• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Princess Cruises
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I did try my own advice before posting. I actually called Princess and got the details on the rate which I posted above... (more)

uafgrad (Jun. 10, 2012 @ 8:57p) |

Again..read their terms: (Travel Agents Only) and (These fares may not be advertised on the Internet). Nothing to "assum... (more)

respdoc (Jun. 10, 2012 @ 9:38p) |

wiseguy (gets green for that) beat respdoc on 1 count: admitted that $399 rate (to be clear: double the OP rate) hasn't ... (more)

SinglePapa (Jun. 11, 2012 @ 1:26a) |

This happens to be an easy $199 to clinch - but only as long as the rates last. The most successful FatWallet story of 2011 was: CHASE sent targeted offers of 100,000 points = $1000 bonus. So those who originally received 50,000 said: "darn, 100,000 was targeted - so I can't have it". All others who e-mailed CHASE asking to match - got 100,000!!

Use it - or lose it. Don't forget to thank
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I see that these are travel agent prices--not sure how to get this price if you are not an agent.

How do you actually get these prices?

silentbob007 said:   How do you actually get these prices?

Work for a travel agency.

It says "Travel Agents Only" at the very very top. In the T & C it suggests only certain agents can offer this either to their employees or possibly regular customers. So is it available for anyone?

I will not investigate, since I'm on East Coast. Everyone, kindly post your results!

please clarify how is this a good deal? can anyone get this??

SinglePapa said:   I will not investigate, since I'm on East Coast. Everyone, kindly post your results!

Not too much to "investigate", Scooby. It says "Travel Agents Only" clearly on the top.

Travel Agent prices ONLY....uggg.

Skepticism is a simplistic approach, as opposed to FatWallet approach. I suggest that those interested in clinching the West Coast deal - act determined and fast. I'm sure that $199 price will not last as bookings pick up. And remember not to fall for any "switch" or "airfare load"

SinglePapa said:   Skepticism is a simplistic approach, as opposed to FatWallet approach.

Unless you're suggesting the "FatWallet" approach including lying and/or not using basic reading skills... for "Travel Agents only" means "Travel Agents Only".

respdoc, you are obviously not interested. There is no reason to be telling everyone who is interested - that they can't have it.

One easy way to test the waters is to post your dates to Cruise Compete - and then direct the "agents" as appropriate. I'm sure there are other ways for those who want to get the (obviously existing) price.

I really don't get the logic behind $199pp cruise mixed with $899pp. I dont want to sound too snobby, but someone paying $899pp would rather pay the 20% more and have the place 50% less crowded with 50% more amentities (don't mind using amentities in the lower decks). $199 deal attracts so many trash into the boat. When I was in college I really appreciated these deals, but stick the 199 crowds with alike.

SinglePapa said:   respdoc, you are obviously not interested. There is no reason to be telling everyone who is interested - that they can't have it.

One easy way to test the waters is to post your dates to Cruise Compete - and then direct the "agents" as appropriate. I'm sure there are other ways for those who want to get the (obviously existing) price.

I am interested, but since I am not a travel agent....fraud is not my thing.

A correct title/first post (with all requirements to get the deal) should be in this thread.

...or let someone (interested in going) try. This topic gave them enough info; good info, and not ripped from other Travel websites. And again, I wouldn't expect this rate to last as interest picks up. Let the pioneer win - and you respdoc lose

SinglePapa said:   ...or let someone (interested in going) try. This topic gave them enough info; good info, and not ripped from other Travel websites. And again, I wouldn't expect this rate to last as interest picks up. Let the pioneer win - and you respdoc lose

As noted by your increasing red thread rating...fraudulent schemes is not the "Fatwallet" approach.

Just as your idol Bernie proved..the only loser in the end, will be people like you.

respdoc, your skeptical labels generated reds. It obviously makes you feel better. Those who want this deal - will get it, and that's the only important thing

To whoever is interested, why don't you just call your travel agent and see if they can make the deal happen. It's a legit deal on the official website and if there is a legit way that a travel agent can offer it to their customers I am sure he/she will. What's the fuss all about, respdoc?

I love fraud... makes me feel alive

This deal is actually available to ANYONE who is employed by any airline, FedEx and/or DHL. The "Travel Agents Only" note on top is because only TAs have access to find the deal. The promo code is at the bottom, and rates will be given with this promo code if you work for one of those companies. You can call Princess directly and book with this promo code.

