Double Southwest Rapid Rewards points 9/13-11/15

Archived From: Travel Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Log in to your Southwest Rapid Rewards Account and check the promotions section (you may need to do this a couple of times). Eventually you should see "2012 Systemwide Double Points". You should have a link to register. Promo says new reservations only for flights between 9/13/12 and 11/15/12

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:

I can't seem to find it. Anyone else?

Try exactly this:
http://www.southwest.com
Login to rapid rewards using the login box under "Hello, XXXX"
Click on "My account", just under "Rapid Rewards Member"
Click on Promotions
Click on View All
At this point it may say No promotions, or just show you the Milwaukee promo
Click "My Rapid Rewards" in the line just under the main menu bar "Special Offers - Air-Hotel-Car-Vacations-Travel Guide - Rapid Rewards (not in the line below that that starts Snapshot-My Travel...
You should see the promo in the Promotions section

Or, try this Link

LK238 said:   Try exactly this:
http://www.southwest.com
Login to rapid rewards using the login box under "Hello, XXXX"
Click on "My account", just under "Rapid Rewards Member"
Click on Promotions
Click on View All
At this point it may say No promotions, or just show you the Milwaukee promo
Click "My Rapid Rewards" in the line just under the main menu bar "Special Offers - Air-Hotel-Car-Vacations-Travel Guide - Rapid Rewards (not in the line below that that starts Snapshot-My Travel...
You should see the promo in the Promotions section

Or, try this Link

Those directions worked perfectly. It was the only thing listed under promotions. (Center column of the page with orange Bullets) I probably won't be flying before November 15, but I registered anyways.

Registered. However, it won't work for my two upcoming trips - both of them were booked prior to Sep 13

If the price has not gone up and you did not use a discount you would lose, you might try canceling and rebooking since there is no penalty for doing so. I'm not sure it would work since you would receive a credit that was tied to the previous reservation, but it is worth a try.

LK238 said:   If the price has not gone up and you did not use a discount you would lose, you might try canceling and rebooking since there is no penalty for doing so. I'm not sure it would work since you would receive a credit that was tied to the previous reservation, but it is worth a try.
Book duplicate flight then cancel prior reservation.

Of course this would happen now. Just booked a flight. And for those saying just cancel and rebook...that doesn't work if the price is now higher.

I'm planning to travel on 11/15. I was going to use rapid rewards points to book the flight. Here's my question:

Should I pay cash for the flight to earn the double rewards points or should I just use the points that I already have? I know the points will never expire and I have a lot of planned travel in the future.

My two options:
Pay $5 and spend 11940 points ($5 reservation fee when booking with points)
Pay $210 and earn 2388 points (instead of the normal 1194)

If you pay with points, you can usually save the equivalent of about 1.7 cents/point hence the cost of this 11940 point flight is $5.00 + 202.98 = $207.98 and you earn no points.
If you pay with cash, the cost is $210, but you earn 2388 points worth about $40.60, so the net cost is around $170.
What to do depends on the likelihood you will be able to use the points you earn and the points you will not be spending on this flight.

enforcer2133 said:   Of course this would happen now. Just booked a flight. And for those saying just cancel and rebook...that doesn't work if the price is now higher.Sure it does, higher price means more points!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014