Is Vacations75.com legit

Archived From: Travel Discussion
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I received a daily email from dealchicken.com about a 4day/3night trip 1 of 10 locations for 75 bucks, plus all taxes and fees. Digging further into the email, I found the link for the vendor, www.vacations75.com. I just want to know if anyone has any experience with them, positive or negative. 2 day trip to 1 of 10 locations including $250 rt airline credit for $44(+ fees) sounds too good to be true. Just wanted to know if anyone had any heads up on it. Thanks in advance!

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Thanks for your honesty - where did you stay? Do you have to use it during the week or can it be over a weekend? I'm tr... (more)

jacquifelici (Oct. 11, 2012 @ 3:03p) |

We were booked at the DaysInn in WI Dells. When I did further research I saw that there were a lot of comments about be... (more)

esbro (Nov. 13, 2012 @ 3:15p) |

I think they are royal scam artists and stated they never got emails from me and kept reminding me the times that I want... (more)

roxyscar (Jan. 11, 2013 @ 3:29p) |

Save yourself the reading: IT IS A SCAM. Not because you will not get a room, but because you have to go through the mail to reserve a desired date, and it could go back and forth for months!

And even when you get the reservation, it will be a bad hotel/motel, in a bad part of town.

I have never heard of www.vacations75.com but looking at the terms and conditions, I see that you need to add $300 to the price ($150 per person) for the "booking fee".

I went to a time share presentation and received a voucher similar to this through a different company. It was for a 2 night stay in Orlando with airfare. I had to jump through several hoops just to redeem the voucher. I also had to send a $100 deposit for the trip. They did not have any of the dates available that I wanted so I had to settle for something 9 months out in February. They also tried everything to have me cancel the trip. They even offered me $200 plus a $100 restaurant gift card. I held strong and ended up with 2 direct flights on Southwest to Orlando. The hotel accommodations were really bad and I ended up booking my own hotel. All and all, it wasn't a bad trip.

Just be careful if you do get this. It won't be as easy to redeem as they make it out to be. If you just want a cheap trip on a random off season week, this is perfect. If you want to go on a specific month or date, this probably won't be for you.

From a web designer point of view, the website graphical design is of poor quality, does look like not much money was invested or done by professionals. They used some kind of so-so template and then added their own really low quality banners.

I would not shop with them.

firebreather said:    sounds too good to be true.

Will take your word.

I'll pass.

It is very unfair for people to just assume that everything is a scam. Contact them and ask questions! Do not hide behind a computer and make them sound bad.

Listen, I'm only defending them because they were great and saved me a couple hundred dollars. The reservationist was friendly and helpful. My brother-in-law also bought one of their cruise products and he had nothing but nice things to say about them. I intend on purchasing again.

-DDD3663-

Found the domain registrar's phone number on GoDaddy.
Searched this number via google.
Read the scam complaints.

Fair enough?

Yes, we used the 4 Day All Inclusive Getaway and were more than satisfied

ddd3663 said:   It is very unfair for people to just assume that everything is a scam. Contact them and ask questions! Do not hide behind a computer and make them sound bad.

Listen, I'm only defending them because they were great and saved me a couple hundred dollars. The reservationist was friendly and helpful. My brother-in-law also bought one of their cruise products and he had nothing but nice things to say about them. I intend on purchasing again.

-DDD3663-
Hmmmmm.... Brand new member supporting a documented scam site.

Something fishy???

I only signed up for this to defend them.....that's all. Trust me, I have better things to do

ddd3663 said:   I only signed up for this to defend them.....that's all. Trust me, I have better things to doI can vouch too! Anyone who wants to get in on this deal can send me $500 via paypal and I'm pretty sure I can get you something you will like. If not, I will refund all of your money. (minus my $300 fee)

why not try it? the worst thing you could lose is money.

hey, 87 people like Vacations75.com, so it must be OK!

DSJ said:   Found the domain registrar's phone number on GoDaddy.

Fair enough?

Well, the phone number is for a business domainsbyproxy.com which is not affiliated with them. This service is used by scammers to hide their identities from their marks.

It is fishy that a business would choose not just a private registration but pay a special service outside of normal registrars to buy a domain in their name.

No normal business would take these steps.

PS: I just like that domainsbyproxy.com has a HUGE link to contact them if any law enforcement officials entered their site, I guess it happens more than a few times a day.

Plus, that vacation website has no phone number to contact them AT ALL!!!

