wasn't able to discount park entry, one way or another...

You may still be able to save yourself some money, although you fell into this sub-forum's trap and committed the ultimate FatWalleter sin: PRE-PAID full price! There are independent brokers (they operate own booths and do not have any exclusive obligation to Westgate/other), who will tell you, in advance of your first entrance into a park, how much they will pay you for tickets, after you're done using them - if you only add certain number (likely the maximum allowed) of days before your first entrance. It may only cost you, say, $40 to add - but they will pay you $100 to buy the remaining days from you. I have no idea of exact figures; what I do understand conceptually is what they want from you: original receipts, nice ticket condition, chronicle of usage. Armed with this, next user can easily enjoy the number of days left on the ticket

SinglePapa said:   yep megamands, the M.O. of Travel sub-forum remains somewhat counter-productive. The only actual savings tip within this topic (20% off in 60 seconds, 60 feet from park's window) was made total mockery off. The result: you didn't follow thru with the idea and ended up purchasing from the park, while EVERY SINGLE AGENT IN ORLANDO beats park's price. Some by more than the others. Westgate was an example of an operator getting bulk discounts. It's like with hotels: nice hotels (just like a park) will not announce discounted price to retail customers; but will sell to re-sellers (Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz + dozen others at discount. Re-seller may pass the entire savings to you, as a loss-leader.

I hate Westgate's guts and would not deal with any of their property affairs. Their owner is one of the shrewdest operators in Orlando (and not only Orlando), and his deal with the parks certainly beats most others. Some of their agent booths have as high as a BOGO discount to some parks: it varies by season + inventory fluctuations + your aptitude to drive a bargain. But they by no means are alone: again, I haven't spoken to one person on the ground in Orlando who wasn't able to discount park entry, one way or another...

You may still be able to save yourself some money, although you fell into this sub-forum's trap and committed the ultimate FatWalleter sin: PRE-PAID full price! There are independent brokers (they operate own booths and do not have any exclusive obligation to Westgate/other), who will tell you, in advance of your first entrance into a park, how much they will pay you for tickets, after you're done using them - if you only add certain number (likely the maximum allowed) of days before your first entrance. It may only cost you, say, $40 to add - but they will pay you $100 to buy the remaining days from you. I have no idea of exact figures; what I do understand conceptually is what they want from you: original receipts, nice ticket condition, chronicle of usage. Armed with this, next user can easily enjoy the number of days left on the ticket
As many others have done, I have also placed this guy on my ignore list. However, sometimes I need a good laugh and I take a peek to watch him get on his soapbox and completely twist the discussion.

Yesterday he threw a hissy fit and posted a nasty, disgusting posting insulting everyone who gave him red and further insulting the posters that addressed OP's issues, instead of jumping on his post that didn't address OP's question about the fraudulent website. Apparently that post was deleted by the mods and he came back with this new post that no longer has the offensive language and insults.

It seems that Shakespeare has commented on his posts.....

Macbeth:

To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Macbeth Act 5, scene 5, 19–28

He's back on my ignore list so I don't have to see the next ridiculous rant that he will surely post.

there is nothing in above post about Fatwallet Travel.

OP was looking for park discounts. OP was basically encouraged NOT to look. This is present level of this sub-forum: very sad for people who choose Fatwallet over other, lo-impact travel forums

SinglePapa said:   ...Armed with this, next user can easily enjoy the number of days left on the ticket

I am not making a moral or ethical judgement, but for information's sake folks should be aware that purchasing unused days from a broker is in direct violation of Disney policy. The reasons for this should be obvious.

Caveat emptor.

u chose words carefully, used disclaimer. u r correct: we're on Fatwallet by choice. How could this sub-forum come to this end: that after a dozen of Senior Member posts into a park discount topic, the OP is encorauged to PREPAY FULL RETAIL TO A PARK??? When every agent in Orlando, who would sell him SAME ORIGINAL UNUSED tickets - would guarantee him a buy-back price, amounting to discount. u tell me: why r we on Fatwallet, as opposed to dozen other (and bigger) travel forums?

ok, now jaimelobo has an opinion. It would be good to hear; after all, we've had an entire dedicated topic on how bad this sub-forum has become

http://www.undercovertourist.com/orlando/attractions/tickets.htm...

This site is respected as a good way to get orlando tickets cheap. They have a refund policy too, I think you pay 5% return fee.

kriskos4 said:   http://www.undercovertourist.com/orlando/attractions/tickets.htm...

This site is respected as a good way to get orlando tickets cheap. They have a refund policy too, I think you pay 5% return fee.

I saw that but they don't offer 2 day disney tix and universal is more expensive on the site than at the gate with AAA. Thanks anyways! Coming back tomorrow

I'll join in thanking kriskos, as videos in the link can be useful.
But what was kriskos basis for using the term "cheap"? This is what's wrong with Travel sub-forum; try posting Undercover Tourist in Hot Deals. When will this hypocrisy end in Fatwallet Travel?

