• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
2DCOOPER3973 I can't believe I fell for this too. I only did because it was offered thru our local paper's deal of the day, so thought it was credible. I actually paid $139. So, dcooper, did you get a refund from DealPigg (which is what mine was thru)? If so, who did you contact? Thanks for any info you can give!! PS I bought mine back in May and have tried to redeem twice with no response from Next Stage!

Guys, do not fall this scam. I finally got my refund (within 6 hours) after I threaten to sue Tippr.

Your purchase has been cancelled.
Hi Mir,
Unfortunately, your purchase has been cancelled for $99 for a 2-Night Hotel Stay and Round-Trip Airfare to Las Vegas or Orlando for 2 People ($850 Value). The amount due of $-99.00 will be refunded to your credit card within 3-5 days, and any credits you used for this purchase will be returned to your account.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide more detailed information regarding this unsuccessful purchase. Please contact your bank to learn more about this transaction. Possible reasons include:

Incorrect billing information
Cancelled credit card
The transaction was terminated at your request

If you have questions or concerns about this cancellation, please contact our support team using the information below. We hope you'll purchase with us again.
Thank you,
Tippr
support@Tippr.com

Its a big Scam. Totally avoid this travel agency or promotions whatever its called as. They ask you to pay $399 for a two night 3 day hotel stay and airfare for two package of $850 value. But, its totally fake and misleading. If a trip plan would cost you $1000, you should be only paying $150 after purchasing the $399 valued package, but, they will give a inflated air fare and a very costly hotel. Even if you book the same flight and hotel at your own price, it will not cost you less than half the price of what they quote. OVer that, they will impose brokerage fees of $150 per person.

So, ultimately, you pay $399(voucher price ) + $300 ( brokerage fees ) to buy a $850 valued voucher. But, out of $850, they will credit only $500 airfare. If you ask for $350 remaining hotel value, they will tell, its not credit, its a $350 valued hotel which we have to buy from out pocket... what a joke.... some websites are giving this voucher as a deal for $99, even if its given free of cost, its not at all worth in any aspect. Apart from losing your money, the quality time of yours and peace of mind will be at a toss during the process.

Bottom line, if you book a flight for two with a 2 night stay in a same hotel and flight of same airlines / same date / same time / same class, and it costed you $1500 ( if you booked on your own ), the same itinerary will be offered by next stage promotions for $ 2400 - $3000. Totally avoid this scam. Moreover, you would have to spend more than 4 weeks - 6 weeks to redeem the voucher and book the tickets. By that time, the flight and hotel charges would have increased further....

fyi - you cannot contact them over phone while booking ticket. Its only via email. And, suppose if they offered you one itinerary and you didnt like it, you only have another two chances to make changes to it confirming your trip. and all these communications is via email only with its own delay.

As said, AVOID.

FYI I purchased two of these vouchers and have been given the run around by both Tippr and Next Stage. Both are saying they paid each other MY MONEY for the vouchers so they can't refund. I've just filed a complaint with the BBB. We'll see what happens.

klsteph said:    I've just filed a complaint with the BBB. We'll see what happens.That would be nothing probably.

The BBB is a private business marketing firm, not some official, government entity; they have no power to do anything. All they can do is "ask" their members (the companies that pay dues and support them) to respond to consumer complaints -- and of course, if a company is not a member, they have no power at all.

jaimelobo said:   klsteph said:    I've just filed a complaint with the BBB. We'll see what happens.That would be nothing probably.

The BBB is a private business marketing firm, not some official, government entity; they have no power to do anything. All they can do is "ask" their members (the companies that pay dues and support them) to respond to consumer complaints -- and of course, if a company is not a member, they have no power at all.

I actually filed it against Tippr. But, you're probably right. I just had to do SOMETHING. I couldn't just sit and do nothing.

Any other suggestions?

Tippr says they can't refund the $99 voucher because they paid Next Stage. Next Stage says Tippr hasn't paid them. Ugh.

klsteph said:   jaimelobo said:   klsteph said:    I've just filed a complaint with the BBB. We'll see what happens.That would be nothing probably.

I actually filed it against Tippr. But, you're probably right. I just had to do SOMETHING. I couldn't just sit and do nothing.

Any other suggestions?

Tippr says they can't refund the $99 voucher because they paid Next Stage. Next Stage says Tippr hasn't paid them. Ugh.
Dispute with your CC?

Tippr is back with another rip-off deal! Spread around and tell your friends to avoid!

https://tippr.com/offer/promotion-for-on-sell-vacations-5-night-resort-stay-in-mexico-/

I'm disputing mine with Chase (credit card).

