• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Enjoy complimentary beer and wine when you travel in the main cabin onboard American's international flights. Customers traveling on American-operated flights between the U.S. and Europe, the U.S. and Asia and / or onboard flights between the U.S. and Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Uruguay, Bolivia, and Peru can choose from a variety of complimentary beer and wine options, in addition to the full selection of nonalcoholic beverages.

Fine print:
*Complimentary Beer and Wine Service is available in main cabins onboard international flights between the U.S. and Europe, the U.S. and Asia and select flights between the U.S. and Latin America, including: Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil (CNF); Brasilia, Brazil (BSB); Buenos Aires, Argentina (EZE); Manaus, Brazil (MAO); Rio De Janeiro, Brazil (GIG); Sao Paulo, Brazil (GRU); Santiago, Chile (SCL); Montevideo, Uruguay (MVD); La Paz El Alto, Bolivia (LPB); Santa Cruz, Bolivia (VVI); Lima, Peru (LIM) Salvador, Bahia, Brazil (SSA); and Recife, Pernambuco, Brazil (REC).

Beer and wine offerings will vary by flight.

As they are today, all nonalcoholic beverages will remain as complimentary offerings in all classes of service and all beverages will remain as complimentary offerings in First and Business Class.

Member Summary

American Airlines
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Is this new policy for AA? Delta has been doing this for years and I figured other carriers had a similar policy.

Free beer and wine on international flights is quite common, even for Coach. Pretty much every European and Asian airline does this,
as well as many American carriers too

This is because the seats were moving so much between cabins that they just give everyone free drinks...

AA were out of line with the other main carriers in OneWorld... this brought them into line

choice of beer is usually heineken or amstel lite... the wines are screw tops things (obviously) so I don't pay much attention to them (!)

Just flew roundtrip from Miami to Paris Oct. 1 and returning Oct 17. They had wine in the Coach cabin for both flights and it was a fairly decent French Merlot for the red wine choice. The food was actually ok, too. Unfortunately, AA has been going through labor disputes and has had a marked increase in reporting of "maintainance issues" and pilots calling in sick. 3 out of 4 of our AA flights were significantly delayed, but at least we made it to our destination. Maybe we should have had more wine to drink.

When I flew to Paris with AA, they ran out of wine. When ordering, always ask for two at a time. When I flew to Tokyo, there was no demand and I got as much as I wanted.

You can also get free beer and wine domestically on Horizon Air...
http://www.alaskaair.com/content/travel-info/food-beverage/food-...

davork said:   ... the wines are screw tops things (obviously) so I don't pay much attention to them (!) You must not be much of a wine drinker.

Cheap Screw Cap Wine

Little Pricier Screw Cap

Shufflindoh said:   You can also get free beer and wine domestically on Horizon Air...
http://www.alaskaair.com/content/travel-info/food-beverage/food-...

Also complimentary on the shuttle flights between DC, NYC and Boston.

jaimelobo said:   davork said:   ... the wines are screw tops things (obviously) so I don't pay much attention to them (!) You must not be much of a wine drinker.

Little Pricier Screw Cap
Yeah, but still, would you want to drink that on the plane? I'd take it if they didn't unscrew it for me.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014