Phoenix to ...Blythe, CA...yup, Blythe

Archived From: Travel Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Looking for some kind of cost effective way to trip out to Blythe and back -Planes, trains, etc.
- I have already looked up fares for Greyhound about $100+ round trip, which I will probably end up doing, but I am looking for ANY reasonable alternatives, even if they cost more.

Member Summary

Greyhound is probable your best bet. I used to go out camping out there in the winter and as far as I remember, there isn't much of anything. Check out http://www.zimride.com/ I just found them when I Googled "ride sharing".

Do not drink the tap water in Blythe.

Hitchhike

I second the ride share. Check out www.ridejoy.com

Rental car? Non airport location in Phoenix is about $200/ week (varies by date and length obviously). Tank of gas is $60 or so round trip. And then you have transport else there...no good public transport options in Blythe. Use a credit card with rental insurance included (if y have one, many CCs do) so you don't get taken by the rental car company ripoff insurance.

Plan B is ride share or hitch hike if you're a guy/ feel safe enough to do as a lady (don't recommend).

Bus is probably your only option if you can not rent a car.

Make sure to stop by Ellivnatas.

Do not take the bus to Blythe.

There is a very rough prison (Ironwood) in that city. When the inmates are released, they are given a Greyhound bus ticket back into town. There is a good chance you will share the bus with one or more newly-released felons on your way home.

Does OP not have a car? Isn't it only about a 2 hour drive?

Whoa, thanks for the tips y'all! BizE, I had no idea about the prisoner bus deal. and yeah I actually have no wheels (or liscense)the ride sharing is a fantastic idea though. Def going to check into that. Thanks Kennyz!

magnumcaliber said:   Whoa, thanks for the tips y'all! BizE, I had no idea about the prisoner bus deal. and yeah I actually have no wheels (or liscense)the ride sharing is a fantastic idea though. Def going to check into that. Thanks Kennyz!

I wouldn't worry about prisoners until you are trying to leave Blythe. Most are probably not taking the bus to prison.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014