Chase has already credited my account and is researching with Tippr.

It's not worth it. You can read these reviews below, one of which I wrote. Tippr does not take responsibility for Vendor Scams. Next Stage promotions is the vender for this package and they do not make it worth it. Basically they hike up the prices $600-1000 so that no one in their right mind would redeem.

http://seattle.citysearch.com/profile/603489412/seattle_wa/tippr_com.html

For example the quoted me $550 per person to fly from Seattle to Vegas on a red eye on Alaska Airlines. I looked directly at Alaska Airlines website and for $400 I could fly first class at anytime of the day I wanted.

Additional charges then apply from the broker of $199
addition "per person" charge of $149 x2 was added (for 2 people using the voucher)

DO NOT USE Tippr OR NEXT STAGE. They don't care about you. They want to take your money and change there phone number and address to make it near impossible to be contacted.

Everyone should file a complaint with the Attorney General's office, consumer protection division

and

Federal Trade Commission 1-877-382-4357

It's really strength in numbers.

Complete rip off. I didn't even get to the point of getting an itinerary for my dates. I did all that was requested and made sure everything was on time. I emailed many times with no response what so ever from Next Stage. I am mad at Tippr they need to investigate the companies they use. I am now very leary of all Tippr deals they offer especially any of the travel ones. They should honor their customers and pay back the $99 to everyone that got ripped off with this fraudulent deal.

they scammed me.. this sucks.

Just tried to book a trip to Florida using the voucher. Received a quote back that my additional cost would be $1,055. I found cheaper on Expedia. This is how they make money, they know people aren't going to pay this much. According to the voucher the extra cost was only going to be no more than $150 per person in fees and any difference in airfare. The voucher is supposed to worth $850, so why is there an additional $1,055? I think that's the scam. They are making $99 minus what they are giving Tippr. Does anyone know who I can repot this fraud to?

I also got ripped off on this deal. Purchased it and it is impossible to get it booked. It is as if they want to frustrate you so that you will give up and just let the $99 deposit go. Sent in a request for refund to Tippr on my Tippr account and it has been 4 days without even a return email. Tippr seems to be ignoring the problem. I went on Tippr today and they are again selling the trip even though it is a complete scam. Tippr obviously does not care about their clients all they want is to get their money. Once they have the money there is no service from Tippr. They seem to be no better than the ripoff company selling the trip. Frank

Chris Dear, Mar 20 10:33 (PDT):
David,

Thanks for your inquiry.

After clarifying some information with management and with the merchant, I must inform you that no refunds will be issued for this purchase.
However, the merchant has offered to provide either alternative offers in place of this travel package, or a way to modify the details and/or reduce the amount expressed in your final itinerary.

You can express your desire to participate in either of these alternatives by continuing to work with Steve or Simone, but we cannot request or process refunds for the offer you purchased.

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience.

Chris
Support

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

david henderson, Mar 08 18:42 (PST):
This is a follow-up to your previous request #207658 "vouchers to orlando"

I seem to be getting conflicting info from simone. One email she sent was a quote for 3 passengers, now she is saying i can only have two passengers. I am now working w a steve from her company. If i cant use the voucher for 3, then i want a refund for both vouchers as this is horrible customer service. I have been trying to redeem these vouchers since november.

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

--my reply

So, because of inferior customer service, i cannot get a refund? This is VERY INCONVENIENT and i do not have any desire to continue this months long charade of back and forth emails that take weeks to answer. I will report this to the better business bureau and anyone else i can think of. This is a SCAM and will make sure i give bad reports to anyone i know that wants to use this sham of a service.

thank you for taking my money and wasting my time.

--these are a few of the emails i sent to Tippr and their other partners in scam NEXT STAGE promotions...

after MONTHS of trying to redeem these vouchers only to be sent conflicting info and links that do not work, i will get NO REFUND ....please dont waste your money...this is a SCAM and the proof is above....

I purchased 2 Orlando tickets and 1 Paris ticket good for 2... So stupid of me to do such thing. I was actually thinking that it's reputable as Groupon or LivingSocial. Was there anyone of you who got a refund? It always shows that a lot of people buy those deals and I can't see any complaint or whatsoever.

can you let me know if they'll give you the refund? I have tried opening the app and it says error... I think I have wasted more than $300 for those tickets.

Dispute with your bank or credit card company. They should refund you and then deal with Tippr and/or Next Stage on behalf of you.

is there a way we could start a class action lawsuit? I bought a voucher through KGB and this company is clearly a scam.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014