Best way to use Delta Skymiles

Archived From: Travel Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I have AMEX Delta SkyMiles Options CC and 100K Delta Skymiles.
I checked the Delta SkyMiles Marketplace, $100 gift cards are 15K Skymiles.

What is the best way to use Delta Skymiles?

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

How about flying, since that is your great return on investment, and their purpose afterall?

Earn another 5,000 miles, and you can fly two people to Hawaii (checking generic dates and cities in early 2013). Fly to Paris, France for only 120,000 miles.

Surely, there has to be someplace in the world you have always wanted to visit, making them much more valuable than some meaningless gift cards.

Or if you have no interest in traveling (than why have the card), consider booking tickets for family or friends and have them pay you the cash.

Save Money, Travel More!

Flying is the only way to get 1+ cent per point usin skymiles.

Uou can get a Wall Street Journal subscription at a great rate with miles. It's a better deal if you look for the WSJ under the Magazines option than the Newspapers option.

Donate your miles.

Fly, I have about 150k points in AMEX, by converting them to delta miles I can travel to India and back with 100k miles + $150 in tax using Delta/AirFrance.

I would recommend flying, also. There are some pretty pricy places to fly normally where if you plan ahead you can go for 100K or fewer miles on Delta's partners.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014