• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I am suspicious of this deal and would love it if someone could tell me whether or not there is reason to be. How do they make their money? Especially if they are giving half to Tippr. The company's website indicates that a timeshare presentation is not required.

I'd love to plan a trip to Orlando, and this looked worth investigating.

Right now the deal is on the front page of www.tippr.com. Direct link

Thanks.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
can you let me know if they'll give you the refund? I have tried opening the app and it says error... I think I have was... (more)

jampascua (Apr. 29, 2013 @ 2:07a) |

Dispute with your bank or credit card company. They should refund you and then deal with Tippr and/or Next Stage on beha... (more)

klsteph (May. 20, 2013 @ 3:04p) |

is there a way we could start a class action lawsuit? I bought a voucher through KGB and this company is clearly a scam.... (more)

robocgordon (Jun. 23, 2013 @ 11:43a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Like I told my wife this morning when she called me about this, if it sounds too good to be true...

look at this thread. It is the same company with a slightly different name..

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/budget-travel/1181805-next-stage-...

•Does not include additional airline fees such as baggage, seating, tax, etc., which incur additional fees of up to $150 per person

•Certificate is valued at up to $850 worth of travel costs (up to $350 in hotel and $500 in airfare)

•Booking through broker assigned by Next Stage Promotions

Depending where you are flying from, I think you will have a hard time getting roundtrip airfare for $250 or less each at their inflated prices since you must book through their broker. Also since you don't have control of which airline you are flying on you might have to pay for even a carry on bag, which is the case with Spirit Airlines.

Here are the conditions
* Certificate is valued at up to $850 worth of travel costs (up to $350 in hotel and $500 in airfare)
* Customer responsible for any airline charges exceeding $500
* Booking through broker assigned by Next Stage Promotions
* Participating airlines subject to broker's discretion, but broker uses all major airlines
* Must redeem at least 90 days prior to desired travel dates

Everything depends on the booking agent....very fishy....

I was going to give bano green for posting a very helpful link. And I surely will, should he drop "if it sounds too good to be true..." from his post. This is a backward phrase, inhibiting progress. It should never surface on Fatwallet - or reader will be turned away from many exceptional opportunities (actually, the only reason to be here)

Back on topic: as bano's link concludes - this is not one of them
bano said:   Like I told my wife this morning when she called me about this, if it sounds too good to be true...

A great deal from a reputable vendor that requires 15 minutes listening to a timeshare pitch works for us.

If you don't know how to induce the salesman to send to packing ASAP, run away.

tell us more. Fatwallet loves timeshare tour opportunities
DSJ said:   A great deal from a reputable vendor that requires 15 minutes listening to a timeshare pitch works for us.

If you don't know how to induce the salesman to send to packing ASAP, run away.

SinglePapa said:   I was going to give bano green for posting a very helpful link. And I surely will, should he drop "if it sounds too good to be true..." from his post. This is a backward frase, inhibiting progress. It should never surface on Fatwallet - or reader will be turned away from many exceptional opportunities (actually, the only reason to be here)

Back on topic: as bano's link concludes - this is not one of them
bano said:   Like I told my wife this morning when she called me about this, if it sounds too good to be true...

Ok. You can keep your green.

I'm not going to give you green since you misspelled phrase.

We're even.

We have had this same scam exposed previously on FW, as well.

As you indicated, when something sounds too good to be true, then it probably isn't.

sorry for misspelling. And yes, this particular "special" got thumbed down earlier this spring. But "sounds" and "probably" is harmful to the reader seeking pertinent information, on which to base one's decision

Yup, it sets off the scamdar.

Thanks, bano. I greatly benefit from your link.
BTW, what is Dismembered Member?

be careful,,,,

The up-to-$150 per person in "taxes and fees" and the must-book-90-days-out look like the biggest catches. For me, not knowing the location or quality of the hotel is an issue. As discussed on FlyerTalk, I think you'd be better off putting together a package on your own. Even if you use Priceline for the hotel you'd still have more control over the quality of hotel you're getting than these folks seem to be offering.

