• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
hello every1
i want to travel from los angeles to newark . but every airline i went through showing like $200. so please suggest any way to get much cheaper than that price.

thanks in advance.

Member Summary

Ride (165.02kB)
Disclaimer
vinniemaddy said:   hello every1
i want to travel from los angeles to newark . but every airline i went through showing like $200. so please suggest any way to get much cheaper than that price.

thanks in advance.

You may want to try this?

keep it with you.. that will suit for you..

i guess u can do better

vinniemaddy said:   i guess u can do betterHitchhike?

Try this.

jaimelobo said:   vinniemaddy said:   i guess u can do betterHitchhike?

for "much cheaper than $200", you might need to sacrifice something else during 2,500 miles hitchhike

Greyhound is $288.

Try Kayak. They seem to have the best pricing. If you have the time, you can also set up a price alert. They will send you an email daily giving you the current price for the fare.

Welcome aboard

how much cheaper than $200 are you expecting??? no dates, no details, nothing.

SkyFwd said:   Try Kayak. They seem to have the best pricing. If you have the time, you can also set up a price alert. They will send you an email daily giving you the current price for the fare.

Welcome aboard

but not "much cheaper than 200" for a coast to coast flight...

$200, if it's round trip seems very reasonable. If it's one way...that still seems pretty reasonable. Airline tix are expensive, and have been for several years. There are a few deals I'm finding, but not usually "where you want to go." If you're flexible in destination, you may find a better deal. If you must fly to Newark, again I'd say that's pretty reasonable.

I just checked Southwest. $159 one way from LAX to Newark. Available every day in January. In December there are a bunch of spots going for $140 one way. In November a couple of $140 a $159 and a $176.

Too bad you didn't book last week when SW had their 40% off sale. I got a RT from Providence to LAX for $160. You should join their Click n' Save email alert program and get heads up on deals when they break. SW is always sending me cheap flight teasers, thats how I got the $160 RT fare.

Have you tried Fly.com for cheap flights? Check out the "Fare Calendars" tab and search NYC to Los Angeles -- the calendars will give you the best dates to fly to find the lowest fares over the next 90 days.

2 suggestions:

1. Priceline name your own price. I personaly don't use this because it's too risky, but at least you know if you can get a flight for that price or not.

2. I was on a site called MilePoint and they recently launched something. I think it's called foxflight, where you get other people to help you find a flight. I haven't tried it but it's worth looking into. Let us know what you think if you check it out.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014