After some search, their phone is: 1-866-963-2199, google it to see all other their companies.

I have to agree. No phone number to contact, not on facebook although 87 people like them, no info on Better Business Bureau website. I was unable to find anything online about them other than their page. I have emailed DealChicken on this one.

BlueLetterD, DomainsbyProxy is just for a private registrant so the Owner doesn't have to disclose their name publicly thru GoDaddy. Didn't you say you were a web designer?

In regards to the BBB, the BBB is a joke! There are numerous local businesses that do not become members because there is no validity or no mandates that require you to sign up with them.

We used them, they were GREAT! Our trip to Playa del Carmen saved us over $300 from what we would have booked from the resort directly.

ddd3663 said:   BlueLetterD, DomainsbyProxy is just for a private registrant so the Owner doesn't have to disclose their name publicly thru GoDaddy. Didn't you say you were a web designer?

In regards to the BBB, the BBB is a joke! There are numerous local businesses that do not become members because there is no validity or no mandates that require you to sign up with them.

We used them, they were GREAT! Our trip to Playa del Carmen saved us over $300 from what we would have booked from the resort directly.
Interesting how someone who suddenly joins FW is so defensive of a website that is clearly a scam.

Even his nebulous verbage suggests that he is a shill trying to lure suckers.

Notice how he has no other posts but uses a salesman's vernacular to try to sell people on this scam.

I have contacted Deal Chicken to see if this was a legit company and this is what she sent:I took a look at our records and it seemed to be a national deal that we offered from Vacations 75. Over 850 people had purchased it so it seems like it would be a legit company. I also forwarded your email to one of our national managers to see if she could give me more information on the company for you.

Hopefully she’ll get back to me later today. So I think you should be safe with booking a vacation with them.

This is what Yollar.com sent me:I have attached Vacation's 75 "Contact Us" portion of their website for reference. They can be reached with any concerns you might have. They are a legit company. Make sure to read the fine print of the deal itself before making the purchase.

*I have emailed them for a phone # so I can reach them two days ago no response as of yet* I needed to make the purchase within four days now the offer has been removed after two days.

Both accounts defending this obvious boondoggle are brand spanking new. Yeah, we're that stupid. On a related note, I am selling advertising space on the moon. Contact me & I'll send you my paypal.

Noobes promoting this site here and flyertalk with identical "endorsements"...priceless.

I'm tempted to make a small purchase so I can sue them into oblivion. j/k

Still waiting on Deal Chicken to respond if they have had any complaints regarding Vacations75.

The offer is on again but the terms have changed turns out not a great deal better deal for a cruise with Carnival themself after paying the small print fees.

im still waiting on a call back also. I bought it and cannot get any information on how to redeem this vacation nor did I get the print out on the 50 dollar rest. com voucher they say comes with it.

I just found this thread since there's a new vacations75 deal on Dealchicken. In regards to ddd3663, I partially agree with you. Yes, the BBB is a joke - I will agree with you there. Any company can get a decent BBB rating by just paying a bunch of money and responding to complaints, but that's about all I agree with. You obviously work for the company and if Vacations75 has to hire a person to make fake profiles and respond to posts in the manner that you did, there's obviously something sketchy with the company. I'll save my $75 and put it toward a real vacation.

I am dealing with Vacations 75 right now and am having an extremely difficult time getting the vacation booked. They will not pick up the phone and call and all correspondence is thru email. So far it has not been a favorable experience.

I wish I would've found this thread before I bought :/. I purchased Wisconsin Dells package for the kids bday in July. That was a month ago. I haven't heard ANYTHING. I think I got ripped off.

Has anyone actually had an success with this company?

I bought this deal from deal chicken and have paid my fees. After a month I finaly heard from by email,even though I have given my number several times. They said they called. Now they are offering a low end room at the Imperal Palace. I looked on line and the rooms are in the 25.00 price range and VERY average. We also saw in the hotels reviews, there is a lot of gang activity and the rooms were dirty. Thaf wa 4days ago and no response yet. I am not impressed.

I booked the Las Vegas vacation through Yollar.com. I have never had any bad experience with Yollar, so I assumed booking a vacation would be just as smooth. After a week I received communication from Vacations75 letting me know that they would contact me to book the room. After 2 months of no contact from Vacations75, Yollar agreed to refund me. If it seems too good to be true, then it probably is. I am just glad that I went through Yollar. They have a reputation to keep up with and I am sure I wouldn't have been refunded if I went straight through Vacations75.

