REQUEST: Ski Week in Whistler, BC

Archived From: Travel Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
My girlfriend and I are trying to plan a week in January in Whistler. We've waded through all sorts of information and have just come out more confused than anything!

b. Dates of travel Jan 27 - Feb 1 (shiftable, we figured going over the course of the week would result in lower rates)
c. Departure city Seattle, WA
d. # of people 2 Adults
e. # of nights 5
f. Approximate budget for your trip $2000
g. Activities that interest you Skiing, tubing, sightseeing, hot tub.
h. WHAT YOU HAVE FOUND SO FAR IN YOUR RESEARCH. We have found a couple possibilities, but I have a hope that someone will know of a good package. We are planning on taking a Bolt Bus to Vancouver and then whatever sort of bus works best for Whistler. The BoltBus seems about 30 roundtrip and the Greyhound about 100 each. We'll need to rent skis, get lift tickets and my GF will probably take a lesson. As WA residents, the EDGE card seems like a good deal, with 3 lift tickets for $229, but I'm wondering if there's any sort of package that might end up being better.

Hotel quality, obviously we prefer better, but are willing to accept lower quality. We do want one close to the city/mountain and with a hot tub.

Sorry if this is kind of vague, but we're kind of just throwing up things to see what sticks, which means we're also appreciative of any suggestions!

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

You may want to check Groupon as they have had some offerings for Whistler in the last few weeks.

Haven't been to Whistler in years but I always found it better to put together my own package and rent a condo directly from an owner from sites like alluradirect and VRBO
.com. Used to be able to get cheap lift tickets at the 7-11 in Squamish on the way up by I don't know whether they still offer them.

7-11 does still offer the cheap tickets. If we ski 2 days, that might be the better option, but 3 days we'll get the EDGE card

Ended up just going through WhistlerBlackcomb.com to get in on their early bird purchase deal.

Got 5 nights in a 3 star hotel, 4 days lift passes and rentals (beginner for my GF, intermediate for me), 2 2-hour tubing, a Scandinavian spa day, and a half day lesson for my GF.

Total for that came to $1710. Needed to jump on ASAP, because the deal actually expired earlier today. Might not end up being THE best deal, but having it out of the way is going to take away a lot of the headache of planning

Kind of off topic, but if you continue with the skiing/boarding, Stevens Pass has a 1- 2- 3- program with 3 progressive lessons, 3 lift tickets and 3 rentals for $160. Best deal around the Seattle area for beginners. Might be good to get in a weekend before your vacation (depending on conditions). The day after the first day of skiing/boarding as a beginner is always a little painful. Anyway, have fun.

http://www.stevenspass.com/Stevens/lessons-packages/easy123.aspx

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.