The 7 day north or south bound trips will need a flight to or from Ancorage that will cost a lot more than the cruise. The 14 day round trips would be a better deal if you can get away for 14 days.

Yes macdave: it's time to live like the French, 10 vacation weeks a year! US's donation to IMF is 10% of the total; who do you think will bail half the Europe out - you will!

I 100% agree that transfer is a very real part of cruising cost. Hence my personal interest in only East Coast cruise deals.

Updated: there was a recent post about Alaska Air introductory one-way fares. Look into it

you appear the only one to have done homework. I challenge proud clickers of "no brain utilized, whatsoever" RED button to post an inside cruise quote, which hasn't appeared on any other travel forum. As to "Princess directly": where is the value in "directly"? An agent might have a perk, or goodwill for a separate project

uafgrad said:   This deal is actually available to ANYONE who is employed by any airline, FedEx and/or DHL. The "Travel Agents Only" note on top is because only TAs have access to find the deal. The promo code is at the bottom, and rates will be given with this promo code if you work for one of those companies. You can call Princess directly and book with this promo code.

SinglePapa said:    I challenge proud clickers of "no brain utilized, whatsoever" RED button to post an inside cruise quote, which hasn't appeared on any other travel forum.

Well since it says right on the ad: "These fares may not be advertised on the Internet" that might be the reason.

Following their requirements isn't hard. Abuse them..and they just won't offer these types of deals. Not a difficult concept to understand.

Sad part is you're not hurting yourself since you'll just come up with some other fraud scheme...but the legit people that could benefit from this offer (travel agents and other possible qualified fields).

Sad part is that you made a deliberate effort to torpedo one of the most useful and usable topics of the year. This is Fatwallet. People, who do not seek to pay retail for goods and services, come here - as opposed to other forums. OP has given these people enough, short of buying them a cruise - to know where to go and what the inside price is. But you saw it (as your required daily contribution to Fatwallet??) to fill the topic (in which you had no interest to begin with) with false information - and your efforts made this topic practically invisible to thousands of Fatwallet readers who qualify for the offer. You can take a break now after the job well done

SinglePapa said:   Sad part is that you made a deliberate effort to torpedo one of the most useful and usable topics of the year. This is Fatwallet. People, who do not seek to pay retail for goods and services, come here - as opposed to other forums. OP has given these people enough, short of buying them a cruise - to know where to go and what the inside price is. But you saw it (as your required daily contribution to Fatwallet??) to fill the topic (in which you had no interest to begin with) with false information - and your efforts made this topic practically invisible to thousands of Fatwallet readers who qualify for the offer. You can take a break now after the job well done

Sad people like you exist and somehow think part of finding a deal has to involve fraud.

Your assumption is also off..given I am looking at taking a "cheap Alaskan cruise."

Now I could be wrong..but I'm thinking I will be able to find one someday without using deception or lies.

If you happen to find one of those...feel free to let the rest of us know.

you're only digging yourself deeper into the hole: if you were interested in buying the $199 Alaska cruise, why would you post false statements above and derail the entire topic? It's obvious that you had no interest in checking the rates - just in making false posts to kill yet another topic.

Go ahead: show your contribution to cruising. I'm always ears for a great East Coast deal

SinglePapa said:   you're only digging yourself deeper into the hole: if you were interested in buying the $199 Alaska cruise, why would you post false statements above and derail the entire topic? It's obvious that you had no interest in checking the rates - just in making false posts to kill yet another topic.

Nothing "false" about my statements.

If you dont know/can't read the ad..I don't know how to help you.

It is intended for a small group of individuals (Travel Agents and a possible other select group of delivery people).

You already prided yourself (yesterday) in knowing how to read English. So do my fifth-graders. Those rates are NOT for travel agent cruising WHATSOEVER. Again, no less than thousands of Fatwallet readers qualify for that offer - but your only contribution to this topic was to make it invisible to them. Enough of the nonsense: if you can contribute anything to excellent cruise deals - then you're welcomed to the topic. If you want to discuss politics, religion, education, mental health - open your own topic

respdoc said:   SinglePapa said:   I will not investigate, since I'm on East Coast. Everyone, kindly post your results!