$99

Value:
(up to)
$850
Discount:
(up to)
88%
You Save:
(up to)
$751

Deal sold out on: May 22, 2012
1700 bought

doesn't prove anything, except that empty "TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE" comments are not a Fatwallet way to assess offers

SinglePapa said:   doesn't prove anything, except that empty "TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE" comments are not a Fatwallet way to assess offersTo the contrary, it proves that 1700 people got ripped off because they didn't stop to think that the offer was too good to be true.

actually, proves nothing. But you could prove that you're smarter than those 1700 only via actual numbers

Hi guys, this deal came out again today July 28th, and I thought the same as you guys ... too good to be true, so I was searching and finally found this forum.I wish I could meet any of those 1700 people who bought last time and I cannot find any reviews or complaints about this last deal to see if I am going to buy this deal today or not....

larissaalmeidarl said:   I wish I could meet any of those 1700 people who bought last time and I cannot find any reviews or complaints about this last deal to see if I am going to buy this deal today or not....

Send $7.95 via Western Union and I'll facilitate the introductions.

SinglePapa said:   doesn't prove anything, except that empty "TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE" comments are not a Fatwallet way to assess offers

Being highly skeptical of offers is a great way to assess offers the "Fatwallet Way". A fool and his money are easily parted.

A good Fatwallet user is skeptical until proven otherwise and avoids obvious scams.

If it seems too good to be true it probably is a scam.

There is no such thing as a truly free lunch and there is no such thing as 20%+ Cash Back without serious catches/fine print.

Thanks to all, especially Single Papa. Although we all want to be mindful, and responsible when making our own choices...many good deals slip by those who are certain they're simply "too good to be true."

Personally, I hope those 1700 had FABULOUS and ridiculously inexpensive getaways!

One of the catches: Few people are going to fly to Vegas or Orlando, stay 2 days. They will book additional rooms at the same hotel, company charge you the full rack rate, typically as much as double the going rate, pocket the difference.
How do I know this? Same thing happened to me during one of the infamous Dockers hotel stay promotions, which was for something like 2 nights. We added a couple of days in New Orleans, thought the rate was a bit high at the time but initially went along - until the specific property was identified, we did some research, insisted on (and ultimately received) a partial refund.

talutes said:   Thanks to all, especially Single Papa. Although we all want to be mindful, and responsible when making our own choices...many good deals slip by those who are certain they're simply "too good to be true."

Personally, I hope those 1700 had FABULOUS and ridiculously inexpensive getaways!
SinglePapa or a shill from the promoter??

Hi,

I bought 3 of these Vegas vouchers through www.kgbdeals.com (2 for my wife and I, and 1 as a gift for a friend). I am not happy, and I probably did get scammed. You purchase the voucher and then have to redeem them online. This is the equivalent of exchanging the voucher for their reservation forms, which they say can take up to 3 weeks to receive in the mail. Sounds fishy because what business would not send a printable file through email and save the company time and postage? I redeemed my voucher on June 17th and still have not received any forms in the mail. Each time I contact Next Stage Promotions, they tell me they need additional information and that they are still processing the "unique id" for my reservation forms. I hope I actually get the forms and the vacation. I read the fine print about the extra fees before I purchased the vouchers and I was fine with that. I was planning on going to Vegas in late October. It does not look like it is going to happen. I will not buy from Next Stage Promotions or www.kgbdeals.com again.

enough shills here. I'd love to talk extraordinary deals instead. Looking for Orlando Aug.28-Sep.4; not high season. I see a lot of low hotel quotes. But any EXTRAORDINARY ideas?

Same w/us. I just wrote in about this. We purchased ours in July and redeemed our voucher on line but have yet to hear back from someone. Nothing has come via email either. We wanted to take our trip in Nov to Vegas as well..but doesn't look like it's going to happen either since it has to be 90 days out. I did write to KGB deals about this, as we should be covered by them in a circumstance as this. Please let me know if you hear from anyone about your voucher. Thanks!

Do not buy this deal. NExt Stage Promotions who is the "company" behind this, is scamming people.

