Spirit Air Giving Out RT Vouchers (YMMV)

Archived From: Travel Discussion
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
SPIRIT air is giving away free flights

http://marketing.spirit.com/2012/

I use Spirit from DFW to Las Vegas as a cheap alternative to the bigger airlines. Yes, they do additional fees. Yes, their pricing structure sucks but my arguement is that I don't care. lol I pay a fraction than most going the same route. If I'm going to be treated like cattle by the other big boys then I might as well pay less. Now, if Virgin does a direct from DFW to LAS, I'm there.


Anyway, you go to one of these events (first come first serve, etc) & pick up your voucher. Input the code on the site, get 20K miles which is redeemable for a RT ticket.

http://marketing.spirit.com/2012/faq.html

http://marketing.spirit.com/2012/rules.html

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I really HATE Spirit Airlines, too

docmary (Jul. 14, 2012 @ 4:32p) |

Jaimelobo i need spirit tomorrow chi to ny

powercrawford (Jul. 16, 2012 @ 4:48p) |

i need spirit vouncher asap

powercrawford (Jul. 16, 2012 @ 5:01p) |

  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Your title should reflect selected cities...

Coming to a city near you...

Wednesday, April 18
Dallas, TX
4:00 PM
Fiesta Market
5334 Ross Ave.
Dallas, TX 75206

Thursday, April 19
Fort Worth, TX
4:00 PM
Ridgmar Travel
2821 Lackland Rd.
Fort Worth, TX 76116

Friday, April 20
Arlington, TX
12:00 PM
Galactic
1903 Stadium Oaks Ct.
Arlington, TX 76011

Friday, April 20
Grapevine, TX
5:00 PM
Ferrari's Italian Villa
1200 William D. Tate Avenue
Grapevine, TX 7605

Saturday, April 21
Plano, TX
12:00 PM
PGA TOUR Superstore
600 Accent Drive
Plano, TX 75075

Sunday, April 22
Sherman, TX
12:00 PM
About Travel
5011 Texoma Prkwy
Sherman, TX 75090

Monday, April 23
Kilgore, TX
12:00 PM
Kilgore Travel
200 N. Kilgore
Kilgore, TX 75662

Monday, April 23
Tyler, TX
5:00 PM
Travel Leaders
3527 S. Broadway Ave.
Tyler, TX 75701

Wednesday, April 25
Waco, TX
12:00 PM
Travel Time
1101 Richland Dr.
Waco, TX 76710

Thursday, April 26
Abilene, TX
12:00 PM
The Travel Factory
4150 Southwest Dr.
Abilene, TX 79606

Friday, April 27
Lawton, OK
12:00 PM
Adventure Travel
200 SW C Avenue - Central Mall
Lawton, OK 73507

Friday, April 27
Wichita Falls, TX
5:00 PM
Parkair Travel
2608 Kemp Blvd
Wichita Falls, TX 76309

Saturday, April 28
Muenster, TX
12:00 PM
Germanfest
501 S. Maple St.
Muenster, TX 76252

Tuesday, May 1
Denver/Greenwood Village, CO
12:00 PM
PGA TOUR Superstore
9451 East Arapahoe Road
Greenwood Village, CO 80112

Wednesday, May 2
Cheyenne, WY
12:00 PM
Capitol Tours & Travel
121 E. 18th Street
Cheyenne, WY 82001

Friday, May 4
Vail/Avon, CO
12:00 PM
Loaded Joe's Coffeehouse & Lounge
82 E Beaver Creek Blvd.
Avon, CO 81620

Saturday, May 5
Colorado Springs, CO
12:00 PM
Kuni Lexus of Colorado Springs
604 Auto Heights
Colorado Springs, CO 80905

Tuesday, May 8
Chandler, AZ
12:00 PM
PGA TOUR Superstore
2031 N. Arizona Avenue
Chandler, AZ 85225

Wednesday, May 9
Mesa, AZ
12:00 PM
Terra Travel
1914 S. Power Road
Mesa, AZ 85206

Friday, May 11
Las Vegas, NV
12:00 PM
One Travel
1050 E. Flamingo Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89119

Saturday, May 12
Las Vegas, NV
12:00 PM
Mercedes Benz of Henderson
925 Auto Show Drive
Henderson, NV 89014

Tuesday, May 15
San Diego, CA
12:00 PM
Kahala Travel
3838 Camino del Rio N
San Diego, CA 92108

Thursday, May 17
Los Angeles/Stevenson Ranch, CA
12:00 PM
Travel Leaders
25129 The Old Rd.
Stevenson Ranch, CA 91381