Other sub-forums strive and achieve 50-100% discounts on anything and everything. Sometimes, they walk away with goods/services + cash!!!!! And it's green all the way, even if good/service provider has erred, and got brutally exploited. This is Fatwallet. Only members posting in Travel - act like a Park/hotel/cruiseline emissary. Every advertized by Vendor special (no matter how misleading/self-serving) gets green all the way. Any hint to significantly cut cost is red, because it hasn't been approved by the profiteer-vendor. Get into profitable business with the Vendors and forever off Fatwallet, champions of Red! Stop posting personal attacks and start posting Hot Deals

Speedway said:   SinglePapa said:   yep megamands, the M.O. of Travel sub-forum remains somewhat counter-productive. The only actual savings tip within this topic (20% off in 60 seconds, 60 feet from park's window) was made total mockery off. The result: you didn't follow thru with the idea and ended up purchasing from the park, while EVERY SINGLE AGENT IN ORLANDO beats park's price. Some by more than the others. Westgate was an example of an operator getting bulk discounts. It's like with hotels: nice hotels (just like a park) will not announce discounted price to retail customers; but will sell to re-sellers (Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz + dozen others at discount. Re-seller may pass the entire savings to you, as a loss-leader.

As many others have done, I have also placed this guy on my ignore list. However, sometimes I need a good laugh and I take a peek to watch him get on his soapbox and completely twist the discussion.

Yesterday he threw a hissy fit and posted a nasty, disgusting posting insulting everyone who gave him red and further insulting the posters that addressed OP's issues, instead of jumping on his post that didn't address OP's question about the fraudulent website. Apparently that post was deleted by the mods and he came back with this new post that no longer has the offensive language and insults.

It seems that Shakespeare has commented on his posts.....

Macbeth:

To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Macbeth Act 5, scene 5, 19–28

He's back on my ignore list so I don't have to see the next ridiculous rant that he will surely post.

Unfortunately the idiot will continue to tell the tale full of sound and fury, twisting and corrupting each thread with tales of of unethical means to save money and to rant about his dislike for the establishment. He just can't resist thread crapping with his rants that have nothing to do with the topic.

topic is hot Orlando deals - lets hear some

Ok, I am not back in Los Angeles from an amazing trip. This is how I saved money at the parks just in case you wanted the best price tickets....

Pirate Dinner Show
This one I thought I got a bargain by getting $15 off each adult ticket and getting BOGO free drink coupons by going to my hotels ticket booth and sweet talking my way into getting a lower price. I then found UCT had it for $20 off face value but no drink coupons so I call it a wash there. Show was alright, more for children IMO because they grab kids from the audience to help with a lot of the show and go on stage. No amazing stunts or acrobats or even choreography that was good. Food that was included was so so. You don't get to chose, they give you salad/soup, rice chicken and pork. We got to take pictures with the cast though afterwards which was fun.

WonderWorks Museum
We got these tickets also from my hotel which was $22 per person plus 10 free tokens plus 1 free glow in the dark maze coupon which saved us about $10 each. Retail is $25 just for entry and about $7 for the maze. This place is a must see for all ages. They have many hands on activities to do and see. Really fun time, and bring a camera here! I couldn't find any better deals but was told AAA office might have it for $15 but we didn't want to drive all the way there on a gamble.

Disney World
I bought these tickets by driving to the Kissimmee Florida Hospital and going to their gift shop at 9:30am (they open at 9am). I was told that they receive Disney World 1 day base tickets once in a while and gift them out if you make a $70 donation or greater but they sell FAST. I called at 9am and they said they got a batch in but won't last until 10am so we drove their and arrived by 9:30am. We donated $300 and got 4 tickets. No tax or anything here, could've done it for $280 if I wanted. They give you hard tickets here that state on the tickets they are from the hospital and good for 1 day (NO UPGRADES ALLOWED AT PARK). But we didn't want park hoppers anyways...

Universal
The cheapest way I found these tickets were by going to guest relations and letting them know my dad has trouble walking (he is 65 and had some surgeries) and they gave us a 15% discount on the tickets we bought. They stated that they do this for any handicapped or disability person or group (no proof was required but I don't know if we just got a nice girl or not). 15% off was cheaper than any broker I saw online including undercovertourist (UCT). Now, I am not saying go lie to them and make something up, but if you legitimately have someone with any type of disability, then they should honor it up to 6 people in the group. Inside the park, AAA card came in handy and got us 10% off everything we bought.

My mini review coming from Disneyland/Universal in CA... (skip this if you care only about prices and savings)
First, just a little about me so you know where I am coming from. I am a 25 year old male who enjoys rides as well as shows and loves theme park hopping. I will try to be as unbiased as possible. I do enjoy extreme coasters (like Magic and Knotts) as well as detailed, theme rides (Disney or universal). I go to Disneyland about 3-4 times a year, Universal about 3-4 times a year in CA.