RUN FAST!! Another user replied "contact them" in order to get a feel if they are a scam or not. Well if you happen to find a number or even a contact name that actually works let me know so I can ask them for my money back. As the web designer stateed they are VERY behind in times. You purchase the deal online (or through something like deal chicken) but then you have to "mail" in your request for what days you want and wait WEEKS, seriously like 3 +, for a reply that say's. "You can be booked at XX hotel, do you want it" Not kidding this is all they say. If you say no for any reason (such as the hotel they want to put you in being a roach filled hole in the wall) then your left waiting for a reply weeks later. Put it this way, if you don't mind planning you check getaway a year in advance just to be placed in a ghetto hotel then vacations75 is the way to go.

Hmmm.. I just heard about that site today as well..
I totally agree on what BlueLetterD told you about them having poor looking site..
If you will just be basing on that, I wouldnt if I were you..

DSJ said:   Found the domain registrar's phone number on GoDaddy.

Fair enough?

I think its the perfect advice to you to know that Vacations75.com is legit or not. By following this advice you can get a clear information about this site.

ddd3663 said:   Yes, we used the 4 Day All Inclusive Getaway and were more than satisfied

I smell a shill and now all of a sudden a half dozen new users find this thread because they're searching for information about this "travel company". Seriously, a fool and their money. The time to research is BEFORE you buy.

First of all, if the deal sounds unbelievable, it probably is. Nobody is giving away a 4 day all inclusive for $75. If you sign up for something like this I GUARANTEE there's going to be some surprise fee somewhere along the way which makes this a bad deal.

You know what's a huge warning sign this is a scam? They're giving you a airfare credit in exchange for MONEY! Instead of charging you $50 bucks for it, why don't they just give you $200. Anytime you have to give someone money to get a "credit" it's a scam.

ddd3663 said:   

This means NOTHING...I can book a trip on Expedia any day of the week that will save me money off a hotel's rack rate displayed on their web site.

UPDATE: I STILL have NOT heard ANYTHING from vacations75. I contacted DealChicken got my $ back. Then all of a sudden I start getting creepy phone calls at 5:30am. I can't help but to think it's them. i've had my number for 10 years the only people that call me are the hubby and school. Maybe i'm being paranoid though. But still, I dont think it's a coincidence.

Oh good Lord....can this thread NOT die??? It's a rip-off, a scam, a hoax....and you dumb@sses fell for it. Learn & move on!

Go to v75reservations.com AFTER you contact them at http://www.vacations75.com/DealChicken/redeem.php or info@vacations75.com

they will send to stupid form that has a certificate number and serial number ..now go to v75reservations.com and redeem...then wait 5 days...

NO the thread won't DIE because A) It was on our NEWS B) I forked over $75 and finally P

Hmmm..... another brand new member.

It doesn't matter if they send you a form or not.....

IT'S WORTHLESS!!!!!!!!!

Did Deal Chicken refund your $75 for the deal and also the deposit amount you sent to Vacations 75?

Just wanted to give people our experience. We purchased a vacation deal to Wisconsin Dells from Vacation 75 through Deal Chicken. We immediately put in our reservation request in by mail. We received an e-mail (they did not have a phone number) and said we'd have to pay extra for the nights we wanted and needed to put down the $50.00 refundable fee. So we did that. Then we waited and waited. We e-mailed over and over and got no response. So finally, we received an e-mail from Vacation75 saying that our room was at the Ambassador Suites in Wisconsin Dells. We'll, we asked for a confirmation number and never got one. So we called the hotel that our "reservation" was supposedly at and the Manager said we weren't the only ones to call, no we do not have a reservation and that they are not affiliated with Vacation75 at all. They were looking into it since they have had so many calls. Since our vacation is in 2 days and we have been fighting with Vacation75 for 2 months we called Deal Chicken and they gave us a refund. We have not received a refund from Vacation75 (shocker). We lived and we learned.
Good luck to all of you who bought deals.

How did you call deal chicken? I am in the EXACT same situation you are in and it looks like I need to get my money back as well.

Skipping 13 Messages...
I think they are royal scam artists and stated they never got emails from me and kept reminding me the times that I wanted to travel was impossible to travel in and they pretty much said I had credit with them to go anywhere bunt told me the same story when I would pick a different place. They are liars and I'm reporting them to the better business bureau.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014