• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Carnival just released a "pack and go" rate for this 5 night cruise departing (December 1, 2012) New Orleans bound for Progreso and Cozumel Mexico. The TOTAL including taxes and fees are as follows: Interior room Total 2 Travelers: $398.00 Gov't Fees/Taxes: $102.84 Total: $500.84. This equates to $50 person per night. Or if you like ocean-view it adds another $60 bucks to the deal total which equates to $56 per person per night.

For a family of four the deal is even better if all 4 share the same cabin. Interior room 4 Travelers Rate: Pack & Go $656.00 Subtotal
Total 4 Travelers: $656.00 Gov't Fees/Taxes: $205.68 Total: $861.68. This equates to $43 per person per night. Or if the family of 4 likes ocean-view it adds another $100 bucks to the deal total which equates to $48 per person per night.

Be advised the catch for this great rate states: Payment required in full at time of booking and no refunds. You cannot pick your stateroom. Carnival will assign you one at the level you book OR HIGHER. And lastly you will immediately owe $11.50 per person per day gratuities once on-board no matter which category you choose.

This can be found on www.carnival.com

Member Summary

Carnival Logo
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer

Carnival
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

not bad. Anything out of FL?

SinglePapa said:   not bad. Anything out of FL?
I've been planning a cruise for years, but still haven't pulled the trigger. I'm near Tampa, but Miami is usually cheaper for the same destination. You just have to juggle the cost to & from your port. Plus I'm a single traveler with prices based on double occupancy.

If you're really flexible about departure date, Cruise Hot Sheet has a nice color coded spreadsheet with base price & price/day. Just have to figure in your taxes & (offensive) tips. It's kinda fun (like following a e bay auction) watching your choice drop to a great price, then blam, it's gone.

So basically you have to pay another $230 on board so this would be over $1100 for four people.

Thanks.. We are going to take one.. if you live (and put down Ohio as your state) they cut the price even more on a few other dates.

by the way, gratuities are not required. just like restaurants that auto add gratuities, you can remove them and put $0. that is what i do and watch the waiter's reaction is a pure joy that is sweeter than any food they serve...

any idea where i can get a hold of a wife and two kids to make the deal work for me?

Its not that easy to cancel the auto gratuity
Group was locked in Restaurant for not paying auto gratuity

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014