Saturday, May 19
Oakland/Fremont, CA
12:00 PM
BJ Travel Center
39102 State St.
Fremont, CA 94538

Monday, May 21
Portland/Tigard, OR
4:00 PM
Azumano Travel
16200 S.W. Pacific Highway
Tigard, OR 97224

Thursday, May 31
Minneapolis, MN
12:00 PM
Travel One Inc.
8009 34th Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55425

Saturday, June 2
Chicago/Bloomingdale, IL
12:00 PM
Classic Travel and Tours
261 E Lake St.
Bloomingdale, IL 60108

Sunday, June 3
Chicago/Des Plaines, IL
12:00 PM
Options Travel
200 Howard Avenue
Des Plaines, IL 60018

Just in case you are unfamiliar with Spirit Airline's bonus mile system, those bonus 20,000 miles may incorporate a reward redemption fee of up to $100 as clipped below from the FAQ. I was unfamiliar with this airline until hearing on the radio that they are one of the pioneers in charging fees for carry-on luggage.

Are there any other fees that may apply when I book my award travel?

Yes, certain government taxes and fees, from only $5 per roundtrip, will still be applied to an award reservation, in addition to a non-refundable per-customer award redemption fee as follows:

$0 (No Fee):Award ticket is requested at least 180 days prior to departure.

$15 fee:Award ticket is requested between 21 and 179 days prior to departure.

$75 fee:Award ticket is requested between 7 and 20 days prior to departure.

$100 fee:Award ticket is requested 6 days or less prior to departure.

Miles expire in 3-6 months if you don't have their BOA issued credit card or do a lot of activity, so book your ticket ASAP, if you get a certificate. They only gave out 5,000 miles last year, so these certificates are better.... I has 37,000 miles that were expiring, so I will give you my experience. The best off-peak awards are only available with the BOA Visa card (as low as 5,000 miles r/t). I did not have one, so I got a round trip from Detroit to Kingston Jamaica 6 1/2 months out for no fee and $99 in taxes with 25,000 miles (in off-peak October). They were only doing flights 7 months out. Having 10,000 miles left, I got a one-way DTW-LGA in October for no fee and $5 in taxes for the rest of the miles.

do they fly to / from Orlando...
any good deal there...?

Too bad none in ny area

apnagirish said:   do they fly to / from Orlando...? I don't think there is any possible way to find that out that information.

Yes, they fly to several destinations from Orlando. You can look at their route map or the cities that remain when you fly FROM Orlando on their booking engine. If you want to go TO Orlando, then change the order of the cities....You can only book award tickets on the phone.

The one & only place in CA is 2 minutes away from my work. But would these events be mobbed like Best Buy before black friday?

suderduperloo00p said:   The one & only place in CA is 2 minutes away from my work. But would these events be mobbed like Best Buy before black friday?

No. They do get busy but will not to camp out for the vouchers. If you show up 30 mins or an hour prior to the time you should be fine.

I was told at one of the events that you have 30 days after the points hit your account to make your reservation. I was also told that you have up to a year to complete travel.

I only get an hour for lunch, so not sure if I should bother or not or get the bf to try.

hard2hold said:   suderduperloo00p said:   The one & only place in CA is 2 minutes away from my work. But would these events be mobbed like Best Buy before black friday?

No. They do get busy but will not to camp out for the vouchers. If you show up 30 mins or an hour prior to the time you should be fine.

suderduperloo00p said:   The one & only place in CA is 2 minutes away from my work. But would these events be mobbed like Best Buy before black friday?

I live in stevenson ranch as well. But I am not sure how this takes place. Do I just go pick it up or is it like a timeshare i sit through?

Went to the one in Denver yesterday. People line up, the Spirit bus shows up about an hour before the promo starts, and they start passing them out at the advertised time. Nothing to fill out. They did stamp everyone's hand to try to prevent people from going back for seconds. Don't know how long it took to pass out the entire 1,000, but they gave away atleast 500 in the 1st 30 minutes and the line was pretty short by then.

HappyKat said:   Went to the one in Denver yesterday. People line up, the Spirit bus shows up about an hour before the promo starts, and they start passing them out at the advertised time. Nothing to fill out. They did stamp everyone's hand to try to prevent people from going back for seconds. Don't know how long it took to pass out the entire 1,000, but they gave away atleast 500 in the 1st 30 minutes and the line was pretty short by then.

did you get one or use it yet?

megamands said:   HappyKat said:   Went to the one in Denver yesterday. People line up, the Spirit bus shows up about an hour before the promo starts, and they start passing them out at the advertised time. Nothing to fill out. They did stamp everyone's hand to try to prevent people from going back for seconds. Don't know how long it took to pass out the entire 1,000, but they gave away atleast 500 in the 1st 30 minutes and the line was pretty short by then.

did you get one or use it yet?


