Sharing Disneyland Park Hopper Tickets - Tips

Archived From: Travel Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Any tips out there on how to share a multi day park hopper?

Mainly looking for tips how to get away without needing to sign the park hoppers.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I hope others can have a good experience too and at the same time keep thier wallets fat

sjaz (Feb. 09, 2012 @ 11:10p) |

It is illegal to sell to unsuspecting tourists apparently.
However, the idea to pre arrange the sale with someone is inte... (more)

TheGMan (Mar. 15, 2012 @ 6:55p) |

You're better off making arrangements and making the handoff right there anyway. I could see mommy groups do this for th... (more)

calwatch (Mar. 16, 2012 @ 5:44a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

You meaning buying a Park Hopper, using it, and then being able to give it to another person to enter on the same day?

Oh geez, here we go again with another shady practice to save a buck. Why would you bother risking something like this on a vacation day? The idea of going to do something on vacation is to relax and have fun, not have to worry about getting kicked out of the park.

Go talk to SinglePapa, as this sounds right up his alley.

I was going to stay out; but like Jupiter, who first threw Jennifer Lopez out of his office in 2002 flick "Enough", then did send her money upon a visit from the thugs - I'll see if I can help. See, the RED TEAM who joined us an average of 60 years ago, tells us they've forgotten that Fatwallet is about money. They continue to lurk here in search of information on how to pay full retail for one's peace of mind.

So OP, re-phraze your question - as it sounds like you want to sell your ticket after partly using it. What are trying to achieve?

SinglePapa said:    See, the RED TEAM who joined us an average of 60 years ago, tells us they've forgotten that Fatwallet is about money. They continue to lurk here in search of information on how to pay full retail for one's peace of mind.We're all here to save money, but most of us don't care to stoop to the level of committing theft, fraud, trespass, and other illegal acts, in order to achieve those savings.

From The Free Stuff Forum
Disclaimer

From The Finance Forum
Disclaimer
Speedway, this guy gets red all over FW and apparently has set a record for the number of people who put him on the ignore list.

He just doesn't understand that while everyone here wants to save money, we are not willing to do things that are illegal or unethical just to save a buck.

Do yourself a favor and take advantage of the ignore feature.

He is on my ignore list, but sometimes I just have to take a peek for a good laugh.

Fatwallet is not about YOUR needs and feelings; it's about HOT deals for people looking for them. You're not posting HOT deals, or even letting people ask a question on Fatwallet; you RED topics and posts, effectively disabling them. Then you waste Fatwallet's space to self-perpetuate your empty posts. Stop personal attacks. Fatwallet is only interested in HOT deals - which you don't post.

I was hoping that Orlando topic from Megamands has dealt with the REDDING issue once and for all. But the same happened again with Disneyland topic from sjaz - instead of getting ANY bit of hot advice on Disneyland, the topic got an applauded advice "NOT to look for any advice", got "redded" and got turned into a "libel playground"

That is my goal. To use half the hopper ticket and sell the remaining days.

I don't think signing is avoidable. If you know buyer in advance, sign their name

sjaz said:   That is my goal. To use half the hopper ticket and sell the remaining days.

In the interest of providing factual information, you should be aware that selling unused multiday park days is illegal in the state of Florida.

You can choose your own course of action based on your individual budget, tolerance for risk and ethics, but FYI.

No pro in the matter; but I assume what's illegal in FL(or enforced) is conducting biz of selling those. The OP, who's not in FL, is not conducting any biz. I suspect he just wanted to sell his ticket to any broker/agent, and dreamed to keep his ticket clean. I'd advise him to secure "end user" to split his ticket - but who am I to advise anyone. Have fun

SinglePapa said:   No pro in the matter; but I assume what's illegal in FL(or enforced) is conducting biz of selling those. The OP, who's not in FL, is not conducting any biz. I suspect he just wanted to sell his ticket to any broker/agent, and dreamed to keep his ticket clean. I'd advise him to secure "end user" to split his ticket - but who am I to advise anyone. Have funI'm a Florida resident and I can confirm that the practice is illegal for anyone, not just people making a business out of it.

I guess every tourist should hara-kiri. Welcome New Member Gefilte, who has hit the ground running and will contribute many Hot Deals to Fatwallet readers!

Last time I checked Disneland is in California. Disneyworld is in FL. Not sure how Florida law would affect someone in CA....

I know people that have done exactly what the OP is proposing. There is a strong secondary market for these tickets not to use the remaining days but to use the value to upgrade to an annual pass.

The last time my friend did it they bought multi-day tickets, used everything but the last day and were still able to sell the 2A and 1C ticket for something like $260. Of course the purchaser used the full value of the passes wich was around $520 towards their new anual passes.

Another use is a seller will buy a 6 day pass and then sell off each day. Typically you meet the seller before you go into the park and meet them after to return the ticket. You see lots of these on eBay. I read that because of this Disney would make you print your name on the back of each ticket when you entered the park. (On the six day tickets.) Thus if there was a mismatch in the name and the expected customer - they could demand to see ID.

I saw this here: Sharing Tickets Blogspot I can't verify the acuracy or anything else written.

Note that according to this blog, selling of tickets is not illegal but is ethically questionable and if there is a problem, Disney will not help.

Personally I would never go without tickets that I bought from Disney or another reputable source. Imagine getting to the park and your tickets are no good. Not a lot of fun. As for selling
off the last day or days only you can decide if it breaches your own ethics.

your last paragraph sums up this whole epic: it's the buyer who risks inconvenience, if he doesn't know the seller

Didn't Disney install fingerprint scanners at their gates? The last two times I was in orlando i had to place my index finger on the reader to enter. Wouldn't that eliminate any reselling?

Ditto what they ^^^^^ said...

As far as I know DisneyWORLD in Florida has fingerpring scanners, DisneyLAND in California does not.

If they have installed them at Disneyland that would be good to know.

the ones in Orlando don't stop anyone either

So i scanned my fingers for nothing? THey always were checking for something, including mutltiple times where someone in our party had to rescan.

That suprises me that they would install them at Disneyland too.......

Not Disneyland.
In all Orlando parks, to keep the line moving in case scan hasn't opened the gate, they will save your finger into the system AGAIN. So whether your finger was there originally or not, now it will be

Just spent three days in the park and was never asked to sign the ticks. Sold the other 3Heritage days for 110the per ticket. Not bad

Cost for a family of 6 was 750 instead of $1200

My wallet is fat

How did you sell them? Did you presell or just do it there?

Pre sold them to another family

thanks for follow up

Your post didn't look good at first, but turned out helpful to people interested in Disneyland - possibly, more interested now than before

I hope others can have a good experience too and at the same time keep thier wallets fat

It is illegal to sell to unsuspecting tourists apparently.
However, the idea to pre arrange the sale with someone is interesting.
Glad it worked out for you sjaz.

You're better off making arrangements and making the handoff right there anyway. I could see mommy groups do this for their kids, for instance.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014