Enterprise Hourly Rental Rates?

Archived From: Travel Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I need to rent a car from Enterprise in the Dallas area for 50 or 51 hours. They really gouge you for exceeding the 48 hours. At 51 hours it becomes a full extra day.

Question: Do they charge you based on the times you reserve, or the actual time you have the car?
I wish I could rent a half day...<sigh>

48 hours = $69.17
49 hours = $81.77
50 hours = $92.77
51 hours = $103.76

FWIW, all of the usual coupon codes make the rental MORE expensive, so I didn't use any...

Member Summary

Can't comment on the rates since you didn't post dates, type of car, or the 3 codes you tried.

What did Enterprise customer service tell you when you called them?

My question wasn't about the daily rates so much as the extra hour rates. They charge an extra $10 for the 25th hour, another $10 for the 26th hour, and a full extra day on the 27th hour. Because my rental is for 2 full days plus 2 or 3 hours, as it stands now I will be paying an extra $20 or $29.95 for a full day. I know this type of rate structure is common in the industry, but I thought Enterprise at its neighborhood locations was more lenient. Maybe I've just been lucky in the past...

Either way, my original question still stands. Do the extra hours get charged based on the window you rent, or the window you actually have the car?

And my original question stands as well..... What did Enterprise customer service tell you when you called them?

runningair said:   My question wasn't about the daily rates so much as the extra hour rates. They charge an extra $10 for the 25th hour, another $10 for the 26th hour, and a full extra day on the 27th hour. Because my rental is for 2 full days plus 2 or 3 hours, as it stands now I will be paying an extra $20 or $29.95 for a full day. I know this type of rate structure is common in the industry, but I thought Enterprise at its neighborhood locations was more lenient. Maybe I've just been lucky in the past...

Either way, my original question still stands. Do the extra hours get charged based on the window you rent, or the window you actually have the car?

Rental car companies ONLY care about when you ACTUALLY HAVE THE CAR...not when you base your quote off. If you return the car later than the week you said you were going to have it (for example you keep it 4 hours past that week they will charge you extra...not just for they week you said you'd have it).

I was late once by 30 minutes and got charged....

Ask the company as suggested.

Speedway said:   And my original question stands as well..... What did Enterprise customer service tell you when you called them?

They gave me the same prices I saw on the internet. The gal I talked to was new and didn't seem very familiar with their policies...

mom2boys said:   runningair said:   My question wasn't about the daily rates so much as the extra hour rates. They charge an extra $10 for the 25th hour, another $10 for the 26th hour, and a full extra day on the 27th hour. Because my rental is for 2 full days plus 2 or 3 hours, as it stands now I will be paying an extra $20 or $29.95 for a full day. I know this type of rate structure is common in the industry, but I thought Enterprise at its neighborhood locations was more lenient. Maybe I've just been lucky in the past...

Rental car companies ONLY care about when you ACTUALLY HAVE THE CAR...not when you base your quote off. If you return the car later than the week you said you were going to have it (for example you keep it 4 hours past that week they will charge you extra...not just for they week you said you'd have it).

Let me try the question again. I was asking in the context of returning the car EARLY. Do they hit you for the full window you reserved? From a business perspective I could understand if they did, or at least charged you a penalty, because it's lost revenue that you originally promised to pay them ... much like cancellation fees for cell phone plans. If you want out early, you have to pay the penalty for it.

If you could return the car early why not reserve for 48 hours and take a chance on being late?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014