• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I'm currently a Hyatt Gold member (was diamond years ago, but rarely stay at Hyatts anymore). Every couple months I get a credit card offer in the mail promising two free nights at any Hyatt in the world and a free upgrade to Platinum status. I am fully aware of the benefits of platinum vs. gold, but I'm wondering if anyone has experience redeeming (or trying to redeem) the two free nights. If they would work at a Park Hyatt, this would seem like a pretty hot deal.

Worth the hassle of signing up for another credit card?

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

The free nights can be used at park hyatt, and if you choose the right ones (for example Paris or Tokyo), you can get quite good value. There is somewhat limited reward inventory though, so you do have to be flexible to book the rooms. Note: only the signup rooms can be used at PH; the anniversary free night is good only for Hyatt levels 1-4.

Despite them saying there are no blackout dates, it is VERY frustrating booking your award nights. Also knowing you can book the room since you are a 'platinum' member even though there are no available nights is kind of shady. I signed up for this card for me and my partner since we were going to Europe. We were on the phone for at least 4 hours with a flexible span of 10 days a good 4-5 months before our trip with no luck on either of their hotels in Paris. Eventually spoke with manager through the Hyatt hotline but it was quite an ordeal. Many of the hotels are not allowed (e.g. Puerto Rico). We ended up using the other 2 nights here in Columbus and Cinci as just a weekend getaway trip.

I booked my reward nights online - I could only do it by booking two separate one-night stays, the hotel combined them at check-in. Used them at the Hyatt Resort in Key West on an event weekend when rooms were going for $500+ per night.

I think I read about an offer to get this AND $100 statement credit recently, so you might want to look for that. Totally worth it for me...I'm even keeping it for the free category 1-4 award on each anniversary.

I used my two free nights at the Park Hyatt Tokyo, and had no issues redeeming them (booked exactly the dates I wanted in late May).

Thanks guys. Sounds like it could potentially be a hassle using the free nights depending on date flexibility and location. But then again, e.g. the Park Hyatt in Paris can easily run over $500 per night, so it's hard to say no to a $1000+ signup bonus offer even if there is a small risk of hassle.

How much of a hassle is signing up for a credit card and booking two free nights?! Took me less time than your posts.

I think it is totally worth it if you have travel plans that could make use of the Hyatt premium rooms. For instance, I recently joined and charged a pizza (from Little Ceasars 6 bucks) to my new Hyatt card. Next statement, there was my 2 reward nights. I had 40000 free points from another credit card offer and these points transferred to the Hyatt program. I had to buy a few extra points ($96) and was able to book pool view rooms at the Grand Hyatt in Kauai for 4 nights. The cost of the rooms would have been 2000.00. Neither credit card will cost me anything because the first year fee is waived. I will have the benefit of being a Platinum member while we are in Kauai. So if you are going to be using the awards for free nights in expensive locations, I think it's well worth the effort. And I had absolutely no problems using the reward nights!

This is totally worth it! My parents and I each got the card and we used our nights at the Grand Hyatt in Hong Kong (a level 6 hotel). The rooms typically go for around $500-$600 USD per night, and we got it for free. We just called the gold passport hotline and the reservations were completed in 15 minutes, hassle-free. We checked in all at the same time and we got to stay in the same room for 6 nights (2 nights each for the 3 of us)with no hassle! Because you're automatically a platinum member once you get the card, they took us up to the Grand Club to check in without needing to stand and wait in the regular line. If you get the card, definitely save it for an expensive location!

Also, when we signed up, they sent an extra platinum benefits certificate. You get to use extra 1000 points when we dine at the hotel, free bottle of wine, or Grand Club upgrade in the US only.

I had the card about a year ago with the 2-free nights. Used them in NYC. Grand Hyatt was not available when I initially looked, but closer to arrival date it opened up and I tranferred the reservation from Hyatt 48 Lex to this property. In summary, a little frustration early on, in the end, everything worked out. upgrade that room

Absolutely worth it. I stayed at the Park Hyatt in Sydney when it had just re-opened post refurbishing, amazing experience. Rooms there go for $800 a night these days.

Also stayed at the Park Hyatt Sydney last month with my 2 free nights. Going rate online was $900 per room. As the online system would only let me book one night at a time, called Hyatt and had no problem getting them to book the award over the phone.

The deal has changed and now you must spend $1000 in the first 3 months to get 2 free nights but you don't get $100 and have to pay the $75 annual fee. Should I hold out for a better deal or do you think this is the best deal I'm going to find before the end of the year? I want to book some nights at a Hyatt hotel in feb and want the perks, points and free nights. Btw can I book a good room at a level 4 hotel or am I suck with a standard room? Do you think I could get 2 queens?

Booked four nights at the Sydney Park Hyatt with little effort, two nights with my account and two nights with husband's. We're both new Hyatt cardholders. $3200 USD value. Definitely worth the hassle. BTW, we booked almost one year out.

Just wondering...I signed up for a cc and my friend got one too...can we both use our card for the same hotel..four nights and get the same room..dont really want to change rooms after two nights..has anyone done this and do we tell the hotel in advance or just tell them at check in?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014