1. Every Co. selling anything is "scamming people", as Co. generates profit thanks to your patronage. It's up to every consumer to work hard for successful deal. That being said:

who sees a truly EXTRAORDINARY Orlando Hotel opportunity Aug.29-Sept.4; I'm trying to beat some cheap offers of $20/day for no frills or $60/day four-star!

Yeah, I bought the deal through ZEXZOO. A Daily Deals website. This gave me the deal through NEXT STAGE PROMOTIONS. I Bought July 15th, and redeemed the day after so I can fly to Orlando as soon as possible and take my girlfriend. Well Next Stage promised to contact me 1-3 weeks with reservation forms and from a broker. Never happened. for the last 3 weeks I've been getting the same response. That they need my name, voucher number and blah blah. Its all automated obviously. And their contact number is just a third party receptionist hotline that answer for them and forward "our" messages to them. Still haven't done shit for me. I told the lady today that a vein is popping out of my head and im going to have an aneurysm because these effing people are stressing me out. Well ZEXZOO gave me my refund, but Im not satisfied with that alone, SO im going to hunt down these next stage people.

I am having the same experience with Next Stage as what you describe. Purchased our trip thru Tippr. I did the three week thing too. Now I have been contacting Next Stage asking for the Reservation Kit that was promised. Every time they tell me that it will come in 48 hours and it never does. I am asked for all the information repeatedly. It is very frustrating. I think this is a SCAM and would avoid this deal! Don't get involved with anything from Next Stage or Tippr.

I NEED HELP! I wish I would have found this forum earlier. I purchased this voucher back in May and of course never got a response from anyone. I am now looking to get a refund from Tippr but of course the phone number gives you the run around and eventually kicks you to a voicemail. I sent them an email but I have a feeling I'm not going to get a response. Can anyone offer some guidance as to what can be done to seek a refund? Thanks in advance for ANY help.

Next Stage Promotions is a fake company, they never book trip for you ,just sell the coupon,

Same experience here. GF Purchased 6/30/12, redeemed 8/17/12, two emails with no reply to next stage promotions, live chat with next stage promotions on 8/23/12 saying they would arrive 1-3 weeks after redemption date. IT is now 9/15 and nothing. live chat link on next stage promotions now drops you to the sales page for the chat support vendor.

We're going to try going round and round with Tippr but I'm telling the GF let's just go straight to bank dispute.

Folks I am thinking this whole thing sounds fishy. You buy a 'voucher' that is 'valid for a year' and if you wait very long to 'redeem' it for your 'reservation forms' then you may pass the bank dispute window if you wait. And this isn't even getting into the other nonsense previous posters have described (hidden 'extra' fees, 'timeshare presentations' etc) not to mention what crummy commuter airline and third-rate fleapad they may put you in.

UPDATE: I wanted to let everyone (especially the ones who bought this) that I got in contact with Tippr via email and they did refund the full $99 back. I had to email them SEVERAL times and they always gave me the run around but finally a representative named "Marie" emailed me back and told me that I'd be getting my money back. I checked my account and 3 days later it was there. I hope everyone that got scammed like I did gets their money back!

I'm so glad I found this Forum before I purchased from Tippr and Next Stage Promotions. Sorry to everyone who lost money, I hope less people get scammed this next round.

I did this deal and wanted the same days on the weekend, they did email me back but said my Flight cost would be $550 and i would owe $250 I checked ALL airlines and no flgihts were that much. I emailed back saying that and my days were flexible and I dont want to pay that much. No email back and its been a month. Just called them and they said they would call back, we will see. Dont waste your time or money.

:QOurs was a DealPigg Orlando/Vegas 3 day/2 night for $125. It said $500 flight credit and hotel stay valued at up to $350. I actually got all the way through the Next Stage Promotions maze fairly quickly and they sent me an itinerary for my dates. The drawback is they claim the package is $756. They deduct the $500, leaving a balance of $256.00, then say it will also be an extra $149.00 per person. $554, plus I already paid $125....$679.00 total. I can book it myself for exact same flight & room for $644....some bargain, huh? Anyone gone through DealPigg for a refund?

Skipping 20 Messages...
is there a way we could start a class action lawsuit? I bought a voucher through KGB and this company is clearly a scam.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014