Animal Kingdom - Much like the LA zoo, its a giant zoo with a few rides. If you are a ride enthusiast, skip this park. The 3 decent rides they had were Everest, Dinosaur and a safari ride.
Everest is EXACTLY like "The Mummy" ride at universal studios, except duller. A very short roller coaster ride that you go forwards on, then backwards for a few drops. This is suppose to be their "big" main ride. Or you can compare it to Matterhorn in Disney, but 1/8th of the track time and a short backwards part. Has the same Yeti snow mountain theme.
Dinosaur was a bit better for me. This is basically Indiana Jones except with a dinosaur theme and shorter as well (all the rides are sooo short!!). You sit in a jeep like Indy and go trying to find a dinosaur while the jeep is taking you on bumps and sharp turns. No spears get thrown at you though and no steep drops under a boulder.
Safari ride is an enjoyable family ride that takes you out on the back side of the park through their little "Africa" while the tour guide points out animals and facts. This is very similar to the tram ride at universal except instead of Hollywood sets, you are looking at animals. My tour guide sucked unfortunately and was driving fast so pictures were hard (we caught up to the tram in front of us while no tram was behind us). And he was not delivering his lines well (which is understandable, its a hit or miss at any park).
I did go on ALL the rides, but I am not gonna waste my time writing about the others.
The shows, on the other hand, were AMAZING. 2 big shows, Finding Nemo the musical and Lion King were both great! The only thing in CA that I can compare these to would be the Aladdin show in California Adventure. Finding Nemo I enjoyed much more, I would have actually PAID to see this, about $40 I would say. Its a full set, full production show about 40 minutes long. I have never seen the movie, but this show was still amazing. Its people holding full size props while singing and controlling them. After a while, you don't even notice the people, but focused on the props! Lion King was also great and funny. They sing all the traditional songs from the movie (which I loved when I was a kid) so it really brought back memories. Lion King is performed in the center of the room so you sit in a circle around it, no bad seat in the house.

Animal Kingdom, although was disappointed in the rides, made up with it in the shows.

Epcot
I won't go into detail on the rides here because most overlap with Diseyland/CA (soarin, test track, american adventure, captain EO). I skipped all those because I assume they were the same. The new rides were also great and wish they brought some to the west coast. Spaceship Earth and Mission space were both really fun and unique rides. This park is a solid B+ overall. They have a good variety of rides and great photo moments and food from all parts of the world as well as buildings in the little "countries" they created. What I enjoyed most and also found most interesting is the workers! They actually fly over people from their native countries and pay them to live and work there for a year! I had a chat with one of the girls who they brought from Morocco and she said they flew her out to just talk and be there. Each country has workers to make it more real. All the food was great too! I recommend you eat as little as possible to try all the variety of foods they offer from the different parts of the world. The only thing this park lacked was shows which I can't blame them. They fit so much into an already big park which is tough to do in one day.

Universal - Islands of Adventure

By far, the BEST theme park I have EVER been to. I wish they had IoA in CA. Each ride there is so unique and unlike anything else. I don't want to write to much because this isn't my blog and none of you probably care, but the 2 best rides I have ever been on are Spider-Man and Harry Potters Hogwarts castle. I would like to meet the geniuses who designed these rides.
Spiderman is a 3D moving ride that includes not only a 3D movie, but real props as your car moves through the track. I thought it was going to be like Simpsons the ride (stationary 3D ride that just moves the car on a fixed spot). But no, this ride takes you through an entire rollercoaster style ride while involving fire, water, smoke and taking you through an adventure.

I thought it couldn't get any better but then I sat on Harry Potter! Oh boy, this is similar to Spiderman but version 2.0! Although no 3D, it takes you flying through the air also involving movie screens in spots as though you are flying in the air while playing quidditch, and then taking you through real props as you fly away from demontors, dragons, the whompping willow! I can not describe the thrill these rides brought when I thought the best thrills I got were from my previous favorite rides (Riddlers Revenge and Goliath at Magic Mountain). But these rides, although not intense roller coasters, brought more joy and more thrill in me than any other ride. I can ride these multiple times (in fact, I did ride each twice).

The Hulk was their intense roller coaster, and although not as big or scary as Magic Mountains, did provide that feeling of fear when it shoots you at the start going upwards (which is similar to Superman at MM). Also got to give a shout out to the other rides, Ripsaw Falls (this puts splash mountain to shame!) and Pop Eye and Blutos water ride (this also puts roaring rapids and bigfoot waters to shame!) The rides at universal were just other rides I've been on but on steriods! BRING SPARE CLOTHES OR A PANCHO IF YOU GO ON THE POP EYE RIDE AND TAKE YOUR SHOES AND SOCKS OFF!!!! You will get drenched no matter where you sit.

Anyways, had a blast!

this is easily the most appropriate for Fatwallet Travel post of late. All the REDDERS should instantly convert into good people

Excellent, detailed update to the original post! Thanks for following up on the original post with what you found. I wish more people would do this after everyone has helped them in the planning process.

It happens rarely indeed. Mainly due to lack of hot tips within topics. Here, despite a dozen of Senior Members participating, the only hot tips came from OP himself. And if he didn't influence the diabolical REDDERS to switch their vote in the midst of this topic, he might have not come back for fear of wasting his time

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014