I have one of the vouchers, but I haven't registered it yet. From the certificate:

Certificate for 20,000 FREE SPIRIT Bonus Miles

Congratulations! This certificate entitles you to 20,000 FREE SPIRIT Frequent Flyer Bonus Miles--a gift from you friends at Spirit Airlines.

To redeem this certificate, go to www.spirit.com/2012 and register within the next 7 days.

You must register this certificate within 7 days of receipt. Miles will be deposited within 45 days of registration. Travel must be booked within 30 days of date miles are deposited into your FREE SPIRIT account. Certificates are good for one time use, and only one 20,000-miles certificate can be credited to a FREE SPIRIT account. FREE SPIRIT program terms and conditions apply - complete details available at www.spirit.com.

I realize you can't double dip at the same location, but is there any problem with hitting up multiple events?

acesfullof8s said:   I realize you can't double dip at the same location, but is there any problem with hitting up multiple events?

Here's what the rules say:

3. How to Receive Offer: First, during the Giveaway Period visit a Spirit Airlines 2012 Tour event (each an "Event") location at the start of Event hours and follow the instructions to form a line at the Sponsor designated point. For each Event, Sponsor will announce and post the specific number of available Spirit miles certificates (the "Offer") for that Event. The number of available Offers will vary between Events. The first designated number of eligible participants in line at each Event will receive the Offer. Limit: Each participant may receive one (1) Offer. Terms and conditions of Offer apply. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address or identifier. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than one (1) Offer by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that participant's Offer and that participant may be disqualified at Sponsorís sole discretion. The Offer will be fulfilled at Event.


Has anyone ever tried multiple locations?

Last year, when they were giving out 5,000 mile vouchers, all the vouchers were locked (i.e. you could only cash one in a certain period of time). This was true even if one was from an event, and one was from a charitable donation.

I have & did not have any issue.

Just got back from the Los Angeles one and here is my story

I got there at 11:30am (30 min early) and there was a line of about 75 people. They had 1,000 at this location. At 12, there was about 100 people. They stamp your hand (18 or over so don't try bringing kids like some moms did) and give you 1 voucher. They are there until 2pm.

From Los Angeles, you can fly roundtrip for free to 6 select cities:
1. San Diego, CA
2. Las Vegas, NV
3. Dallas, TX
4. Portland, OR
5. Oakland, CA
6. Phoenix, AZ

If you wish to go somewhere else, you can redeem your miles and pay the difference. I tried going back and ask for a 2nd for a friend that couldn't make it (true story)after the line was over but they were very strict on 1 per person rule and that person has to be there. One mom left and came back with 4 kids and they told her know. It was funny cause I saw her get one, go home and come back to try to get more. Greedy people...

anyone go to AZ one and not using theirs I can buy/trade it from you...

anyone going to chicago/desplaines location tomorrow, and how early should i be there?

Ok, so I'm sitting here with a fistful of these certificates, on the back they say "Certificates are good for one time use, and only one 20,000 mile certificate can be credited to a FREE SPIRIT account."

Which seems to say you can't use multiples, but the guy at the thing announced "if you need another one, we'll be in detroit on tuesday".

Does anyone know if you can buy trips for someone else using your miles on Spirit? Can I give my brother a certificate so he can buy me a second trip, etc?

Its one per account. I can't figure out how to redeem it though, I see the 20,000 in my account but at checkout it doesn't use them.

You can give your things to your brother and he can make an account and use it.

I think you can only redeem the miles by calling them.

Went to the detroit one today. Arrived at 11 there was about 20 people ahead of me. By time they started there was about 300 people. They were handing out 500. Does anyone know if you can book travel for someone else with these? If I deposit them in my account can I book a ticket for my son?

I'm the OP. You can book for someone else but be very aware you must be VERY flexible - like contortionist flexible - with your dates. You can not just decide, hey - let's go to Vegas such & such weekend. Quite frankly, it has been a collosal waste of time.

hard2hold said:   I'm the OP. You can book for someone else but be very aware you must be VERY flexible - like contortionist flexible - with your dates. You can not just decide, hey - let's go to Vegas such & such weekend. Quite frankly, it has been a collosal waste of time.

Thanks!!!

hard2hold said:   ...Quite frankly, it has been a collosal waste of time.As are most Spirit "Deals".

