New Orleans New Year for 20 - Help me keep it cheap

Archived From: Travel Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
About 20 of us, mostly couples, would like to visit New Orleans for the New Year. I've personally never been but several of the others have. We are all 21+.

I'd love to hear your suggestions on both ways to save money (primarily) and any other information you'd like to share. Places to go/stay, attractions, cheap beer, etc.

Best,
JC

Member Summary

Gregorian, Chinese, or Jewish New Year?

DSJ said:   Gregorian, Chinese, or Jewish New Year?or the Mayan B'ak'tun? (but you don't need a return ticket for that)

Best way to save money is to do some research and then come back and post specific questions.

Stay at the YMCA. WTF do we look like, unpaid travel agents? What did VRBO
tell you? What did Priceline give you on your friggin research? IT'S FREAKING NYE - YOU ARE NOT GETTING OUT CHEAP.

I need to remind myself to stay off here. I sound less like the nice guy I am and more like McCoy from Star Trek.

hard2hold said:   I need to remind myself to stay off here. I sound less like the nice guy I am and more like McCoy from Star Trek.

It's worse than that, he's brain-dead Jim.

Since we had looked into this already, I will tell you that we decided to rent a house for the week. It was cheaper than the hotels, but not by much. Good luck trying to find one now.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014