• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I've been searching for a week now, all discounts are for multiple days... the closest I've come across for discount on single day admission ticket is through ASF office of University of Central Florida...
https://www.asf.ucf.edu/services/ticketcenter.html

I know I know one day is not near enough and all that, but I have a friend coming from overseas and time is limited, so we just wanted to touch bases on disney magic kingdom, SeaWorld and universal on three days and that's all my friend wants to do...

even the discount program through my work does not have anything for single day admission...

so can anyone please provide any help or tips getting discount on one day ticket??

TIA

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Plain and simple, you are not going to find any discounts on single day tickets unless you go the sketchy Craigslist route.

Queue the SP...

I believe Nostradamus predicted that Disney tickets would one day be discounted (right along with Apple products).

Unless you are a Florida resident or have some deal through your company/organization, you won't see much of a discount.

I'm not sure what you are expecting, the UCF price of $60/day is pretty darn cheap.

Polash said:   I've been searching for a week now, all discounts are for multiple days... the closest I've come across for discount on single day admission ticket is through ASF office of University of Central Florida...
https://www.asf.ucf.edu/services/ticketcenter.html

I know I know one day is not near enough and all that, but I have a friend coming from overseas and time is limited, so we just wanted to touch bases on disney magic kingdom, SeaWorld and universal on three days and that's all my friend wants to do...

even the discount program through my work does not have anything for single day admission...

so can anyone please provide any help or tips getting discount on one day ticket??

TIA

Do you qualify for that discounted ticket? Meaning do you have ID to prove when you go to buy.

Florida resident doesnt have discounted ticket for Magic Kingdom 1 day pass either.

jtclin said:   Florida resident doesnt have discounted ticket for Magic Kingdom 1 day pass either.Well, they sort of have a 1-day discount (although it's not much.) FL residents can add the Park Hopper on to a base ticket for half price ($17 v $35).

Currently the cheapest FL deal is the 3-day pass (~$170), but that is blacked out until after 1/4/13.

AA might have some.

MilleniumBuc said:   AA might have some.Alcoholics Anonymous sells WDW tickets?

jaimelobo said:   MilleniumBuc said:   AA might have some.Alcoholics Anonymous sells WDW tickets?

AAA. But Disney world is now selling beer and wine at their new Fantasy land restaurant, so it could happen.

You can buy the tickets through the off site Disney travel desk in the resorts (Sheraton Vistana, Swan, etc.). They sell conference attendee tickets for cheaper than daily gate price but the only hitch is you can enter after 2.00 pm. But I doubt if those tickets will be cheaper than the Univ. price of $60.

OP, most members here, although they've been posting daily for a decade, don't give a flying ---- about your $100 (and their own $100 for that matter); thus the quality of response you get.

I had no interest because I go free, but I did stumble upon this elementary offer while on Xmas Break: there are individuals who take you thru the gate in 1min for like $50. You can't re-enter, as you keep nothing in hand if I heard correctly. Those individuals of varied age (the offer to me was on behalf of a 60y.o. lady) for whatever reason (Cast Members or otherwise) are allowed a certain number of admissions for their friends and family. I may have kept her tel#; but anyone may try and look for those people by whatever means they are comfortable with... My contact came thru (pleasant young fellow) ticket broker 100 feet North of first 7-11 the moment you start up 535 from 192. He set me up on a few timeshare tours; I noticed a surprising number of new destinations popping up. Also, the talk of significantly higher rewards in Daytona - should definitely be investigated and reported, s'il vous plaît

SinglePapa said:   OP, most members here, although they've been posting daily for a decade, don't give a flying ---- about your $100 (and their own $100 for that matter); thus the quality of response you get.

I had no interest because I go free, but I did stumble upon this elementary offer while on Xmas Break: there are individuals who take you thru the gate in 1min for like $50. You can't re-enter, as you keep nothing in hand if I heard correctly. Those individuals of varied age (the offer to me was on behalf of a 60y.o. lady) for whatever reason (Cast Members or otherwise) are allowed a certain number of admissions for their friends and family. I may have kept her tel#; but anyone may try and look for those people by whatever means they are comfortable with... My contact came thru (pleasant young fellow) ticket broker 100 feet North of first 7-11 the moment you start up 535 from 192. He set me up on a few timeshare tours; I noticed a surprising number of new destinations popping up. Also, the talk of significantly higher rewards in Daytona - should definitely be investigated and reported, s'il vous plaît

Those individuals are cast members and would surely be fired if caught. I'm not sure what would happen to the person purchasing the "ticket" from them.