Miles will be deposited within 45 days of registration

Anyone receive there miles yet ?

hard2hold said:   SPIRIT air is giving away free flights

http://marketing.spirit.com/2012/

I use Spirit from DFW to Las Vegas as a cheap alternative to the bigger airlines. Yes, they do additional fees. Yes, their pricing structure sucks but my arguement is that I don't care. lol I pay a fraction than most going the same route. If I'm going to be treated like cattle by the other big boys then I might as well pay less. Now, if Virgin does a direct from DFW to LAS, I'm there.


Anyway, you go to one of these events (first come first serve, etc) & pick up your voucher. Input the code on the site, get 20K miles which is redeemable for a RT ticket.

http://marketing.spirit.com/2012/faq.html

http://marketing.spirit.com/2012/rules.html




repped and thumbs up!

I hate Spirit but with how much ORD---->LAS flights are running these days, I'd gladly wait in line for a voucher.

horrible. I waited in line and got it. When I tried to redeem, you have to redeem within 30 days and they were charging me a $100 redemption fee to use my miles and it would only cover ONE way from LAX to LAS (45 min plane ride). It was cheaper ON THEIR OWN SITE to book the flight without redeeming the coupon. Burned and wasted my time

megamands said:   horrible. I waited in line and got it. When I tried to redeem, you have to redeem within 30 days and they were charging me a $100 redemption fee to use my miles and it would only cover ONE way from LAX to LAS (45 min plane ride). It was cheaper ON THEIR OWN SITE to book the flight without redeeming the coupon. Burned and wasted my time

As stated numerous times here & on other threads, I hate Spirit (spit) Airlines *however* they seem to be the lowest bargain basement airline out there. I found getting desired flights from DFW to Cancun, Vegas, or even Fort Lauderdale to be a royal PITA but you can't beat their promotional prices on occassion. My father in law had the same reaction when he tried to book something for the following weekend when I plainly told him to read the fine print. He is one of the guys that I tell him to RTFM when he has a computer question though (which he still refuses to do). Yes, you have to jump through hooks. It's a free flight (not counting baggage fees, seat select fees, etc).

My question is, why not just drive from LA? Is the traffic bad?

hard2hold said:   megamands said:   horrible. I waited in line and got it. When I tried to redeem, you have to redeem within 30 days and they were charging me a $100 redemption fee to use my miles and it would only cover ONE way from LAX to LAS (45 min plane ride). It was cheaper ON THEIR OWN SITE to book the flight without redeeming the coupon. Burned and wasted my time

As stated numerous times here & on other threads, I hate Spirit (spit) Airlines *however* they seem to be the lowest bargain basement airline out there. I found getting desired flights from DFW to Cancun, Vegas, or even Fort Lauderdale to be a royal PITA but you can't beat their promotional prices on occassion. My father in law had the same reaction when he tried to book something for the following weekend when I plainly told him to read the fine print. He is one of the guys that I tell him to RTFM when he has a computer question though (which he still refuses to do). Yes, you have to jump through hooks. It's a free flight (not counting baggage fees, seat select fees, etc).

My question is, why not just drive from LA? Is the traffic bad?


I have used spirit in the past and don't mind their airlines at all. They do have some of the best prices. What was bogus to me is this specific promotion they were running. I was told I was getting a 100% FREE roundtrip flight from Los Angeles to Vegas. They didn't tell me about a redemption fee or a deadline while I waited 2 hours outside in the sun.

Drive is about 5 hours, I don't mind but when they advertised a free flight, I thought that is what I was getting

They never posted ME or my BOYFRIENDS free miles that we stood in line in two hours for. I called today and they said I must submit the certificate number to them however I threw it away after registering online thinking they would actually do their part of putting on the miles! We were going to use those for a family trip as neither of us have went on vacation in two years. We were so excited the entire day we won the free airfare only to be so frustrated now!

annaseyller said:   They never posted ME or my BOYFRIENDS free miles that we stood in line in two hours for. I called today and they said I must submit the certificate number to them however I threw it away after registering online thinking they would actually do their part of putting on the miles! We were going to use those for a family trip as neither of us have went on vacation in two years. We were so excited the entire day we won the free airfare only to be so frustrated now!I hate Spirit Air as much as anybody, so it kills me to be even slightly defending them, however...

You have no one to blame but yourself -- why in the world would you throw-away the certificates until after you had verified the miles were in your account?

Was the sheet of paper (which was your only proof), really taking up that much space?

jaimelobo said:   I hate Spirit Air as much as anybody,
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our 2x20000 free miles just hit.

The rules/regs/fees to redeem them compounds our hatred.

Wonder if I can get $40-50 bucks on CL for both account numbers/passwords and call it a day.

Skipping 7 Messages...
i need spirit vouncher asap



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014