• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Everyone here was so helpful with my St. Louis/Memphis/Nashville request, I figured I would tap the collective FW hive again for any tips on Sea World and Disneyland for late July.

It's been decades since I've been to Disneyland so, needless to say, the current ticket prices seem outrageous. We were thinking a 1-day park-hopper ticket, but wonder if it is even possible to do both sites in a day. I've seen some stories about the sale of used multi-day tickets on Craiglist, but there also seems to be a bunch of fraud there too. It's just the thought of dropping almost $400 for a family of three (two adults and a nine-year old) for the privilege of waiting in line for maybe a handful of rides seems almost anti-FW. I'm wishing I could convince the family to do Knott's instead. I noticed their prices seem as cheap as ever, or maybe it's just in comparison, and I don't ever remember waiting in long lines there either. It was my favorite as a kid.

For Sea World, it seems $53 a ticket is the best I saw. There might be a $49 ticket available at a family member's work. So is that about the best I can hope for?

Thanks.

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I'm from SoCal and I used to be a Tour Guide. Your best bet is looking at bestticketshere.com. I've done business with them for a few years and they are 100% legit. They have both places you are looking for. Mention you are from Slickdeals and they will know it's from me. Hope this helps. Good luck!

MarieL1778 said:   I'm from SoCal and I used to be a Tour Guide. Your best bet is looking at bestticketshere.com. I've done business with them for a few years and they are 100% legit. They have both places you are looking for. Mention you are from Slickdeals and they will know it's from me. Hope this helps. Good luck!

-_-

Slickdeals! This is FW.

That said, the site mentioned is just selling Sea World and others at basic prices. Its Disneyland Hopper tickets, though, are interesting in that they are renting a day off a multi-day ticket. Against Disney terms, but reviews seem to indicate it works. Any, other, experiences with this method?

I just was at Disneyland two weeks ago. Unless you want to wait in LONG lines, I'd skip California Adventure unless you really need to see Cars Land. The whole park is a pretty big disappointment, though I was there a few days before all the new stuff opened. Stick with the Magic Kingdom all day. No need to park hop. Unless you are willing to go risky routes for tickets, you are not going to find any discounts for a 1-day ticket.

We used Ares Travel via Mousesavers and it was only a small dollar discount.

I'll cheer this one on; and maybe the quality of replies magicly elevates... Megamands appears in the lead (with a face)

WideOpenSpaces said:   I just was at Disneyland two weeks ago. Unless you want to wait in LONG lines, I'd skip California Adventure unless you really need to see Cars Land. The whole park is a pretty big disappointment, though I was there a few days before all the new stuff opened. Stick with the Magic Kingdom all day. No need to park hop. Unless you are willing to go risky routes for tickets, you are not going to find any discounts for a 1-day ticket.

We used Ares Travel via Mousesavers and it was only a small dollar discount.

Thanks. The nine-year-old is a Cars fan and keeps mentioning Mulholland Madness, so, unfortunately, I'm thinking California Adventure is leading the way. But, yeah, I've heard horror stories about the Cars area even before the whole new opening. So I can only imagine the length of waits now. Except for the "renting" option, there doesn't seem to be much out there for savings.

Update (to fill in any gaps): It looks like FW cleaned up some of the rogue marketing comments preempting this response.

AmazingDad said:   MikeChris said:   There is a website you can go to that sells discounted disneyland hopper tickets. Since ticket prices are skyrocketing right now, it best to find alternatives. So far, this site is the best that I have found. They are legitimate and very cheap too. Happy vacation to you.
That's where I got my tickets too.. *two thumbs up*

What are the chances that MikeChris and AmazingDad, who are both new members registering at the same time (Sept 2012), and both comment within minutes of each other in an old thread, are working for this ticketing agency? It screams "strange coincidence."

Factoring this type of promoting, beware of using these types of ticketing agencies/practices. Maybe it works for some or many, but I'm just saying something seems shady.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014