Good but reasonably priced hotel in midtown NYC?

Archived From: Travel Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Can anyone recommend a good but reasonably/decently priced hotel in midtown NYC?

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

what is your definition of reasonably priced?

in the future, please add price range, as well as dates in your post.

I recently booked at the Hotel Mela which has an end of Summer Rate that is $250 a night. Not sure if it is available on the nights you are going. Haven't stayed there yet but it is a typical small room boutique NYC hotel. Close to Times Square. You most likely won't find anything less than that in the TS area.

Try looking at the Marriott Chain. Type in your city then you click on the "my dates are flexible" box (dont type in any dates). You can then select the individual hotels and look at the rate calendar for that particular hotel for the next few months. It automatically highlights the dates with the lowest rates. I have used it to get a rate of $125 at the Marriott East Side.

deleted

try Hotwire / betterbidding

imacheapbastard said:   Can anyone recommend a good but reasonably/decently priced hotel in midtown NYC?

Yes - I can!

See how frustrating posts without specifics are?

Here are some reasonably priced hotels for the new year weekend:

- Hyatt 48 Lex - $629/night
- The Peninsula - $$618/night
- The Westin Times Square - $617/night
- Intercontinental Barclay - $601/night
- hampton inn Times Square - $608/night
- hampton inn on 35th Street - $633/night

Hope this helps

BestHotelsUnder100.com is a site with several low priced options in NYC.

Here is the NYC page: http://www.besthotelsunder100.com/nyc-hotels-under-100/

They list these hotels:

1. Days Hotel Broadway
2. Hotel 41 Times Square
3. The Gershwin Hotel
4. Morningside Inn

And also several hotels that were highlighted in an article in the NY Times.

For me...Check out the rates for the "Hotel 41 Times Square" if you want a place in the middle of the action in Manhattan. for a 4 night stay the hotel rate (including taxes and fees) was only $580 on the travel site BestTravelCoupon.com.

Chelsea Savoy Hotel one of the best reasonable hotel.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014