REQUEST - advice about flight credit

Archived From: Travel Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I have some flight credit in MyWallet from Alaska Airlines. I am not planning to fly with them in the future but I can't figure out what else I can do with the credit--the airlines don't seem to let you buy a gift card with the funds or cash them out. Does anyone have any advice on what I can do with the funds besides spend them on a flight I am not really interested in taking?

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Look to book a flight for a family member or friends and have them reimburse you the cost.

Do I have to book the flight myself? Is it possible for them to book it and somehow use my funds? I couldn't get an answer about this from Alaska Airlines representatives.

A few questions for you so I might be of some help.
What is the expiration date in your credits? How many
Credits/ miles is in your wallet? Are you looking to donate
Them to a good charitable cause or cash the credits out?

I ended up finding a friend who wanted the credit. I am not sure how to transfer them to her so I will probably just let her have access to my account so she can book her ticket with it.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.