Flying Spirit Airlines

Archived From: Travel Discussion
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Think number 4 on the advice list got messed up by autocorrect. May I suggest 4) Print out your boarding pass yourself, or you will pay a small fee for having them do so.

Just flew from DFW to TPA using my 15000 free Spirit points for signing up for their credit card. The service and flight experience wasn't really any different from Southwest or American Airlines, the seats just a little less roomy. As long as you know what to expect with their optional fees and plan accordingly, it's a bargain. However with that said, I wouldn't want to have to contact their customer service for any reason based on the horror stories I've read. I'd use them again if the price is right.

^^^
Thanks for pointing out the customer service. If you ever need them in a rush, forget it. Tried calling them from the airport once because there was an issue with the ticket, and it took over 45 minutes to get in touch with them, and the line quality is crap. You can barely understand them, not because of them, but the quality of the line.

LArugby said:   We were thinking of booking with them for a 1 night flight to Las Vegas from Los Angeles. I would only need a small bag so I could probably pass on paying for any baggage. But it seems like it may be a plane full of pissed off people.

I'm 6'1", is the leg room a problem? That could be the deal killer.

I treated my hubby to a quick escape to Vegas as a Christmas present. We went two weeks ago and flew Portland to Vegas... the right timing and the coupon offer made it just $68 RT. It was a flight full of happy people... (1) We were heading to VEGAS (2) the flight was delayed... and a bunch of the passengers passes the time in the Rouge Brewery across from the gate! On the flight back they were quiet... trip over, heading home. My hubby is 6"1' and his knee more than touched the seat. He survived for a 2 hr flight, but he said he couldn't do it to Orlando.

My daughter and I just got back from a trip to San Diego ($73 RT). We were originally going to take one checked bag which would have brought the total for two of us to $205. Even so it's less that one RT to San Diego with anyone else. As we packed we figured out another plan. We traveled with just the personal items, then mailed home a box of dirty laundry to make room for the souveniers from Disneyland in the backpack. It was $20 to ship a decent size box so we were still ahead $40. It wouldn't be worth it if I's had to go to a city post office, but in East San Diego there were only 3 people in line

If you're looking for bags that's the right size to travel FREE, try TravelGreenUSA.com

Boogak said:   Just flew from DFW to TPA using my 15000 free Spirit points for signing up for their credit card. The service and flight experience wasn't really any different from Southwest or American Airlines, the seats just a little less roomy. As long as you know what to expect with their optional fees and plan accordingly, it's a bargain. However with that said, I wouldn't want to have to contact their customer service for any reason based on the horror stories I've read. I'd use them again if the price is right.

I called customer service twice and the rep I got was helpful and courteous both times. We were considering canceling our trip, and I noticed you can change the names on the tickets if it's over 7 days before the flight... that's awesome. I can buy tickets cheap then figure out what friend has time to escape to Vegas or SoCal with me!If it's within the 7 days and you ticket is worth less than the change fee, make sure you cancel vs. no show. They give you $25 as a thank you for cancelling. Better than the big ZERO you get with most other airlines.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014