• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
American Express membership points 40% bonus for British Airways Avios

Limited Time Offer
Receive 40% more Avios with BA

http://www.membershiprewards.com/catalog/travel/TravelPartner.as...

Member Summary

American express (106.58kB)
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:

You can get a 30% bonus on Virgin America Elevate points

LINK

I was told these "exchanges" are only available to charge cards -- i.e. cards that generally have an annual fee.

Does anyone know if AMEX has a charge card that is free?

TIA

BA miles are useless except for flight within US.

They charge high fee and tax for outside US flight.

One more thing is if you exchange tix through BA.com by using CC then you get charge for foreign transaction fee.

Too bad you can't transfer out of Avios

yueren said:   BA miles are useless except for flight within US.

They charge high fee and tax for outside US flight.

One more thing is if you exchange tix through BA.com by using CC then you get charge for foreign transaction fee.

You my friend are VERY misinformed, should avoid speading false information.

Avios can be redeem for flights on partners, including AA, AS, HA; more importantly, redemption is based on distance flown rather than destination.

For example: We recently booked 2 RT tickets on AS from SAN to SJD over NYE - 30k total Avios for 2 round trips. Although it is only a 2 hour flight, less than 1k miles, both AA and AS consider it an international flight, require 17.5k miles in each direction - 70k for 2 round trips. We had to pay ~ $200 in taxes in fees, which are requied by the Mexican Govt for ALL carriers.

Similar advantages apply for booking flights to Hawaii from the West Coast; East Coast to the Carribean, Mexican Riveria, Canada.

So while Avios are not the best for longer distance flights, BA like most non-US carriers adds excessive fees for longer distance flights, Avios can be a SUPERIOR value.

I will likely regret sharing this information, as abuse could kill the goose laying the golden eggs.

Shank said:   

I will likely regret sharing this information, as abuse could kill the goose laying the golden eggs.

This is the exact reason people are uninformed is due to elitists like you feeling like this info is "too good to share"

Why even post here? Wouldnt flyer talk be a better place for an elitist?

dayjayvw said:   yueren said:   

This is the exact reason people are uninformed is due to elitists like you feeling like this info is "too good to share"

Why even post here? Wouldnt flyer talk be a better place for an elitist?
You know, none of what Shank revealed is exactly top secret.

Anyone, with even a passing knowledge of air carriers should know that mile programs generally transfer to partners and if they invests even a tiny bit of effort, they could go to their site an find the specifics.

jaimelobo said:   
You know, none of what Shank revealed is exactly top secret.

Anyone, with even a passing knowledge of air carriers should know that mile programs generally transfer to partners and if they invests even a tiny bit of effort, they could go to their site an find the specifics.

I agree, but I know there are tons of tricks (not loopholes) to maximizing Avios that most people don't know about. The point of the forum is to help others, and I think some of the more seasons miles people tend to forget why they're here.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014