last time I was a beneficiary of that kind of entry was in my student years. We gave a ride from the Keys to a girl, who offered us to crash overnite. In the morning, she swiped us in; it took seconds, and we've never seen her again. You can over-analyze anything you want, or just do it and go about your biz. I don't think the 60y.o. lady would be offering it, if there were any issues. But again - everyone does as they please, there are more ways to skin the cat than I will ever imagine, I learn something new every day - and that's what will keep me ticking till I'm a hundred. I've seen plenty of boring people kick the bucket by 70, they would've never known fun if it bit them in deriere

OK. My mother in law (who lives in florida near disney and knows some employees there) says she can get $45-50 1 day park hopper tickets. My in laws are not sketchy -- but who knows the people who they know at the park could be doing something sketchy. They've asked us if we want some tickets. I do want them -- but should i be concerned that there is something sketchy going on?

outlawnyc said:   OK. My mother in law (who lives in florida near disney and knows some employees there) says she can get $45-50 1 day park hopper tickets. My in laws are not sketchy -- but who knows the people who they know at the park could be doing something sketchy. They've asked us if we want some tickets. I do want them -- but should i be concerned that there is something sketchy going on?

If these are tickets coming from employees, than your risk seems pretty minimal. However, only you can determine the risk associated with standing at the gates with your family and in the chance they deny you entry, the embarrassment that may ensue. Then sets in the cost to buy legitimate tickets.

Without knowing any employees, your MIL can buy FL Resident rate 4-day park hoppers for $157 (so $40/day) to give you a comparison point. Using these discount tickets is probably a bigger risk than the employee tickets (since any adult using the FL tickets is supposed to show proof of residency at time of ticket pickup.)

Technically, neither is strictly legit, the emp is just selling their guest passes they receive, they are perfectly within their rights to give them to any friend/family they choose and they are friends with your MIL. What is sketchy is they are not supposed to sell them. No one is going to ask you if you purchased them -- whereas, there is a chance that you may be asked for residency proof with the FL discount tickets, just depends on the people in guest services when you pick them up.

A few years ago, an old college roommate and his boyfriend were visiting and wanted to go to Disney. They were running single day FL pricing at the time. We all walked to the ticket booth together, I bought FL passes for my wife and I; my friends then asks for two tickets, the 19-year old at the booth asked if they were residents also, they said no, just visiting us, she said "Close enough" and sold them the tickets at the discount price. So the policy is only as good as the people enforcing it.

Apparently the employee is going to "let us in". I'm hesitant sigh.

outlawnyc said:   Apparently the employee is going to "let us in". I'm hesitant sigh.They are signing you in on a gate pass, again perfectly within their rights to let family and friends use them -- they're just not supposed to make money. That said; it is quite the cottage industry for the employees at all the parks. We have numerous friends that work at Universal and Disney and have gone into the parks this way (once with about 10 people in the group), none of the other employees will raise an eyebrow.

At least you “know” the employee (through your MIL); that's a better situation than what a lot of folks do -- go on Craig's list, make arrangements to meet a complete stranger at the gate, drive to the park, pay $16 to park, and hope the person is there.

this is a thorough report from jaime...what's hard to understand about our membership: I've said exactly the same thing in numerous topics - and it attracted exclusively adverse reaction. And Jaime himself at the outset of current topic came out writing about Apple, instead of this...And that's how this sub-forum is dead in the water: no participation geared toward great deals, ideas and actual travel. While I've executed already ten roundtrips from NYC to Orlando covering every single schoolbreak last four years without a miss, with people saving two or three times what they'd otherwise pay

I am not condoning using employee passes, outlawnyc asked about the legitimacy of using this method. I am simply stating the facts about using these passes. As I mentioned, I have used employee passes, but I have never paid for them, which is how they are supposed to be used.

The OP asked about WDW discounts. Buying employee passes, partially-used multiday passes, or attempting to use resident passes it not a legitimate “discount”. It is a way to get into the parks cheaper, but it is not without risk (however low that might be). For many, with a large family, buying random (hopefully still active), used multi-day passes or meeting one (or possible more) employees at the gate is not how they spend a vacation at WDW.

Then I also want to clarify: Fatwallet Forums are not about paying retail, or about strictly following the sponsor's intended use. It's 100% clear that no bank/CC offers $500+ bonus to open up, if you intend to close the day after the first allowed date. But the entire forum is dedicated to exchanging advice on how to best do just that. And so it should be

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014