Not too much to "investigate", Scooby. It says "Travel Agents Only" clearly on the top.

You really make a lot of assumptions and accusations without doing proper research. How is that valuable?

As a travel agent, I feel compelled to comment here.

The travel agent rates are just that - for travel agents (not really sure why you are convinced that "Those rates are NOT for travel agent cruising WHATSOEVER" - where is your proof??). They may also be applicable to "interline" employees (like airlines, freight handlers, etc), but, for the most part, they are reduced rates so that agents can go on a cruise at a discounted rate so that they can better share their experience with others.

SinglePapa - your assertion that this thread is "one of the most useful and usable topics of the year" is ridiculous at best (would the masses on this board agree with your comment??). It may be useful for travel agents who were not aware of this promo, but, that may be all. It may be useful from the perspective that it points out the "usefulness" of the stuff you post on travel deals. But, for the masses, it is not useful. Even your 5th graders would understand that. When you call to reserve, they will ask you for valid travel agent credentials, and when you cannot provide it, you will not get this promo rate. So, waste of time for most.

When most folks post a "deal" on FW, they can usually validate it. They do not encourage others to go and see if it is true, which is what you repeatedly did on this thread. Even if you would not have benefited directly from this deal, why did you not spend the 3 minutes to call Princess or an agent directly to see if you could get it yourself? Is THAT not the "FW way"?

IMO, Respdoc made some really valid points in his comments - this is NOT the FW way. At least not the FW that I know, love and appreciate.

For everyone else - there ARE some great deals to Alaska - even some $399 Oceanview cabins available for this summer, which is the cheapest that I have seen in over 10 years that I have been doing this. Call your local travel agent for more info...

uafgrad said:   
You really make a lot of assumptions and accusations without doing proper research.

Read the post above from an actual agent. Next time, try your own advice before pretending to educate anyone else.

respdoc said:   uafgrad said:   
You really make a lot of assumptions and accusations without doing proper research.

Read the post above from an actual agent. Next time, try your own advice before pretending to educate anyone else.

I did try my own advice before posting. I actually called Princess and got the details on the rate which I posted above. You did none of the sort, yet made all sorts of assumptions and accusations before I even posted the details. And the TA who posted above? Useful information, but s/he too did not have the details on the rate. I did. And you could have had the info too had you taken the time to call Princess before slamming the post.

Now, should the OP have checked this out before posting? Absolutely. But he did not. As such, before slamming a post and screaming 'fraud', it would have made sense to check the rate out yourself.

uafgrad said:   respdoc said:   uafgrad said:   

I did try my own advice before posting. I actually called Princess and got the details on the rate which I posted above. You did none of the sort, yet made all sorts of assumptions and accusations before I even posted the details. And the TA who posted above? Useful information, but s/he too did not have the details on the rate. I did. And you could have had the info too had you taken the time to call Princess before slamming the post.

Now, should the OP have checked this out before posting? Absolutely. But he did not. As such, before slamming a post and screaming 'fraud', it would have made sense to check the rate out yourself.

Again..read their terms: (Travel Agents Only) and (These fares may not be advertised on the Internet). Nothing to "assume" when it's there in plain English. They also have the right to reserve/restrict this offer to whomever they see fit.

Two clowns trying to figure out scams get to take advantage of this offer...changes nothing.

wiseguy (gets green for that) beat respdoc on 1 count: admitted that $399 rate (to be clear: double the OP rate) hasn't been seen in over ten years! On his part, respdoc made 10 posts with zero information. It goes to his 3000 posts on this website, a pastime. In the vastness of the internet, members scan Fatwallet for shrewd ideas. For lessons in everything else - I go to my congregation, where I was pointedly taught: when you start hearing how honest they are and how small everyone else is, grab a hold of your wallet

Updated: demagoguery will not end before the RATE ends. Readers qualifying for $199 fare exceed the berths that Princess will allow to be filled, before hiking rates. Profitable entities, unlike those merely reading English, understand the survivorship bias. Survivorship bias, as applied to this topic, means that people who act and book an excellent rate - will not be clicking anything in this topic. The only "clickers" here are with priorities far removed from "Cheap Alaskan cruise". Those interested in cheap Alaskan cruise are out of luck in "Travel discussion": no information will come here that beats the single-lined OP. No one who books $199 cruise - will post here. Here you have it

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 1:30AM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.