Is Vacations75.com legit

Archived From: Travel Discussion
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
My wife and I did the 4day/3 night trip to Punta Cana in the beginning of June. I bought it off Deal Chicken in March, and we had a great time. All-Inclusive at the Catalonia Bavaro resort. We were thrilled and are looking to book another trip with them now. I contacted Deal Chicken(Gannett) for help with the booking, and the lady was extremely helpful and told me to call her if I had any complaints. It cost $375 after fees, but that is cheaper than any hotels in my hometown, and we got all you could eat/drink! I was skeptical, and I understand if people felt they were scammed, but ours worked out great!

On FlyerTalk I read a very large discussion about this sort of "deal." Out of curiosity, I went to the redemption website (you apparently get a one time use "code" when you buy this deal) and made up a code. It went through just fine, several days later, I got an email with the proposed itinerary and costs. If you really want to buy one of these travel deals from sites like Living Social or Groupon or whatnot, just skip buying it, and go to the website you redeem it at. You'll still get ripped off, but you'll save the $99 you spend to get the code.

Vacations 75 is a scam. I ordered a Wisconsin Dells deal and spoke with deal chicken and it is fraud. Do not send these people any money. Do not purchase this deal.

If you know how to get them to return phone calls or e-mails, please tell me. Between my partner and I, we have been e-mailing them since May and calling now as well. They have odd hours and when they are supposed to be "open", the answering machine just picks up. Frustrated as hell with them.

I booked a WISCONSIN DELLS vacation and everything went smoothly. I paid an extra $30 a night to go to a better hotel but I had no issues and it is certainly legit.

ebloch said:   I booked a WISCONSIN DELLS vacation and everything went smoothly. I paid an extra $30 a night to go to a better hotel but I had no issues and it is certainly legit.Shill.

The only people supporting this scam are brand new members with no other posts.

Do they really think we're that stupid?

Mamzer said:   ebloch said:   I booked a WISCONSIN DELLS vacation and everything went smoothly. I paid an extra $30 a night to go to a better hotel but I had no issues and it is certainly legit.Shill.

The only people supporting this scam are brand new members with no other posts.

Do they really think we're that stupid?

Of course they think that we're that stupid.

Of course one or two idiots that stumble upon this thread will see the shills and go and buy the "deals".

So really, some of "us" are that stupid....

Vacations 75 is a travel agency, but DO NOT book anything with them. I booked a 3 day/ 2 night trip to WI Dells, WI. I was able to get the dates I wanted, but it took me months of emails that were never responded to, to receive confirmation. Once I did, my room was only a double room with one bed, and it should have been 2 beds. Upon reading reviews on the hotel I was booked at, I discovered not only drug activity, but a bed bug infestation.

Naturally, calling their phone number does not get you to anyone. They want you to leave a message in their voice mail and never return it.

I finally contacted Deal Chicken (who I purchased the deal through), who very willingly refunded my money and apologized for the trouble. Apparently Vacations 75 is a travel agency. They started out very well with responding to people, but got overloaded so just stopped responding to messages. Needless to say Deal Chicken is not affiliated with them any longer.

As another person posted, this deal was way too good to be true. I admit, I was a sucker, but I did get my money back.

Anyone posting that everything went smoothly either got very lucky, or is a liar. I booked a 3 day/ 2 night WI Dells vacation through them.

I was able to get the dates I wanted, but it took months of emails to receive a confirmation. I ended up contacting Deal Chicken to get the phone number for Vacations 75.

The phone number listed on the website naturally does not let you talk to anyone. It goes to a voice mail box that is never responded to.

I requested a room with 2 beds, but was booked a room with only 1. Upon doing further research I discovered that the hotel I was booked in has a bedbug infestation and other people reported strong drug activity. I attempted to contact Vacations 75 and got no response. I finally contacted Deal Chicken who refunded my money and apologized for the trouble.

Evidently they have had to refund several people's bookings because Vacations 75 is unresponsive. I will NEVER book anything through them again.

I admit, I was a sucker for the deal, but at least I got my money back in the end. Long story short, you get what you pay for, and Vacations 75 is NOT worth the trouble.

Anyone posting that everything went smoothly either got very lucky, or is a liar. I booked a 3 day/ 2 night WI Dells vacation through them.

I was able to get the dates I wanted, but it took months of emails to receive a confirmation. I ended up contacting Deal Chicken to get the phone number for Vacations 75.

The phone number listed on the website naturally does not let you talk to anyone. It goes to a voice mail box that is never responded to.

I requested a room with 2 beds, but was booked a room with only 1. Upon doing further research I discovered that the hotel I was booked in has a bedbug infestation and other people reported strong drug activity. I attempted to contact Vacations 75 and got no response. I finally contacted Deal Chicken who refunded my money and apologized for the trouble.

Evidently they have had to refund several people's bookings because Vacations 75 is unresponsive. I will NEVER book anything through them again.

I admit, I was a sucker for the deal, but at least I got my money back in the end. Long story short, you get what you pay for, and Vacations 75 is NOT worth the trouble.

Thanks for your honesty - where did you stay? Do you have to use it during the week or can it be over a weekend? I'm trying to get more information.

We were booked at the DaysInn in WI Dells. When I did further research I saw that there were a lot of comments about bed bugs. I called Deal Chicken and got a refund. I cancelled the booking through Vacations75 and asked for my deposit ($50) back. Got the check today and it's only for $40. Go figure that wouldn't be correct either.

Seriously, DO NOT do any business with these people. If you call the number on their website you're directed to a mailbox to leave a message. If you email, they don't respond. It's a bunch of crap.

Thank goodness Deal Chicken was decent enough to refund my money and apologized for the trouble. They no longer do business with them, and for good reason. Stay away.

I think they are royal scam artists and stated they never got emails from me and kept reminding me the times that I wanted to travel was impossible to travel in and they pretty much said I had credit with them to go anywhere bunt told me the same story when I would pick a different place. They are liars and I'm reporting them to the better business bureau.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014